Daz 4.12 not installed?- Solved

My 3D SpinMy 3D Spin Posts: 600
edited September 2019 in New Users

When i look in DIM i can see that DAZ 4.12 (Win 64 bit) is installed but when i open DAZ it still says i am using 4.11 pro
Why is that?

Post edited by My 3D Spin on

Comments

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984

That's mentioned in the release notes under Known Issues:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/353851/daz-studio-4-12-pro-general-release

• Lindsey said:

That's mentioned in the release notes under Known Issues:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/353851/daz-studio-4-12-pro-general-release

Ok-How can i check in DAZ that i really have the DAZ 4.12 Installed! 
                     I dont see any special changes.

• Check the About?

• Check the About?

The About tells me i have 4.11 as well

• Are you sure it's the right channel (General Relase, Public Build) and version (32/64 bit)?

• Are you sure it's the right channel (General Relase, Public Build) and version (32/64 bit)?

I checked my DIM and it says that i have 4.12 (64 bit) installed!

• I meant the version you are opening that still says 4.11.

How can i see that?

How can i see that?

Is it the beta or release - should say in the title bar, or the About Daz Studio dialogue? Is it the 32 or 64 bit version?

How can i see that?

Is it the beta or release - should say in the title bar, or the About Daz Studio dialogue? Is it the 32 or 64 bit version?

It says says 4.11.Pro edetion and its 64 Bit

• Are you opening the program from the folder or from a shortcut?

• Are you opening the program from the folder or from a shortcut?

From the desktop icon!

• I realized now that i havent downloaded and installed 4.12 in DIM - I just saw when i opened DIM
    that i had 4.12 installed!

Can DIM auto install without me knowing it has?

• I realized now that i havent downloaded and installed 4.12 in DIM - I just saw when i opened DIM

Not that I know of.

Assuming you were connected at the time DIM will show the current name on the server for all packages (Ready to Download, Ready to Install, and Installed), in this case 4.12, even if the package installed has a different name. Work offline and you will see the local name instead.

Assuming you were connected at the time DIM will show the current name on the server for all packages (Ready to Download, Ready to Install, and Installed), in this case 4.12, even if the package installed has a different name. Work offline and you will see the local name instead.

I opened DIM and in Offline mode and this is what i see in the Installed tab: See image

DAz 4.12.jpg
    620 x 554 - 255K
  • Oki- I solved it. I downloaded 4.12 again and clicked installed and my System asked me if i allow changes.
    Wich a auto install wouldent have been able too.

So now i have the 4.12