Bulldog human Charecter

I'm sorry guys..but I'm running out of ideas for things and charecters. I tried to give some ideas but it seemed like know one understood me or just was not interested. But I will try again. How about a character that is half human half bulldog. I got this idea from the UGA Mascot.. Hairy Dawg. Maybe you can create a charecter kind of like him.UGA stands for University Of Georgia(by the way).He can be a fantasy cowboy for genesis 8.He can have the teeth,the paws,and the nose as a regular bulldog. Again..I'm sorry that my ideas are not making sense..

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,156
    edited September 2019

I don't think the problem is that your ideas "don't make sense" (except that you never clarified how your desired warthog character was different from just using Boaris), but that posted suggestions need to be viable products, in terms of likely sales vs. the commitment to actually making them. Be honest: how many other people do you really think are interested in a fantasy cowboy who is also a bulldog? Even suggestions that would be viable products don't always get made, because PAs have their own interests and priorities that may not align with your own.

Having said all that...would a Pugman be close enough for your purposes?

Post edited by Gordig on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563

As pointed out, your ideas are making sense, but they are very specific ideas with probably a small amount of users that would even want or use something like this. I know I would never have a use for this type of character. Unless a PA has an interest in these kinds of characters also, the chances of getting one done are very slim.

Going back to Pugman, I'm guessing there wasn't a public outcry for a character like that to exist. I think Oso just wanted to make Pugman, regardless of marketability, so he did. However, if you had asked him to make your desired bulldog character, and he didn't feel inspired, it wouldn't happen.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

Gordig, accurate. :)

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited September 2019
    Oso3D said:

Gordig, accurate. :)

Oh... okay...

*Crestfallen, RKane_1 sighs and walks away... his hopes of several breeds of dog people made the same way.... dashed. He begins wistfully singing "Someone left a cake out in the rain." as he tears up a little.*

Post edited by RKane_1 on

I actually do want to do some other dog breed people.   It’s very tricky to make long muzzled faces but I do want to try, maybe a German Shepherd to start with.

Oso3D said:

I actually do want to do some other dog breed people.   It’s very tricky to make long muzzled faces but I do want to try, maybe a German Shepherd to start with.

You owe us an explanation for why you haven’t made any bear-related products.

edited September 2019

Hahahah, yeah.

Well, I made Oso lechuza!

As for anthros, there are a number of bears and half bears already. But maybe at some point.

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948
    Oso3D said:

+1

gitika1 said:
    Oso3D said:

+1

+2 :)

• And the original poster needs to learn the art of Frankensteiningdevil

I can manage it with animated stuff so for still renders and postwork there is no excuse!

hide body parts join two figure, with a humanoid figure using a tie or scarf hides joins easily.

The Dog8 French Bulldog head and a human body, it has expressions etc and facial bones to do any you cannot find.

And the original poster needs to learn the art of Frankensteiningdevil

I can manage it with animated stuff so for still renders and postwork there is no excuse!

hide body parts join two figure, with a humanoid figure using a tie or scarf hides joins easily.

The Dog8 French Bulldog head and a human body, it has expressions etc and facial bones to do any you cannot find.

This would work for stills which is what most of DAZ artists do, but if they wanted to do an animation or a comic story, then that solution may not work as well. :\

• RKane_1 said:

And the original poster needs to learn the art of Frankensteiningdevil

This would work for stills which is what most of DAZ artists do, but if they wanted to do an animation or a comic story, then that solution may not work as well. :\

Well I kind of said that

The 'composite two figures' method can be fun; it's the basis of 'old style' centaurs. But it's also fun to have a complete single figure.

I did the composite method here:

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114
    edited September 2019

I've seen people say in another thread that they'd use a universal anime-styled head for G8 to go past the limitations of the G8 mesh. Perhaps the same idea can be applied to dog/animal people. That's how the V4 Melody was like. An animal head that can be worn by G8 and the head can have various shaping morphs to get the breed you want.

It would be nice if LLF just updated the V4 Melody head to G8, like how the House Cat got upgraded. I'd buy it like this.

Post edited by MimicMolly on

I kind of wish I had made Pugman both male and female, in retrospect; putting out a G8F Pug character is unlikely to sell worth anything.

But I think she's cute.

Pugwoman.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 372K
  • RobbyBobbyRobbyBobby Posts: 325
    edited September 2019

I made a G3 Goofy character, using a combination of Joe Quick's Mouse and Duck morphs (seriously), along with dog morphs and converting the Genesis Hound Dog morphs using GenX2.  I also did the Beagle Boys using the Hound Dog morphs.

Almost forgot to say that they are also 40% 3D Universe's Toon Generations 2.

GoofingOff.jpg
    1000 x 1294 - 2M
    BeagleBoys.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 146K
    Post edited by RobbyBobby on