Cant find my Bryce 7 Pro

edited January 2014 in New Users

After i bought Bryce 7 Pro, was told to goto email and install the installer. So i did then it wanted to install alkinda craps that i dont need. So i let it do whatever it doing and by the time its finish. I still cant find it, so i looked sign on my account (web) and did what i am suppose to do. Anyway does DAZ Studio 4.6 suppose to run in the background? Even use the keyword "Bryce" doesnt even exist!

I looked under product page that mention in Bryce (cannot find Bryce) on how to install it. All i see is download the manual and it mention INSTALL MANAGER READY, but i dont see any other options.

Can someone help? Or do i need to uninstall and try again?
-----------------------
After hit the manual of my OS, finally got it to download, but seem to be a problem. After install, launch Bryce and nothing happen. It can be confuse between manual (doc) or download section.

Still need help here on how to set up Bryce 7 Pro.
-----------------------
After uninstall it, then install outside of Program File (x86) and still didint work (CTD) after it finish installing. So it wouldnt work under default directory anyway. Btw i am running Vista 64bit here.

Post edited by hughen33_bd3a6ead9c on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2014

OK, for a start I find it best not to bother following the email links.

In your product library, found by clicking on the words ''My Account'' at the top left of the page, and then you will find links to download from there.

If you want to use the DIM (DAZ Install Manager) then you will also find a button there to download the installer app. Once you have downloaded and installed that you can then direct it to download and install your Bryce program.

If you would rather install Bryce manually then do take a look at this pdf, which will assist you in doing that.

This document http://www.horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf should help you where and how to install Bryce.

You need to be sure that you have downloaded all the relevant files. You will need either the Mac or the PC version of these 3 files, Install these in the order I show them

Bryce_7.1.0.109_Mac32.zip 276.52 MB
    Bryce_7.1.0.109_Win32.exe 253.76 MB

BryceProContent_7.0.0.19_Mac.zip 22.74 MB
    BryceProContent_7.0.0.19_Win.exe 17.23 MB

BryceContent_7.0.0.21_Mac.zip 675.43 MB
    BryceContent_7.0.0.21_Win.exe 670.03 MB

Remember that you will need only the zip (if you use a Mac) or the .exe (if you use a PC), not both copies of each file

Post edited by Chohole on
  • edited December 1969

Sorry about that, i knew the files were much bigger than 20MB, so i figured that i need Bryce 7 from lowest patch toward Pro. Sorry i am not use to this new DAZ setups. It been along time since i use Bryce 2&4.

Thank again for helping :)

edited December 1969

You will find that the basics are much the same, but the Pro features are really nice. Lots of new lighting features etc.

BTW having installed the basic Bryce content, don't let the installer replace it when you install the Pro content. As you probably know Bryce will want to delete the old and then install the new, and that is not a good idea with content. espacially if you have some of your own as well as the default content.

• edited December 1969

Thanks again chohole :) got it up and running. Now it will take time to get back to learning how to use it heh, its been years since i messed with it. Now i can start learning how to use it for my project.

edited December 1969

Do come and visit us in the Bryce forum, we are really a friendly bunch.

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

When I first read this subject line, I thought I saw Bryce 8 Pro. Imagine my dejection!

What a superb New Year's present THAT would have been. I'd pay for a 64 bit version, even if I had to skip a few meals to make it happen! Easy sale! :-)

• edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Do come and visit us in the Bryce forum, we are really a friendly bunch.

Will do :)