Victoria 6 help for Victoria 4 morph?

Optimus ShepardOptimus Shepard Posts: 181
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello,
I got all of victoria 6 morphs including V4 Skins Auto Converter for Genesis 2 Female(s) for genesis 2 & Victoria 4 for Victoria 6. I was hoping to add the morphs like from renderosity.com characters (example ES Mica) to the genesis 2. But no such luck at all. Is there a way to make it work?

Comments

• XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Yes, there is a way to make it work.
    The morphs, as well as the textures, have to be in .duf format to work on G2F. Some older products are saved in a different format and that does not work on G2F.
    So, load the morphs and textures on a Genesis 1 figure and save them again. They will be saved as .duf files and will now work on G2F as well.

• Optimus ShepardOptimus Shepard Posts: 181
    edited December 1969

Ok that great. But I'm still in a little trouble with the save to .duf. It won't let me do it somehow. Could please show or explain it how you did you please? I really appreciate your help.

• XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

I am very sorry, but I have not tried it for myself yet. I just repeated what I have read in product descriptions and some forum threads about that topic.

I think that when you are using DAZ Studio 4.6, every file that you save is automatically saved as .duf file, because this is the new Studio standard file format for everything. So I would apply the texture and morph to a Genesis 1 figure, and then - with the figure selected in the Scene Tab, try the different saving options. The texture maybe as a material preset and the morph as a shape preset maybe. I am really not sure about it. Sorry. But maybe someone who has done this already, will read this and give a better answer.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Morphs will not transfer over directly. Dimension3D, who created "Genesis Generation X" to transfer morphs from the 4th Generation figures to Genesis 1, is working on a Genesis 2 version. In the interim, Kattey has a long thread on how to do it manually.

• Optimus ShepardOptimus Shepard Posts: 181
    edited December 1969

Thank you guys so much for help. I'm going to try these suggestions tomorrow for sure. Thanks again.