Dforce Map/Settings not saving [Sort of solved]

Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,299
edited September 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion

I've just spent some time painting a dForce weight map onto some hair, but none of this is saving - if I reopen the session, then the hair retains only a "static" dForce parameters and the weight map is gone (the hair retains the modifier, but the modifier no longer has any maps).

By pure luck, I realised this before closing the session (I opened a second instance of DS to try it on a different character, and had several fails), but I cannot find any way to get it to successfully save/load, either as a scene, scene subset, wearable or follower asset... so I've now only got the work as a currently open session that isn't properly saving.

I've not had this problem before, and it's *possibly* related to the fact I tried loading some Dforce Hair presets (and got nothing but "File not found", even after redownloading the product, so grumpy message to CS at some point in the future), but I'd really rather not have to spend ages starting over from scratch.

Post edited by Matt_Castle on

Comments

• Sort of solved.

I still have no idea why the original wasn't saving, but I copy-pasted the weight map to a second copy of the hair, and that did save successfully.