Genesis clothing to M4

PMamaMPMamaM Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi!

Have a question & I hope this is the right place to ask it. I have a 'character' whathaveyou, I used M4 to create. Spent quite a bit of time getting features and all that nifty stuff the way I wanted it. I got the nightguard clothing stuffs (yes so non technical, please forgive me) and realized AFTER downloading that it is for Genesis (not sure how I missed the 'for genesis' in the title o.O). I was wondering if there is a way to have it auto fit on the m4 figure which is why I wanted it in the first place. I reaaaally don't want to try to recreate my dude on the genesis model. I did do a google search first, found a lot of 'm4 to genesis' posts but none for the reverse.

So basically is there a way to take the clothing for genesis and force it to fit on M4?

Bonus question; are there copyright/legality issues with using daz renders on ebook covers?

Thanks.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

It would probably be easier to get the M4 shape for Genesis and transfer the character morph to Genesis than try to get the clothing to work on M4

For the second question...as long as it isn't someone else's work, you can use renders you make or have made for you as covers, posters, etc....it's the content is protected. When you make a render, you are the owner of the IP rights to that render.

• PMamaMPMamaM Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ahhh, cool, I did not know I could do that. As I told my friends a few moments ago; and I know just enough of this stuff to make me truly dangerous...I can bork it in so many exciting and head scratching ways... Thank you very much. And thanks for answering the ebook cover question. I thought that was the case, but wanted to double check. Don't want to step on anyone's toes. Thanks again.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

Hmmm.

Theoretically it's possible, but you'd need:

1. A TriAx version of M4, so Transfer Utility can be used.
    2. A clone of Genesis for that version of M4.

Neither of those presently exists in an official version. Putting them together would not be especially easy, and even then, I question whether clothing converted thus would readily fit well when converted back to .cr2. If you're already using DS (and not stuck with m4 because of a commitment to earlier versions of Poser) it really is easier to just convert the character.