Daz Studio 4.12 Pro, General Release! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    L'Adair said:

I'm trying to report an issue I'm having with Daz Studio via the Daz 3D Help Center. (It's an intermittent problem I've now seen in both 4.11 and 4.12.) The Tech Ticket Tracker has nothing that's relevant. Is there somewhere else to file a Bug Report?

No, but what you need is this page.

I'm on that page.

And the required Tech Ticket Tracker has me stumped. Here are my options:

Account - Cancellation/Close
    Account - Change Email
    Account - Confirmation
    Account - Reset Password
    Bryce
    Carrara
    Crash - Close
    Crash - Loading a Scene
    Crash - Render
    Crash - Startup
    Custom Content
    Customer Inquiry
    dForce
    Driver Issue
    Earlier Version Request
    EULA Licensing
    Feature Request
    Hexagon
    How to Uninstall
    Installation
    Locate Product
    Login - Connect
    Login - DIM
    Login - Website
    Missing Required Product
    Phototshop Bridge
    PostgreSQL
    Product Error - Connect
    Product Error - DIM
    Product Error - Manual
    ReadMe Issue
    Sales Support Issue
    Serial Number
    SPAM or N/A
    Tafi
    Tutorials
    UI Issues in Daz Studio
    User Error
    Web - Product Page 404
    Web - Site Timeout

The issue is upon loading a very large scene into Daz Studio, created on the version I'm opening it up in, one or more items become something else. Since it has happened to me twice now, with two different scenes and two different versions of Daz Studio, I decided I needed to report it.

The first time, I opened a file that included a an apartment as part of a set. The apartment, (four walls, ceiling, floor, door, window, etc. all modeled in,) was turned into a plane primative.

This last time, three plane primatives used as emissive lights parented to modified cube primatives as light blockers, became cubes. Complete with the one side missing that I'd removed from the original cubes using the Geometry Editor.

So I really haven't a clue as to which option I need to check in that drop-down!

• jcowb1jcowb1 Posts: 56

It won't download for me via DIM and when I downloaded manually it kept trying to install 4.11. I have both 4.11 and 4.12 public build on my drive.

• ThatOminThatOmin Posts: 37
    edited October 2019

I'm not tech savvy when it comes to explaining what's happening with a program...but...

My PC has been crashing a lot during renders since I installed 4.12.

Usually due to memory.

Also...installer says it's installing 4.11...not sure what's up with that.

Post edited by ThatOmin on
  • jcowb1 said:

It won't download for me via DIM and when I downloaded manually it kept trying to install 4.11. I have both 4.11 and 4.12 public build on my drive.

The manual install is 4.12, it's just mislabelled as it installs. However, it is better to be consistent in installation emthod so check you have the appropriate options (Software, OS and bits) set in Download Filters in DIM.

• ThatOmin said:

I'm not tech savvy when it comes to explaining what's happening with a program...but...

Usually due to memory.

What are you system specs?

ThatOmin said:

Yes, as in my last reply this is known and just a mislabelling (so not worth asking people to redownload for a fix).

• L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

I'm trying to report an issue I'm having with Daz Studio via the Daz 3D Help Center. (It's an intermittent problem I've now seen in both 4.11 and 4.12.) The Tech Ticket Tracker has nothing that's relevant. Is there somewhere else to file a Bug Report?

I'm on that page.

Account - Change Email
    Account - Confirmation
    Account - Reset Password
    Bryce
    Carrara
    Crash - Close
    Crash - Loading a Scene
    Crash - Render
    Crash - Startup
    Custom Content
    Customer Inquiry
    dForce
    Driver Issue
    Earlier Version Request
    EULA Licensing
    Feature Request
    Hexagon
    How to Uninstall
    Installation
    Locate Product
    Login - Connect
    Login - DIM
    Login - Website
    Missing Required Product
    Phototshop Bridge
    PostgreSQL
    Product Error - Connect
    Product Error - DIM
    Product Error - Manual
    ReadMe Issue
    Sales Support Issue
    Serial Number
    SPAM or N/A
    Tafi
    Tutorials
    UI Issues in Daz Studio
    User Error
    Web - Product Page 404
    Web - Site Timeout

The issue is upon loading a very large scene into Daz Studio, created on the version I'm opening it up in, one or more items become something else. Since it has happened to me twice now, with two different scenes and two different versions of Daz Studio, I decided I needed to report it.

The first time, I opened a file that included a an apartment as part of a set. The apartment, (four walls, ceiling, floor, door, window, etc. all modeled in,) was turned into a plane primative.

