Can't send to Hexagon without one program crashing

Hello,

Quick question/concern.

I'm working on learning a workflow between DS and Hexagon, and have hit a bit of a wall.

I'm unable to send anything to Hexagon. Either DS freezes/crashes immediately after opening Hexagon, or Hexagon either freezes, or crashes to desktop with no message.

I've tried using the least demanding object I can think of and it makes no difference. Every time, either DS or Hexagon freezes and/or crashes.

Ironically, I can send the same model to Bryce without issue. It loads right up.

I'm trying to get a character into Hexagon so I have a scale reference to work with. I guess I could export the character from DS and import it to Hexagon, but then what's the point of having a bridge connecting them?

Any fix or ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks

Comments

• WsCGWsCG Posts: 391
    edited February 2020

disregard

Post edited by WsCG on
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

It is easy to assume it is the program that is at fault when you see so many posts by others with various problems in the forums but I suspect they represent a very small percentage of the user base.  What I am trying to say in a polite way is have you considered the problem may be with your computer.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited September 2019

What OS? What are the system specs? What security software? Which versions of the applications?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Steel RatSteel Rat Posts: 373

This has been happening to me now.

Running DS4.15 and Hexagon 2.5.2.109 Trying to send G8.1F at base resolution with one geograft to Hexagon, the figure get sent, but DS crashes, which means it can't be sent back once morphs have been done.

Windows 10, all up to date. Do you really need system specs?? I can render scenes with 4 G8 characters with no issues. That's a strong system. No special security software. DS is generating a crash...

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited June 2023

Steel Rat said:

This has been happening to me now.

Running DS4.15 and Hexagon 2.5.2.109 Trying to send G8.1F at base resolution with one geograft to Hexagon, the figure get sent, but DS crashes, which means it can't be sent back once morphs have been done.

Windows 10, all up to date. Do you really need system specs?? I can render scenes with 4 G8 characters with no issues. That's a strong system. No special security software. DS is generating a crash...

if you have any parented items on geografts, esp like props that add effects to the geograft, those props MUST be deleted first, before sending to Hex. Is a time-pain, but it works.  Those props are geoshells and are just dup meshes with offsets.  Its most likley an unhandled exception for the bridge causing DS to shut off immediately.

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on

Saxa -- SD said:

if you have any parented items on geografts, esp like props that add effects to the geograft, those props MUST be deleted first, before sending to Hex. Is a time-pain, but it works.  Those props are geoshells and are just dup meshes with offsets.  Its most likley an unhandled exception for the bridge causing DS to shut off immediately.

I didn't think about that. The graft in question automatically loads two geoshells. I'll try without. Thanks!

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871

2 geoshells? That will 100% be it.

Saxa -- SD said:

2 geoshells? That will 100% be it.

That was definitely it. Thank you very much!