Where are MY ALL files (daz 4.6)

p05p05 Posts: 25

I have installed the product and installed it a while and have been updated.
I have gradually been buying many products from you and now
I started the program and NO ONE PRODUCT OR Installed. And yes, all have been installed with the install manager.
In fact I used it one month ago and had everything installed. Thus, as hell have disappeared ALL my products purchased LEGALLY to you?

I want help now

Post edited by p05 on

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well first off DIM installs to a content folder that DAZ Studio never points to until you tell it to. So how it ever worked is a mystery to me. Only DAZ Studio 4.0 and one or two other early versions of DS4+ came with content that auto installed to the DEFAULT DAZ Studio content folder so I'm still wondering just how long ago it was when it worked for you. The Content has not been auto installed in a long time now.

You have not provided WE USERS with any information we could use to help you. (This is a USER run Forum and we Admins are only users just as you are.) Such information as which Operating System you use, Windows or Mac. Or if you did Default installs with the DAZ Studio Program and then another default install with DIM (DAZ Studio Install Manager) for your bought content would help us to help you.

I'm always more than happy to help users get DAZ Studio working if I can. There are Tutorials covering Content installation, the proper use of DIM and all it's settings, and even new user Manuals in PDF format posted in the forums if a user needs them. If you need help to set up DAZ Studio properly just ask. If you need links to the files that will help you do it on your own just ask. You can also just check the Documentation Center yourself if that is the way you would prefer to go. Here is a link to the USER Guides just so you have them.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/32249/

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

And yes, all have been installed with the install manager.
    In fact I used it one month ago and had everything installed. Thus, as hell have disappeared ALL my products purchased LEGALLY to you?

I want help now

Easy way to fix...us your OS file manager and search for some know piece of content...then note the path, again, in your file explorer.

Then open DS 4.6 and go to the Preferences and in the content management section, point DS to the folder where it is located. Close DS and then restart it (yeah, you could refresh it internally, but I find that slower than just restarting).

• p05p05 Posts: 25
    edited January 2014

Well im sorry for my rude post but i need this files for work, I don´t understand how didn´t work and i am very sad.
    Ill try read all but my english is poor...

My system is Windows 8, i´ve installed all default by D.I.M. Indeed im looking my D.I.M now and i can see all the files installed but i start the program and nothing.

im trying

Post edited by p05 on
    edited January 2014

The DIM folder at a default load is like this C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library and DAZ Studio needs set like this...

DAZ Studio does not auto point to that folder, you must set it to do it.

Paths.png
    444 x 365 - 51K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • p05p05 Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

No . doesn´t works. I can´t find my content buyed and installed by DIM. Must i delete and uninstall all?
    thank

edited December 1969

What PATH does your DIM point to? Step one Click the GEAR in the Upper Right, Step two Click on Installation that shows the PATH the content is installed to.

Capture-001.png
    690 x 630 - 82K
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

No . doesn´t works. I can´t find my content buyed and installed by DIM. Must i delete and uninstall all?

Deleting/uninstalling is almost guaranteed not to solve a problem like you describe. Most often your content is installed, but DIM has put it in a location D|S hasn't been set to look at, as mentioned upthread. The two programs do not talk to one another, and they have different ideas of "default installation location". This is usually solved by finding the DIM default location and telling D|S to look there.
  • cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Didn't DS prompt you with a new path to content installed by DIM ("Native content found..." or something similar)? I haven't upgraded to 4.6 yet, but in 4.5, it always works like that. It's actually quicker than using your Content Database Manager or something called like that to choose the paths manually, although it also works. Just remember to point the programme to that path of yours for both DS native and Poser native files.