(Released) Dropship Griffin [Commercial]

PorsimoPorsimo Posts: 359
edited September 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Griffin is a dropship / light transport which can carry a large vehicle or a considerable amount of cargo, but can also be equipped with modular seats for up to 30 troops. The ship is equipped with a retractable twin-barrel turret on top of the hull for self-defense.

The Griffins have been landed and can be reached here: https://www.daz3d.com/dropship-griffin

Dropship_griffin_Main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 589K
Dropship_griffin_popup_01.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 910K
Dropship_griffin_popup_02.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 821K
Dropship_griffin_popup_03.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 798K
Dropship_griffin_popup_04.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 988K
Dropship_griffin_popup_05.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 702K
Dropship_griffin_popup_08.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 473K
Dropship_griffin_popup_11.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 409K
Post edited by Porsimo on

Comments

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,777

Nice! Do you have any more interior shots? A roughed-up dark texture?

• PorsimoPorsimo Posts: 359
    xyer0 said:

Nice! Do you have any more interior shots? A roughed-up dark texture?

Thanks. The surfaces are definitely not clean and smooth, but have dirt and rust and are worn all around. It just doesn't show up in these images due to the scale of the ship. Although, I wanted to keep the effects subtle, because they easily begin to look exaggerated in close-ups.

Below is a few more interior shots.

Dropship_griffin_popup_06.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 808K
    Dropship_griffin_popup_07.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 913K
    Dropship_griffin_popup_13.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 779K
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

This is pretty. Want!

:)

I would love some "dirty" textures made for it, if possible. I can wing it with other products if there is no time any more, though. :)

RKane_1 said:

This is pretty. Want!

:)

I would love some "dirty" textures made for it, if possible. I can wing it with other products if there is no time any more, though. :)

It has gone through the QA process already, so there's no way those can be included anymore. But, I could release the dirty versions of these two variations as a freebie. It's not that much of a work anyway, and post-release addon textures don't seem to be a thing anymore nowadays smiley

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Can always use more Dropships. Airborne! (umm Spaceborne!).

• nice work again.

looking forward to getting this

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,815

"WE'RE ON AN EXPRESS ELEVATOR TO HELL! GOING DOWN!"

(sorry, I got a bit carried away there)

Gorgeous model, by the way. That one's going in the basket.

• I notice a dorsal turret, but does it have a ventral one, too? It really needs a way to fire at the surface to clear provide fire support for landing zones.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,905

If the dropship needs to clear the LZ, some ground and support teams need a stern talking to!

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited September 2019

If only ever it needs to fire up, instead of down, priorities need fixing. :)

Also, it's likely for an orbital transport craft like this to be used to be the first to place those very assets on the ground.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • Very nice

I notice a dorsal turret, but does it have a ventral one, too? It really needs a way to fire at the surface to clear provide fire support for landing zones.

There's no space for the ventral turret. The ideology / doctrine for this vessel is that fighters clear the airspace and after that, gunships clear the LZ and provide CAS after landing. The dorsal turret is for self-defense purposes only. Or, that's at least the excuse I came up to cover the fact I couldn't fit a turret underneath laugh

nice work again.

looking forward to getting this

bytescapes said:

"WE'RE ON AN EXPRESS ELEVATOR TO HELL! GOING DOWN!"

(sorry, I got a bit carried away there)

Gorgeous model, by the way. That one's going in the basket.

GhostofMacbeth said:

Very nice

Thank you!

edited September 2019

I really like the looks of the cargo/personnel hold (which is where the fun will happen). Got any closeup spare shots of that? BTW, thanks for the interior cabin renders; they are quite exciting!

Post edited by xyer0 on
    xyer0 said:

I really like the looks of the cargo/personnel hold (which is where the fun will happen). Got any closeup spare shots of that? BTW, thanks for the interior cabin renders; they are quite exciting!

Thanks! Here's the cargohold with seats, without seats and a close-up of the seats:

CH1WS.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 997K
    CH1NS.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 994K
    CH1S.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 749K
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited September 2019

I really do like that imense area for so many seats and optional cargo space. We can assume you've included sitting poses for all of those and the cockpit stations, right? :) Do they also come with straps or the metal bars snapping down overhead to secure them?

