Carrara Challenge Number 6. Movie Poster Phobia! ( Voting)

2»

Comments

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited December 1969

Very nice challenge and very difficult (at least for me) to form a definite opinion.

Anyway, my votes are :

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

This is tough. All the entries are excellent, and had elements to them that made me want to choose them.

I'm voting for (by order of entry):

Great job on the clown. The text also had a lot of humor.

Stu, you're a master for a reason! The maniacal look on the spider sells this one! I also like the different color scheme for it.

Very cool job on this one. Neat idea to use an object to look like a light beam coming out of the door.

Honorable Mention

This one is also really good. It was really tough not to put it in my top three. I went back and forth on this one quite awhile. I love the really creepy look that you've achieved by combining the spider and the man. I think I would have preferred to see a bit more contrast or color in the lighting to make it grab my attention more.

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

Honorable Mention

This one is also really good. It was really tough not to put it in my top three. I went back and forth on this one quite awhile. I love the really creepy look that you've achieved by combining the spider and the man. I think I would have preferred to see a bit more contrast or color in the lighting to make it grab my attention more.

Thank you for your comment, Evil!
    I am not graphic designer and I did not know how to make so that have a look “poster cinema”…
    I normally make only animation…
    But, take part in this challenge makes me even more discover the possibilities of Carrara and it's the most important there!

• FractalDimensiaFractalDimensia Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Once again, a very difficult and challenging decision....

My votes are:
    #2 by PhilW - It captures the essence I'd expect from a movie poster, with a few puns to boot! "Anne Gellic"? Nicely done!
    #4 by EvilProducer - A long-time fan of both Escher and E.A. Poe, this one is very creative.
    #9 by MicioDue - Simple but effectively made. I know someone who has a fear of 13, especially doors...

Honorable Mention:
    #6 by Stu - This spider looks just like something I'd expect from T. Burton. :)

To everyone, well done. Many excellent posters to choose from! Good luck to all!

Thanks Stu for hosting this round.

• stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

Just to remind you,one day to go until voting ends! ( 11pm GMT Fri)

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited December 1969

Great posters, tough choice!
    Here are my favorites :

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

good ones guys

edited December 1969

Ok folks ,Voting over!

edited December 1969

And the winners are.

Crikey! its a tie!

So Joint 1st place goes to Entry Number 2 : Fear of Flying by PhilW AND Entry Number 9: XIII -The Prime by MicioDue
    and in 2nd (or is that 3rd place?) is Entry Number 4 Fall In The House Of Escher by evilproducer.

Honourable mentions were.

Demonic Invasion by Jamy pruvot
    Arachno-delerium by DUDU_0001 ( 2 mentions)
    Wet Dreams May Come by evilproducer
    Fall IN The House Of Escher by evilproducer
    Big Fat Hairy Spider by Your Host !

As for the prizes , I suggest possibly $ 40 coupons for each of the joint first places ( of course this is up to the Great Daz in the Sky!) Plus two items each from Ringo Monforts store. ( though this is for Ringo to decide of course)
    And for third place a $15 Daz coupon and one item from Ringos store. And maybe Ringo can pick one of the Honorable Mentions?

I hope every one finds this satisfactory? ( I have no idea how the prizes are dished out by the way, help appreciated here thank you ?)

So thats that ,thanks again to the sponsors and to everyone who took part! And thank goodness I did not win!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,859
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the joint winners... and 3rd placed EP

some great renders this month..

thanks for being the host stu sutcliffe.. good job ;-)

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Crikey! its a tie!

So Joint 1st place goes to Entry Number 2 : Fear of Flying by PhilW AND Entry Number 9: XIII -The Prime by MicioDue
    and in 2nd (or is that 3rd place?) is Entry Number 4 Fall In The House Of Escher by evilproducer.

Nice work everybody! Congrats to the winners.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,140
    edited December 1969

I'm very honoured, but for several reasons I didn't want to win! I more took part to show my support. I'd be happy to concede 1st place (and the prizes that go with it) to MicioDue if that is an option. Congrats anyway to him and evilproducer.

edited December 1969

Well done Phil, If you have concerns about hosting the next challenge I'm pretty sure it is not compulsory! perhaps MicioDue would like to host it or even evilproducer. Or anyone really, if they have an idea.

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Congrats guys! I liked them all.

• MicioDueMicioDue Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I feel honored to share this aex equo with a proved artist as PhilW is, in a challenge with so many great entries. It has been a real fun (and a thrill!) for me: congratulations to PhilW, to EP and to anyone has worked and judged.
    A big THANKS to stu for hosting and for this very evocative theme. :-)

Thank you Phil, though I think it's fair for us to share place and prize.

I may have some ideas for next challenge but I'm worried of my lack of experience in such a duty...
    Stu, did you mention a challenge hosts support group in WIP thread??? :gulp:

edited December 1969

MicioDue said:
    I feel honored to share this aex equo with a proved artist as PhilW is, in a challenge with so many great entries. It has been a real fun (and a thrill!) for me: congratulations to PhilW, to EP and to anyone has worked and judged.
    A big THANKS to stu for hosting and for this very evocative theme. :-)

Thank you Phil, though I think it's fair for us to share place and prize.

I may have some ideas for next challenge but I'm worried of my lack of experience in such a duty...

That was me!

edited December 1969

Thanks for hosting this one Stu!

Thanks also to DAZ 3D and Ringo for sponsoring this!

Congratulations to all the winners, honorable mentions and everyone else that entered!

edited December 1969

MicioDue said:

That was me!
    Oh, you're right EP, sorry! A great idea, I think.

• JamyJamy Posts: 192
    edited December 1969

Bravo to the winners :)

it was a very pleasent challenge. I hope having enought time for the next one.

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Bravo to the winners :)

it was a very pleasent challenge. I hope having enought time for the next one.

Hear, hear Jamy! I can't wait for the next subject and I hope that I can put some serious effort into a submission this time.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,250
    edited December 1969

Very well done, everybody!

• d-j-od-j-o Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

Congrats winners!

I have a goofy idea for another contest if the winners can't think of anything, pm me if interested,

Dan

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,930
    edited December 1969

well done everyone!
    especially congrats to PhilW and MicioDue and evilproducer.

all brilliant work!
    and a good job you did Stu!
    of course thankyou to Daz and Ringo for their generosity.

• FractalDimensiaFractalDimensia Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to everyone who participated.

I look forward to the next round!

edited December 1969

Just been away for a few days,so only been able to do a quick forum check on my mobile. Back at the BIG telly now!( Just answered a few PMs )
    I am glad people enjoyed the challenge. I am in the process of sorting out the prizes so please be patient you winners!
    Kashwyyyk, hang on to idea for now, though we may need you ! I think miciodue is chomping at the bit to have a go. Watch this space!

edited December 1969

" To whom it may concern"
    Ok , the final list of winners and their prizes has been emailed to DAZ ( Britney) . Keep checking your accounts if you won.I dont really know how long the process takes.

A final thank you to everyone who joined in!

edited December 1969

Stu, thanks again for hosting this great contest, and thanks to the munificent DAZ and Ringo Monfort for their support and their sponsorsip!

kashyyyk, I thank you for your kind offer; luckily I was able to find a theme and, in agreement with PhilW, I will be the next host.

I confirm that theme and rules for next contest are almost ready, I'm waiting for DAZ final answer then Challenge #7 will begin.

Stay tuned!