Looks like the "limited time offer" on DS4, Hexagon and Bryce is no longer limited...

2»

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    edited December 1969

...the model and even brand of GPU may also play a role. As I have heard from some, GPUs based on nVidia chipsets tend to work better with Daz Studio than those from ATI.

Then again, I'm stuck with an Intel 945GM. Definitely not "high performance". It only recognises up to 14 lights, texture maps up to 2048 x 2048 and is unable to support Toon rendering. It's real slow going working with a Stonemason or Jack Tomalin set, or clothing by Bad KItteh or :LittleFox.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...the model and even brand of GPU may also play a role. As I have heard from some, GPUs based on nVidia chipsets tend to work better with Daz Studio than those from ATI.

Then again, I'm stuck with an Intel 945GM. Definitely not "high performance". It only recognises up to 14 lights, texture maps up to 2048 x 2048 and is unable to support Toon rendering. It's real slow going working with a Stonemason or Jack Tomalin set, or clothing by Bad KItteh or :LittleFox.

For some reason I've always stuck with Nvidia cards so maybe that's why I haven't had many problems.
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I need to remember that Nvidia is the card of choice!

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Khory said:

I have NVIDIA and my Studio 4 crashes often when I try to Surface Shade Gen 4 textures... >_>
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Hrmmm..Perhaps that isn't it. Pretty sure my current is NVIDIA and I think the only time studio crashes for me is when I try to use the wrong version of some of the dynamics I've worked on (in other words my fault).

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Khory said:

I have NVIDIA and my Studio 4 crashes often when I try to Surface Shade Gen 4 textures... >_>If by that you mean trying to use the human surface shader...I've had no problems with it so far which Nvidia card do you have? Maybe it's not the card that is causing problems for you...
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    edited December 1969

...could be something as simple as a driver update.