What's the suit that pilot is wearing? It looks familiar, but can't quite place it.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • Now if only there was some basic living quarters it would be the perfect hero ship for space travel games.

We need more Serenity/Milano/Millennium Falcon like ships... :(

Cloesest I've found is coflek-gnorg's "Spaceship with detailed interior" on Renderosity and even that has some fundimental flaws (it's a box with tiny two engines plastered to it and it's cargo comparment is unrealistically small)

I really do like that imense area for so many seats and optional cargo space. We can assume you've included sitting poses for all of those and the cockpit stations, right? :) Do they also come with straps or the metal bars snapping down overhead to secure them?

What's the suit that pilot is wearing? It looks familiar, but can't quite place it.

Yes, pilot, co-pilot and cargo poses for left and right side are included for g8. No straps or bars, though. The outfit is Space uniform for g8m.

Now if only there was some basic living quarters it would be the perfect hero ship for space travel games.

Cloesest I've found is coflek-gnorg's "Spaceship with detailed interior" on Renderosity and even that has some fundimental flaws (it's a box with tiny two engines plastered to it and it's cargo comparment is unrealistically small)

The starting point was purely a dropship, the cargo ship was a late idea, but for that it does lack the living quarters. :(
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

This is great ship. I also would have liked another gun perhaps (maybe a nose turret) but being defensive in nature much of the support fire I imagine would be coming from ground troops. Like the M113 its primary purpose appears to be the speedy insertion and removal of troops in hot zones. Later versions of the M113 were later devised to carry heavier armament but this often came by sacrificing troop capacity, its original purpose. The Bradley has an interesting history, for those who like this sort of thing. It started out as a replacement for the M113 but ended up being morphed into a hybrid that did not meet its original purpose. They gave up troop capacity to add ammo for the the main weapon. They gave up speed to add armor. It ended up, by many opinions, to be a troop carrier that could not carry many troops (max. cap. 6), or a tank that had an undersized gun and was too lightly armored to go up against other armor. It is an awesome vehicle but it does not serve its original purpose.

For the primary purpose of a dropship I think this does a good job. I will be sure to buy.

My 2 cents.

• Porsimo said:

Now if only there was some basic living quarters it would be the perfect hero ship for space travel games.

The starting point was purely a dropship, the cargo ship was a late idea, but for that it does lack the living quarters. :(

Could always use it as the basis of a Mk2 with a stretched neck... just saying.

Sigurd said:

This is great ship. I also would have liked another gun perhaps (maybe a nose turret) but being defensive in nature much of the support fire I imagine would be coming from ground troops. Like the M113 its primary purpose appears to be the speedy insertion and removal of troops in hot zones. Later versions of the M113 were later devised to carry heavier armament but this often came by sacrificing troop capacity, its original purpose. The Bradley has an interesting history, for those who like this sort of thing. It started out as a replacement for the M113 but ended up being morphed into a hybrid that did not meet its original purpose. They gave up troop capacity to add ammo for the the main weapon. They gave up speed to add armor. It ended up, by many opinions, to be a troop carrier that could not carry many troops (max. cap. 6), or a tank that had an undersized gun and was too lightly armored to go up against other armor. It is an awesome vehicle but it does not serve its original purpose.

For the primary purpose of a dropship I think this does a good job. I will be sure to buy.

My 2 cents.

Thanks. At first I thought to add heavier armament, but I then decided it needs a "safe" zone for landing.
    Porsimo said:

I'm afraid that would need a whole new model:/
  • Porsimo said:
    Porsimo said:

I'm afraid that would need a whole new model:/

Well, at least its an idea to keep in mind. A Hero type Ship for space adventures.

There's like none of 'em worth mentioning. Most are either very old or very flawed. Normally both.

• Just out of curiosity, where does that ladder in the cockpit go? I thought it went into the cargo area but it appears not. Is there some kind of airlock down below it leads to or something?

• thd777thd777 Posts: 932

Just out of curiosity, where does that ladder in the cockpit go? I thought it went into the cargo area but it appears not. Is there some kind of airlock down below it leads to or something?

Looks like it goes down to the hatch in the bottom as an exit. You can see the guy coming out of it in the 4th picture in the first post. 
    ciao

TD

Yeah. The ladders go to the hatch underneath the ship.

It's live! Looks great! Thanks for all the extra renders!

• got it

thanks again