Pretty upset right now *Daz Sale*

So I just purchased a Generation X2 and addons for the 40% off couple of days ago thinking they wouldnt be on sale again for awhile probably.  Haven't even had a chance to use them yet!! Log on today after working the past couple of days to find they are on SALE at $2.50!!!! 

Can I get a refund back on the difference or return and rebuy?

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552

yes, you have 30 days to return anything. For th record this has probably happened to all of us at one time or another

• Daventaki said:

So I just purchased a Generation X2 and addons for the 40% off couple of days ago thinking they wouldnt be on sale again for awhile probably.  Haven't even had a chance to use them yet!! Log on today after working the past couple of days to find they are on SALE at $2.50!!!! 

Yes you can do either. 

You can repurchase them now at the $2.50 sale price and request a refund of the original purchase price.

OR

You can request a refund of the diference in price. To do this put the items in your cart and take a screenshot of it showing the lower sale price. Then request a refund of he difference and include the screenshot in your request.

• ZaiZai Posts: 289

No worries...same thing happened to me. I just opened a ticket.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

I say all those awesome $2.50 sets of medieval building, arab buildings and so on but checking back on the past 30 days of my purchases I couldn't find anything I'd want to return as the sales prices were already good to great. Now if those things I bought in the last 30 days start showing up for $2.50 each then I might reconsider but I doubt that's going to happen.  

• AsariAsari Posts: 703
    edited September 2019
    Well yeah I bought all genx addons at full price because back then I believed I had to convert my old M4 morph and genx was not on sale at all. Then I wasn't happy with the final outcome and rebuilt my morph from scratch and it turned out way better than my old morph ... and since then I've never touched genx again and probably never will. I have other old v4 and m4 morphs but I will probably never convert them and instead, rebuild them from scratch which kinda makes me sad because for the price of all genx addons at full price I could almost buy Edward's pro bundle on sale :(

But yeah I'm not mad. It's ok. It happens. This made me wiser.

Post edited by Asari on
  • GalaxyGalaxy Posts: 562

What are those genx addons I passed these items because I am not sure which kind of items these are. I don't want morph transfer because I already have all the morph and expression for all genesis generation.

• Funny. I came here sad if *missed* the $2.50 item sale. :-P Support folks here are nice and helpful. Hope it goes well!
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

The axiom: there is always another sale is definitely valid.

Everyone decides how long to wait for the discount they desire. It isn't Daz's fault, but ours. :)

• nicstt said:

The axiom: there is always another sale is definitely valid.

Everyone decides how long to wait for the discount they desire. It isn't Daz's fault, but ours. :)

You may like to play the DAZ marketing game, fine! I know I find it off putting and I spend a fraction of what I used to, because of it. I can understand the OP:s frustration!

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    edited September 2019

What, something else also was 2.50? indecision i only saw Cornucopia3D architecture sets + some V3/M3 oldies, but you say genX also was like that?

Guess in my time zone it was deep deep night/morning, then laugh

Post edited by akmerlow on
  • asdf123asdf123 Posts: 167
    Daventaki said:

Yes you can do either. 

You can repurchase them now at the $2.50 sale price and request a refund of the original purchase price.

OR

You can request a refund of the diference in price. To do this put the items in your cart and take a screenshot of it showing the lower sale price. Then request a refund of he difference and include the screenshot in your request.

Had no idea you could request a refund of the difference, that's awesome!

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited September 2019

GenX is a fairly fast way to take an earlier generation and move it to a later one. Yes, definitely worth having. The vendor passed away before making one for this generation. 

Here's one of my posts that has a list of those type products. It's from April 2017 so there's others that aren't on the list.

And here's specifically how to use GenX2.  I did a tutorial. Be sure to read the post after that, it's how to do the materials once you do the morphs.

Galaxy said:

What are those genx addons I passed these items because I am not sure which kind of items these are. I don't want morph transfer because I already have all the morph and expression for all genesis generation.

Post edited by Novica on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited September 2019

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Thank you everyone who posted.  I did proceed to request a refund and went ahead and purchased the set for the $2.50 price.  Usually I might just wait it out but with older products you never know if they are going to remove them at some point.  I was shocked to see both the main program and both addons for that price.

Big shout out to Daz for giving refunds on price changes like that!! Makes me feel good to know that they are willing to work with people.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Yeah, I was tempted by some aniblocks when they were last on sale.  Sooo glad I waited.