Improved Iray Uber Shader

Just curious here. I noticed the last two figures, Diego and Babina, have Improved Iray Uber Shader listed.

They certainly look incredible, especially Babina, adding a new level of realism I had not seen until now.

Does anyone know at what point the Improved Iray Uber Shader were introduced?

From what I can tell, it looks like G8 figures started using the new shaders around the time of the Darius 8 release. 

Also, does the EcVh0 product put the improved iray uber shaders on any G8 figures, or is this something else entirely?? Or will it at least improve the older G8 figures?

EcVh0 Iray Skin Shader for Genesis 8 Female(s)

EcVh0 Iray Skin Shader for Genesis 8 Male(s)

Comments

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

I think its been updated a while back but just to be sure, download the Default Resources for DAZ Studio 4.9+ again as it would be in there.

• vonHobovonHobo Posts: 1,638

Thank you Mattymanx. 

I have DAZ Studio 4.11+, and I do own a couple of the figures with the new Uber shaders after I looked closer. 

The images on the product page for Babina 8 are so lifelike. So I have added Babina 8 to my Wishlist.

Seems like the figures are getting better over time, even in the same Genesis 8 lineup. 

P.S. Love your products Mattymanx!

I have your MMX Multi Purpose Pattern Shaders for Iray on my wishlist. Can't wait to purchase it!

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

You're welcome Von Hobo and thank you as well!

• jeejee Posts: 41
    edited September 2019

Hi. Just a quick question. I'm a DAZ newbie. Is the new Iray Uber Shader compatible with Genesis 3 models, more specifically Victoria 7? Is it something you can apply to any model, or is it only possible with Genesis 8?

Post edited by jee on

Hi Jeedvartsen.

I'm kind of a newbie too, so I would pose the question in a separate thread on the forum to get enough people to see it as it's own topic.

The Improved Iray Uber Shader is a feature of the newer Genesis 8 models, so they take advantage of it by default. I'm not really sure if you can apply it to an older figure. 

• jeejee Posts: 41
    von Hobo said:

Hi Jeedvartsen.

I'm kind of a newbie too, so I would pose the question in a separate thread on the forum to get enough people to see it as it's own topic.

The Improved Iray Uber Shader is a feature of the newer Genesis 8 models, so they take advantage of it by default. I'm not really sure if you can apply it to an older figure. 

Hello and thank you. I'll do that.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147

I see the words "Improved Iray Uber Shader" on the product page for "older" Generation 8 models, like Victoria 8 and Olympia 8, too. What specificaly do you see different in the Daz Studio shader surface channels for Diego and Babina that aren't in Victoria or Olympia? 

barbult said:

I see the words "Improved Iray Uber Shader" on the product page for "older" Generation 8 models, like Victoria 8 and Olympia 8, too. What specificaly do you see different in the Daz Studio shader surface channels for Diego and Babina that aren't in Victoria or Olympia? 

Don't see anything different, was just asking when it was introduced. I see it as far back as Darius 8. If you see it further back that's great.

Is there anything newer about Babina 8 that makes her look so much more lifelike from the product images than the older gens, or is it just a trick of lighting etc.?

That's what I was trying to figure out.