Images in DAZ 4.12 much brighter than in DAZ 4.11

Hey,

I just regocnized that images which I render in DAZ 4.12 are much brighter than in 4.11.

Does someelse exerience the same?
Is this a bug?

I've a RTX 2080ti.

Cheers

daz412.png
800 x 565 - 460K
daz411.png
800 x 565 - 578K

Comments

• Are these both the beta? If not then it may be a difference in Render Settings, though those should be saving and loading (if you use File>Open) with the scene by default.

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

Daz 4.11 ist the final release.

Daz 4.12 ist the beta (newest one).

I created the scene in 4.11 and saved it.
    Than I loaded it in 4.12 and rendered it there because of RTX support.

I'll check later the render settings, if 4.12 had changed them.

Settings are the same.

edited September 2019

ok... I figured out what's the issue:

devil GHOSTLIGHTS devil

It looks like that in DAZ 4.12 lights does not loose anymore lumince from opacity... which is bascially a good thing... expect you rerender old scenes in 4.12.

I did an simple test scene.

The scene rendered in 4.11 exactly like in 4.12 until I added the ghost lights.

I attach the renders and the file.
    In this example the bright difference is not so extreme as in the example above, where's some loose of detail, because of the brightness.

daz411.png
    800 x 533 - 320K
    daz412.png
    800 x 533 - 374K
    duf
    duf
    bright test.duf
    Post edited by Hurdy3D on
  • Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,379

Interesting! Good experimenting.

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,481
    edited September 2019

Nevertheless this opens an issue on backward compatibility. That is an important matter for anyone interested in using daz studio for production. Plus as for the DAZ policy there's not the option to install and/or retrieve old releases together with the current release. That makes similar issues even more serious.

Post edited by Padone on
    Padone said:

Nevertheless this opens an issue on backward compatibility. That is an important matter for anyone interested in using daz studio for production. Plus as for the DAZ policy there's not the option to install and/or retrieve old releases together with the current release. That makes similar issues even more serious.

Yes, the broken backwards compability is an issue for me, too. A big issue.

It would be cool if there would be an toggle for the old ghostlight behavoir, but propably the change of the behavoir is in the iRay engine... in these case DAZ can't do anything about it.

If DAZ has this under control, a toggle in the render settings would be very very helpfull.