This last time, three plane primatives used as emissive lights parented to modified cube primatives as light blockers, became cubes. Complete with the one side missing that I'd removed from the original cubes using the Geometry Editor.

So I really haven't a clue as to which option I need to check in that drop-down!

I would select whatever you think is the closest, but explain in the description box what it pertains to. Customer Servies will hopefully send it to the right person/s.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,149
    L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

I'm on that page.

Account - Change Email
    Account - Confirmation
    Account - Reset Password
    Bryce
    Carrara
    Crash - Close
    Crash - Loading a Scene
    Crash - Render
    Crash - Startup
    Custom Content
    Customer Inquiry
    dForce
    Driver Issue
    Earlier Version Request
    EULA Licensing
    Feature Request
    Hexagon
    How to Uninstall
    Installation
    Locate Product
    Login - Connect
    Login - DIM
    Login - Website
    Missing Required Product
    Phototshop Bridge
    PostgreSQL
    Product Error - Connect
    Product Error - DIM
    Product Error - Manual
    ReadMe Issue
    Sales Support Issue
    Serial Number
    SPAM or N/A
    Tafi
    Tutorials
    UI Issues in Daz Studio
    User Error
    Web - Product Page 404
    Web - Site Timeout

I'd pick Product Error - DIM, assuming the product in error is Daz Studio itself.

Thanks, guys. I'm as confused as ever. Maybe I'll just close my eyes and point, then use whichever one is under the pointer.
    wink

• L'Adair said:

Thanks, guys. I'm as confused as ever. Maybe I'll just close my eyes and point, then use whichever one is under the pointer.
    wink

Can you submit it without selecting an option from that list?

L'Adair said:

wink

I didn't try, as there is a little red asterisk following the label… I really think they need to add a "Daz Studio - Other" option.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,149
    L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

wink

I didn't try, as there is a little red asterisk following the label… I really think they need to add a "Daz Studio - Other" option.

Submit a help request about the help request form. (I've done that before.)

• alienareaalienarea Posts: 507

My 4.12 crashed a lot (see above), today I uninstalled LAMH Catalyzer and LAMH player and the system is stable now.

Does that make sense?

• alienarea said:

My 4.12 crashed a lot (see above), today I uninstalled LAMH Catalyzer and LAMH player and the system is stable now.

Does that make sense?

Yes. Post in this thread so that the PA can see it.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

I posted over in the Mac FAQ if anyone here is interested about whether DAZ Studio will run in Catalina.

• ThatOmin said:

Usually due to memory.

What are you system specs?

ThatOmin said:

Yes, as in my last reply this is known and just a mislabelling (so not worth asking people to redownload for a fix).

This is what I am currently working with.

txt
    txt
    thatomin-specs.txt
  • jcowb1jcowb1 Posts: 56
    jcowb1 said:

The manual install is 4.12, it's just mislabelled as it installs. However, it is better to be consistent in installation emthod so check you have the appropriate options (Software, OS and bits) set in Download Filters in DIM.

Thanks for reply and info Richard. As far as I can tell all was set up correctly. I re-downladed manually same as before,again this morning, and it did install as 4.12.  I did exactly the same yesterday and it re-installed 4.11. Maybe I'm going senile!!

• RayDAntRayDAnt Posts: 1,120
    L'Adair said:
    L'Adair said:

I'm on that page.

Account - Change Email
    Account - Confirmation
    Account - Reset Password
    Bryce
    Carrara
    Crash - Close
    Crash - Loading a Scene
    Crash - Render
    Crash - Startup
    Custom Content
    Customer Inquiry
    dForce
    Driver Issue
    Earlier Version Request
    EULA Licensing
    Feature Request
    Hexagon
    How to Uninstall
    Installation
    Locate Product
    Login - Connect
    Login - DIM
    Login - Website
    Missing Required Product
    Phototshop Bridge
    PostgreSQL
    Product Error - Connect
    Product Error - DIM
    Product Error - Manual
    ReadMe Issue
    Sales Support Issue
    Serial Number
    SPAM or N/A
    Tafi
    Tutorials
    UI Issues in Daz Studio
    User Error
    Web - Product Page 404
    Web - Site Timeout

Out of that list I'd say "UI Issues in Daz Studio". If scene objects are mysteriously changing between apllication launches that's arguably a user interface issue.

• AdamLAdamL Posts: 0

Hello there!

I recently upgraded to 4.12.0.86 and now it seems that some of my previous saved scenes causes Daz Studio to crash when trying to load them.

