Geograft issues resolved?

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Last I checked, Carrara had some issues with geografting not quite working properly. Anyone know if this has been resolved?

Bill

Comments

• ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

wwoelbel said:
    Last I checked, Carrara had some issues with geografting not quite working properly. Anyone know if this has been resolved?

Bill

It is not fixed in the latest 8.5 release (at least for the genitals).
  • edited December 1969

Hmmm Its been a few months. I would have thought that they would have fixed this.

Thanks for the info - I assumed that the readme for Carrara in the store was just old... Nope.

• rk66rk66 Posts: 432
    edited December 1969
  • edited December 1969

Curious... Does that mean that the geometry of the geograft will work properly but that textures will/may be botched? My original experiments had the actual geometry mucked up.

• treecatttreecatt Posts: 6
    edited January 2014

I just bought and installed Carrara yesterday. I found I had to bring the geografted female genitalia onto the Genesis figure in a specific way for it to attach properly. Specifically, I have to drag it onto the Genesis figure. If I drag and drop onto Genesis in the Instance window it fails to graft properly. However, the texture mapping is still mucked up. Has the same issue as shown on other threads.

Image removed by a Moderator

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Wow. Seriously. You need someone to point this out to you? Exposed genitals are NOT allowed in the forum. You need to do something to cover the actual sexual organs themselves before the mods remove the image completely or shut own the thread. What we need to see is visible enough there is no need to show literally everything.

As a general rule, nudity isn't allowed in public places, even virtual ones. Hard to believe you didn't know any better.

• treecatttreecatt Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

Actually I didn't realize this. Seen it posted in that fashion elsewhere and thought it was on this forum but I've been to a number of places in regards to this issue. Won't do it again. nuff said. Moderator already removed the image before I could.