Creating Wearable presets > Created item not showing in wearable preset save options

I am trying to complete this tutorial with Gen 8, this is my first creation i am a novice :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbhf7cwq9hM

I want to save my shoes as a wearable Preset but they are not showing in the save options window.

Here are the details any advice would be wonderfull even where to look to find the solution, thanks so much :)

This is what my scene looks like : The heel is a child of Gen 8

This is what the tutorial shows : 

This is what i see in the same window : https://gyazo.com/380a83ce16a84315ca36abf285e58782

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,249

Select Genesis 8 Female and then try saving as a Wearable Preset. You will get the heels showing up (along with the eyelashes) on the dialog. A wearable preset is for items attached to a figure. You can then select to keep or remove the individual items as part of the preset. In this case you would deselect the eyelashes (and any other items, like clothing or hair) that you don't want loaded with the heels. The other options (pose, shaping, etc.) are for Genesis 8 Female that you want to modify when loading the shoes.

• meshagencyslmeshagencysl Posts: 9
    edited September 2019

Wow ty so much, yes i had the shoes but selected the character works ... yay a few steps closer to my first item.

I have a few more questions maybe you can answer : Can you confirm that Gen 8 no longer has a heel bone and if it dose can you tell me what it is called becaus ei don't see it.

I am very confused about the JCMs the tutorial is constantly adding and removing them. I think i need to understand how they work and what they are to get it right. 
    Will they be exported with the final item? Is there a difference between the ones on the shoe and on the foot?

I use with 100% tiptoe and -50 toespread even when changing poses, i added in the item but the settings don't stick when the pose changes.
    The way to fix is removing the shoes and adding them again, are useers used to this process, will they understand when the shoe deforms ?

I understand if you don't have time maybe you know some good tutorials or i can start a new post :)

Thanks so much again

WIP

Post edited by meshagencysl on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,249

No, there is no heel bone in Genesis 8. You can see all the bones in a figure from Parameters -> figure in scene -> Display -> Show Bones -> ON. Using the Joint Editor tool, you can select them in the scene and the Scene tab will indicate which bone it is.

I am not expert in JCMs, so I can't really say how to get them all. Is this with ERC freeze and adding new parameters? I believe you have to do each one individually, and when completed (or after each one to save your progress) save as Support Asset ->  Prop/Figure Asset to save the controllers with the figure.

As to poses, they can set only some channels, or set all channels. If someone else made the poses and saved them with all parameters, then it will probably reset any pose you add to the feet. I believe if you lock the parameters on the controller it will be saved with the pose and maintain it even if other poses are applied (I've never actually tried that). If that is how it works, make sure you add an unlock pose to restore normal operation as a courtesy.

I haven't really played around in these areas very much, so I don't have a handy list of relevant tutorials. Someday...

• Hey there thanks for the feedback. I have effectivly added the pose to the shoes so if you add them after setting the pose it works fine but if you change pose with them on it messes it up.

I tried locking the parameters but that didn't change anything so i have added a Rest Pose I probably need to buy some shoe pasck to see what the other sellers have as options.

Thanks so much and have a lovely sunday.