The crash dump usually complains about:

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\dzcore.dll" at 0033:00000000C8134456, DzIK::doCreation()+1670 byte(s)

Anybody else that has noticed similar behaviour?

I get the impression that it is my "larger" scenes that cause this behaviour and the scene has usually been loading for some time before the crash happens.
    Before the update of Daz they loaded perfectly fine. Loading my smaller scenes works well without problems. I thought this could be memory issues, but when I look at the crash log the memory does not seem to be under heavy pressure.

Is it worth to create a bug report to Daz about this or could it be something on my part that could be faulty?

dazcrash.png
    532 x 508 - 27K
    systeminfo.png
    532 x 510 - 22K
  • 3DmentiaNull3DmentiaNull Posts: 89
    edited October 2019

Hi, re. 4.12.0.86 Pro, the dzfacetransfer.dll doesn't load and displays this message: 
    Plugin failed to load!
    Filename : 
    C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/dzfacetransfer.dll
    Name : 
    dzfacetransfer
    Author : 
    Unknown
    Version : 
    Reason : 
    Library could not be loaded. File is not a valid DAZ Studio plug-in, or was made for a different version of DAZ Studio.

I've updated genesis 8 female and male started essentials. What did I miss?

I had the same issue, this is the response from tech support and it fixed the problem for me: I spoke to our Developers about this. They said that, currently, the plugin is not downloading Visual Studio 2015 because most users have applications that have already downloaded this. Some Windows updates include this also. If you are having this issue, you will want to download Visual Studio 2015 from Microsoft. (choose the 64 bit version))

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145                                                                                                                                                                                                              Face Transfer IMO is better than Head Shop One Click, even without the added functions,  but it has problems with basic stuff like creating the jaw curvature. However, I managed to make some transfers of millennium charactor heads that are at least a starting point , so it's been fun - haven't tried  real photos yet. But I'm glad I didn't pay for the full version (for instance, there are other ways to save it all). / peace

Post edited by 3DmentiaNull on
  • Anyone know,... if the scripts that worked up to 4.10, then were killed by 4.11, will now work in 4.12 ?

Which scripts?

There were some Soft Body Scripts, they worked all the way up to and including 4.10, but something that was changed in 4.11 killed them (and others). Hoping what ever it was that was changed, has now been fixed.

See here for the discussion : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/334381/breast-movement#latest

I'm not sure if it's relevant, I suspect not, but there was a bug that interfered with the use of polylines in dForce Dynamic AddOns - if that is it, or related, it was fixed in 4.12.0.45.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log_4_12_0_86#4_12_0_45

Will give things a go in 4.12 and report back :)

• blahbla said:

Hi, re. 4.12.0.86 Pro, the dzfacetransfer.dll doesn't load and displays this message: 
    Plugin failed to load!
    Filename : 
    C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4/plugins/dzfacetransfer.dll
    Name : 
    dzfacetransfer
    Author : 
    Unknown
    Version : 
    Reason : 
    Library could not be loaded. File is not a valid DAZ Studio plug-in, or was made for a different version of DAZ Studio.

I've updated genesis 8 female and male started essentials. What did I miss?

I had the same issue, this is the response from tech support and it fixed the problem for me: I spoke to our Developers about this. They said that, currently, the plugin is not downloading Visual Studio 2015 because most users have applications that have already downloaded this. Some Windows updates include this also. If you are having this issue, you will want to download Visual Studio 2015 from Microsoft. (choose the 64 bit version))

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145                                                                                                                                                                                                              Face Transfer IMO is better than Head Shop One Click, even without the added functions,  but it has problems with basic stuff like creating the jaw curvature. However, I managed to make some transfers of millennium charactor heads that are at least a starting point , so it's been fun - haven't tried  real photos yet. But I'm glad I didn't pay for the full version (for instance, there are other ways to save it all). / peace

• Hi, thanks for the information. Unfortunately, I have a much newer version of Visual Studio installed and the 2015 will not install. I'll try and figure out what to do. I could just uninstall the current visual studio and go backwards, but that seems odd. 

• https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Note Visual C++ 2015, 2017 and 2019 all share the same redistributable files.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    edited October 2019
    Padone said:

I am told that the zip should still be In DIM (but not available for manual download)

So there are differences between manual download and DIM distributions. Then is the G8 update for face transfer available for manual download ? Or is it available only with DIM ?

The reason the Scene Bulder product is DIM only is that they are isntalled "like a plug-in", it puts files in the application folder.

