Face Transfer failed to load base material

I am starting to learn how to use the Face Transfer in the new DAZ 4.12
before i buy it.

Everything works fine but i keep getting this message:
Face Transfer failed to load the base material preset.
The image will transfer but with reduced quality!

Anybody knows why?

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I suspect you'll get more help if you ask this question in the official 4.12 thread here. And you may find some useful information in this Art Studio thread, is there a Face Transfer thread.

I haven't done anything with Face Transfer myself, so I have no first-hand knowledge to help you with.

• Maybe he has something to do with this message i first got when i
    dident have a G8 loaded and selected!

face transfer.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 233K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Did you Update Genesis 8 Starter Essentials

• Make sure you have the updated vesion of Genesis 8 Starter Essentials installed.

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064
    edited September 2019

I get this error message too and there's a hint in the logs:

2019-09-25 19:45:12.505 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(2652): Invalid filename passed to DzContentMgr::openFile()
    2019-09-25 19:45:14.443 Face Transfer failed to load the base material preset.
    The image will still transfer, but with reduced quality.

I think Face Transfer is sending a bad filename to the content manager.  It might be a bug, because it happens every time I use it.
    But the log doesn't tell us "what" filename it's sending.  Probably one that doesn't exist.

Post edited by Seven193 on
  • Dave230 said:

I get this error message too and there's a hint in the logs:

2019-09-25 19:45:12.505 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\general\dzcontentmgr.cpp(2652): Invalid filename passed to DzContentMgr::openFile()
    2019-09-25 19:45:14.443 Face Transfer failed to load the base material preset.
    The image will still transfer, but with reduced quality.

I think Face Transfer is sending a bad filename to the content manager.  It might be a bug, because it happens every time I use it.
    But the log doesn't tell us "what" filename it's sending.  Probably one that doesn't exist.

Have you installed the updated Genesis 8 Starter Essentials? If so, through DIM of Connect?

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064
    edited September 2019

I installed the starter essentials a long time ago.  Is there new content related to Face Transfer in the essentials package now?  I haven't done that.

I downloaded both male and female starter essentials, installed them, and the error went away.  This looks like the missing file that didn't exist in the old essential package:

2019-09-27 16:13:11.865 File loaded in 0 min 0.2 sec.
    2019-09-27 16:13:11.881 Loaded file: Genesis 8 Female Simple MAT.duf

Post edited by Seven193 on
  • Yes, the update adds a clothed figure (which is what you get if you run it without having a Genesis 8 selected) and the files required for the materials at least.

• Same issue!!!!!!! will they give us an fix. Were pauing

• KeironKeiron Posts: 413
    edited December 2019

Hi

I'm getting the same face transfer  issue, missing new content and an eye problem

Following missing new content

I reinstalled all the Daz content to a different directory  H:\ My DAZ 3D Library using the Content |Manager and Renderosity Poser content to it's now fixed location public folder C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library usning Win Zip

New content issue resolved. I assume that the Daz3d Poser content also goes to this Public Directory

Face transfer issue

Downloaded Genesis Genesis 2, 3 and 8 Genesis 8 Starter Essentials from Daz 3d site installed, no change still same problem

Since the reinstall to fix the content problem the face transfer no longer generates a clothed Genesi 8 figure

With nothing loaded in Scene, I get Face Transfer failed to load Genesis 8 figure Could not locate the female Genesis 8 file

"data/Daz 3d/Genesis 8 Female Starter Essentials/utilities/Genesis 8 Female With Basic Wear .duf using photo

With Genesis 8 Female  loaded, Face Transfer failed to load the base material preset
    The Image will still transfer but with reduced quality

I was wondering when updates are provided in the Daz Installer from time to time they are different to the ones I download?

Eye Problem

Created new face transfer then made Generation 8 figure move

Noticed eyes were popping out of Generation 8 figures head,  seems worse when eyes were set to follow camera?

Using Key mate, I can't see any keys to move the eyes

This doesnt seem to happen with a standard Genesis 8 figure

I aslo rebuilt the database and reimported the Meta data still no change

Perhaps Smart content isnt seeing the Gen 8 folder

OK so I've noticed that the daz 3d folder is in 2 locations

In my case ive put the daz content onto my H drive

in a folder called  H:/ My DAZ 3D Library

inside this I can see this a folder called  data

inside that a folder called / daz 3d

inside that just genesis genesis 2,3 and 8 nothing else

I also can see this in the content folder

Data / DAZ 3D / but this has the female started folders in as well

I've copied these starter folders to folder above H:/ My DAZ 3D Library

inside this I can see this a folder called  data

inside that a folder called / daz 3d

and it now loads the Genesis figure with basic clothes, I haven't copied the Genesis ,Genesis2, 3, and 8 across yet

I've now copied the Genesis, Genesis 2, 3 and 8 folders from the Content/Data /Daz 3d to the Data/Daz3d and all is now working OK no errors

Post edited by Keiron on
  • OK

I ahve remved all Starter Essentials (Except Mimic) and downloaded fresh and reinstalled ALL of them again and I still get this missing error. Is there ANY help at all or are we just out here with our pants down? I have NO desire to be moving my content files around and such.

• OK

I ahve remved all Starter Essentials (Except Mimic) and downloaded fresh and reinstalled ALL of them again and I still get this missing error. Is there ANY help at all or are we just out here with our pants down? I have NO desire to be moving my content files around and such.

The required mat then should be found on whichever Drive at:

:\DazDocs\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Tools\Presets\Genesis 8 Females Simple MAT.duf

Sometimes rebooting the computer helps D/S reregister [or whatever it does] all what it has.

• OK

:\DazDocs\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Tools\Presets\Genesis 8 Females Simple MAT.duf

Sometimes rebooting the computer helps D/S reregister [or whatever it does] all what it has.

You ROCK! Thanks a bunch even though my initial spelling was horendes. I actually had to add in both male and female but is not getting errors now.

Thanks

• OK

You ROCK! Thanks a bunch even though my initial spelling was horendes. I actually had to add in both male and female but is not getting errors now.

Thanks

You're quite welcome, glad you got it working! Enjoy.

btw - if you find that you want the face morphs um, 'fuller', this product was an instant buy for many of us when it came out:

https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-shapes-for-genesis-8

It was designed to compliment the Face Transfer plugin.