A Day in the Year of a Life - Gallery

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

That's really looking good FB!!

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317

That's really looking good FB!!

Thanks Sven, I've been trying to find a technique for comicbook art style using filters.  hopefully getting closer. 

edited November 2017

What's Next

"Where To From Here"

topoftheworld-1stbastion3d-900.jpg
    920 x 392 - 128K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on
    edited October 2017

"We're supposed to go this way"

thiswaydude-1stbastion.jpg
    800 x 494 - 296K
  • I love Top of the World.  That's a nice effect. That last was looks really good. What did you use to get that look?

Hi KM,  I was using the TopazLabs Studio that I mentioned on the previous page,  if I'm remembering it was a preset called smudge gentle.  There's enough different filter presets that I tried more than a few different ones,  then collect them all,  and then see which one sort feels right by elimination. What I've noticed,  the scenes work best if they're well lit,  with good contrasts.  Decent input,  decent output. 

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

FirstBastion... just want to thank you, I decided to try out Topaz Studio when you recomended it, installed it today and already played some with it.. it's Fun :) so big thanks! (and didn't want to post the pics here in your thread, but they are in my gallery, and will be in a couple of other threads :) )

Carola O said:

FirstBastion... just want to thank you, I decided to try out Topaz Studio when you recomended it, installed it today and already played some with it.. it's Fun :) so big thanks! (and didn't want to post the pics here in your thread, but they are in my gallery, and will be in a couple of other threads :) )

I found them fun too Carola!  with a single click we get to watch the art transform into something more. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I like that effect a lot.  The top of the world looks awesome.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    Carola O said:

I found them fun too Carola!  with a single click we get to watch the art transform into something more. 

Aye.. and it's rather addictive. Fun fact is that some of the optionsi n there, has given me ideas for other renders *happy smile*

• Thanks, FB. I do have the Topaz Studio. I got it when it when it first went free as someone posted about it in the Commons, I think. I just haven't had a chance to play with it much. I'll check out that filter, though, as it looks very nice. I really liked that effect.

edited November 2017

Unexpected Allies

unexpectedally4-800-1stbastion.jpg
    845 x 513 - 258K
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Ha, I like her using the stop sign as a shield, thats great.

As well, that is some interesting postwork you did there, great colours !

• Yeah, that stop sign was a cool touch. Great image. :)

edited April 2022

Lost In Thought

Beautiful spot to be lost in, be it thought or otherwise!

edited November 2017

Brushed By The Sun's Ray

sunsray-1stbastion-900.jpg
    900 x 675 - 316K

Brushed By The Sun's Ray

Wow, I really love this one!

edited November 2017

A Brand New Car

redandwhite_brandnew-1stbastion.jpg
    800 x 432 - 177K
  • #87 Candles Light The Darkness

Last year I released this set titled "Candles Light the Darkness"  as a Christmas gift to the community.  For both 3Delight and Iray.   If you're new around here it may be of interest to you and available for download at sharecg.   Everyone have a great and safe Holiday / Christmas season. 

edited December 2017

Experiment City

downtown-400.jpg
    476 x 619 - 54K
    edited December 2017

#109a  

And another

final-jadeattempt.jpg
    800 x 800 - 84K
    edited January 2018

Stranger Danger

missingpiece-800-free.jpg
    800 x 599 - 144K

Secret Weapon's Existence uncovered in Documents

Really love the car and the stranger danger and the effect with the tank is pretty cool!

• That car looks cool. That's an interesting effect in Stranger Danger.  Uncovering secret documents is a good skill to have. You never know when you might need it for those digital mysteries. :)

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

#87 Candles Light The Darkness

Last year I released this set titled "Candles Light the Darkness"  as a Christmas gift to the community.  For both 3Delight and Iray.   If you're new around here it may be of interest to you and available for download at sharecg.   Everyone have a great and safe Holiday / Christmas season. 

Oh, thats good to know and very nice, because I missed that one last year, thanks a lot!

Lovely work with that glass animal, I like how the light gets transported and coloured on the way though

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

My oh my you have been a busy little beaver FB some really outstanding renders so far!!!

• kloolessklooless Posts: 115

Experiment City reminds me of an Art Deco poster.  Love the colors!

edited January 2018

Falcon meets Cliff

1stbastion-cliffeagle-650a.jpg
    650 x 366 - 99K