Which doesn't help people like me who download manually and then can install with DIM if necessary.
    Of course, I'm assuming that I'm not the only one who does this.
    Still seems like a minor reason not to allow manual downloads - getting beta versions of Studio is a real pain.

Post edited by Petercat on
  • Petercat said:
    Padone said:

I am told that the zip should still be In DIM (but not available for manual download)

So there are differences between manual download and DIM distributions. Then is the G8 update for face transfer available for manual download ? Or is it available only with DIM ?

The reason the Scene Bulder product is DIM only is that they are isntalled "like a plug-in", it puts files in the application folder.

Which doesn't help people like me who download manually and then can install with DIM if necessary.
    Of course, I'm assuming that I'm not the only one who does this.
    Still seems like a minor reason not to allow manual downloads - getting beta versions of Studio is a real pain.

Unfortunately it's very easy for less experienced users to get this wrong, either putting the files in the wrong place to strt with or giving the wrong answer to the UAC prompt, which then leads to annoyed queries about the "buggy" DS to Technical Support.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,811
    edited October 2019

I finally got my 4.11 zip from Zendesk and can confirm the going to CPU second frame is a 4.12 bug

while my identical test scene used in both is heavy and still takes 1.something minutes a frame it stays on GPU as desired

CPU would lock up my PC as it already uses all my RAM as is and I certainly would not be able to type this on Chrome

and an hour later maybe would have 3 frames done!!!

13mins I have 11

I have learnt

Always back up your zips or save installers yes

ideally as I suggested to Zendesk a previous build should always be available for download as every user set up is unique and people can have issuesenlightened

it is common practice for many softwares, bugs happen

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • inquireinquire Posts: 2,097

I finally got my 4.11 zip from Zendesk and can confirm the going to CPU second frame is a 4.12 bug

while my identical test scene used in both is heavy and still takes 1.something minutes a frame it stays on GPU as desired

CPU would lock up my PC as it already uses all my RAM as is and I certainly would not be able to type this on Chrome

and an hour later maybe would have 3 frames done!!!

13mins I have 11

I have learnt

Always back up your zips or save installers yes

ideally as I suggested to Zendesk a previous build should always be available for download as every user set up is unique and people can have issuesenlightened

it is common practice for many softwares, bugs happen

+1

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,811

finally what I was trying to render with HD resolution on figure and clothes

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    edited October 2019

I'm using DS 4.10.0.123 and I still have my installer in case.  I'm really sorry if this has been asked/answered in some form, but I've scanned all the pages and can't put together stuff I can understand. I'm not tecnical at all so it's hard for me to 'get' stuff about how to do things like this upgrade. Isn't like the old days.

I saw the 'how to back up your database' on page 1, but I have files in 2 libraries.  From years ago when things were .exe, they installed in 'My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library'. Even some early zips did as well, before zips were being packed with 'content' as the top folder of 'My Library' instead of ''My Library\content'. In fact I have tons of new files for g3 and g8 that aren't in my 'content' library, they're in the other 'library' folders.

Anyway, I have 2300 support files in the 'My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\Runtime\Support' folder. Along with that, of course all the thousands or 10's of thousands of their library files.. How will backing up the database affect these?  I updated my database today, and the file went to the main content library where I have 12,586 support files Does that mean in order to update my entire user database that I'm going to have to spend at least of week trying to move thousands of files from there over to my actual content library 'My Library\content\Runtime\Support where my UserData_1.dsx is? .

How will this upgrade affect my saved styles and layouts?  My plugins like LAMH, Catalyzer, and the like? Will I have to uninstall and reinstall those?

As you can tell, I'm terrified of losing all the content in that origial directory. Not just because of the older products, but loads of new products that went there.  All my 3rd party products extract just to 'runtime', so I have to manually select my main content folder to get them incorporated.  Will I lose all of those products in the update since they aren't from Daz?

Too much I don't know before I even want to attempt this. Thx.

101819prefs window.JPG
    632 x 389 - 29K
    401819 user data location.JPG
    389 x 212 - 10K
    101819 sql.jpg
    687 x 261 - 33K
    Post edited by sapat on
  • You shouldn't have the Content folder from the zip - that's just a placeholder for the actual content directory, such as My Library - having nested content direcxtories like that has a good chnace of causing issues with the way relative paths are set in the saved files, which will cause errors if they are used on a different system. However, the files with the metadata should work, and the userdata is emant to go to the first content directory so that in itself isn't an issue.