Genesis 8 Female Base is altered

DaveTheVoiceDaveTheVoice Posts: 23

I was creating some renders in DS 4.9 with the Genisis 8 Female.  I had no problems.  Made several different Characters with different skins and such.  Saved them and now all are altered.  So I tried to load the Genisis 8 Basic Female and this is what loads. 

Is there a bug or a problem anyone knows about?  Attached is what I get...

Mod Edit :-  Image removed due to nudity

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,121
    edited September 2019

Looks like you downloaded EmotionalDreams' Bunny. Uninstalling her should fix the problem. Also, your image is going to get deleted for nudity.

Post edited by Gordig on
  • DaveTheVoiceDaveTheVoice Posts: 23
    edited September 2019

Sorry about the picture.  My mistake.  It is the base and "thought" it was okay.  I'll delete the Bunny.  Thank you for the fast reply!

I use the DIM to uninstall it correct?

Update:  Not in the DIM (I guess I didn't use it) so all I could do was delete from the hard drive... See what happens next.

Nope still deformed...

Post edited by DaveTheVoice on
  • Sorry about the picture.  My mistake.  It is the base and "thought" it was okay.  I'll delete the Bunny.  Thank you for the fast reply!

I use the DIM to uninstall it correct?

Update:  Not in the DIM (I guess I didn't use it) so all I could do was delete from the hard drive... See what happens next.

Nope still deformed...

Perhaps it would be a good idea to re-upload a non-nude picture of the altered character... Some other well known candidates for causing alterations/deformations of the G8F head are "Demona" and "Erevan Airy". Or perhaps this: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/212596/g8f-base-character-and-at-least-some-others-distorted ; You certainly will have good chances to detect the morph causing your problem if you search with Google in this forum (site:www.daz3d.com) for G8F/Genesis 8 female and distortion/distorted/altered/deformed... 

• Gordig said:

Looks like you downloaded EmotionalDreams' Bunny. Uninstalling her should fix the problem. Also, your image is going to get deleted for nudity.

How do I uninstall that figure?  I have deleted it from the CPU and it still distorts my G8Fs...

Deformed G8F.PNG
    396 x 416 - 153K
  • PadonePadone Posts: 3,476

My personal advice is to avoid keeping all your assets in a massive database. I use one content folder for each project where I only install the assets needed for that project. Then when I switch the project I switch the content folder. This works fine, avoids conflicts and it is also faster to load and ssd friendly. Plus you have much better chances to find an offending asset is something is odd.

The DAZ intended design of keeping all the assets in a single huge database is simply naive and very error prone.

• mgessat_f159911d19mgessat_f159911d19 Posts: 81
    edited September 2019
    Gordig said:

How do I uninstall that figure?  I have deleted it from the CPU and it still distorts my G8Fs...

I do not exactly understand what you mean by "have deleted it from the CPU" - but at least I am rather sure that Gordig is right with the diagnosis that "Emotional Dreams Bunny" is causing your problem. I googled to find this characters's source, found it as free character on Renderhub, downloaded it - and indeed the artist made that annoying mistake to set the value for the morph at "1" which means "always active". If you want to delete the morph you have to navigate in your content folder to  "/data/DAZ3D/Genesis8/Female/Morphs/EmotionalDreams/Bunny/Bunny.dsf",  

But I have an even better solution for you and add a corrected version of "Bunny.dsf" in which I have set the value to "0". Just replace the original file with the corrected one, and after the next start of Daz Studio your G8 should be ok again.

@Padone: That's an interesting idea, but I think only for larger projects and for people which are very planful (and perhaps using the "Connect" cloud database...) Of course you are right there is a better chance to find an offending asset in a smaller database, but fortunately the search in a really huge single database is possible, with an iteration strategy: Go to the /data/DAZ3D/Genesis8/Female/Morphs folder and move the second half of the folders within to a temp folder. Restart DazStudio - if the offending morph is gone, it was in a folder of that second half. Now copy the first half of the moved folders back to the /morphs folder. Restart Daz, if the offending morph is back, it was in one of those moved back folders. Move the second half of moved back folders to the temp folder again, restart Daz ... and so on. Of course you can speed up the iteration method drastically if you have an idea since when the evil morph appeared; then you would move away the folders with a newer timestamp in the first step.

But the best solution would be if there were a reliable indication in Daz Studio which morphs are actually active - the "currently used" panel shows only morphs with a value different to their default value.          

zip
    zip
    Bunny.zip
    781B
    Post edited by mgessat_f159911d19 on
  • I am also having a problem like this. When load the default Genesi8 Character, (or any Gen8 Character for that matter.) it looks like that photo. I can zero the default Gen8 and then apply the Character I want as a work around, but as I am working it somes times goes back to looking like that sort of asian charater I looked for "emotiondreams bunny" I don't think I have that one. And the effect is only happening with the Gen8 Female. If morphs are being automaticaly applied to the default gen8 how do I control or change those settings?

G8mor1.PNG
    1128 x 670 - 468K
    V8Mor2.PNG
    1148 x 695 - 479K
  • Select the figure and look in the Parameters pane under Currently Used

• Select the figure and look in the Parameters pane under Currently Used

I looked in the Parameters pane, I did not see Currently Used, However I did find "emotionaldreams bunny" and dialed it down.

• Currently Used is near the top of th group list on the left of the pane.

• bertprimusbertprimus Posts: 5
    edited October 2019

Currently Used is near the top of th group list on the left of the pane.

Thanks, I found that on a secound look, I still think there has to be away to fix this, with out removing "emotionaldreams bunny"   

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Currently Used is near the top of th group list on the left of the pane.

Thanks, I found that on a secound look, I still think there has to be away to fix this, with out removing "emotionaldreams bunny"   

Well, you should ask the author to fix it. But you can edit it to chnage the default to 0, or you could save a character presets with the shape zeroed and use that to load the figure in future.

edited June 2020

Well it is happening again.  Now my G8F is deformed again.

Now because of this I can't use any of my G8F Items because she looks well crappy.

G8F Progress 01.png
    1614 x 1125 - 1M
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,420

Easiest way to handle these;

1. Load your base figure or the developer version.

2. Zero the figure

3. Memorize the figure

4. File->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets

• PerttiA said:

Easiest way to handle these;

1. Load your base figure or the developer version.

2. Zero the figure

3. Memorize the figure

4. File->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets

I did that and there's nothing to adjust. Fingernails are 12 inches long breasts are flattened and muscles are well ug.

G8F Composite Look b.png
    1665 x 1117 - 2M
    edited June 2020

Select "Show hidden properties" and check again

Edit; As your lashes are still at 100% by default, you haven't Zeroed and Memorized your figure.

"Zero" and "Memorize" can be found by right-clicking the Parameters-Tab

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

I've had this happen to me before as well... and the bunnygirl was the culprit.

You might try opening up the bunny girls zip file, and then search through your My Daz install folder to track down all the instances listed in the zip file and delete.

edited June 2020
    PerttiA said:

Select "Show hidden properties" and check again

Edit; As your lashes are still at 100% by default, you haven't Zeroed and Memorized your figure.

"Zero" and "Memorize" can be found by right-clicking the Parameters-Tab

Well try # 2.

It's working!

Thanks!

• PJWhoopie said:

I've had this happen to me before as well... and the bunnygirl was the culprit.

You might try opening up the bunny girls zip file, and then search through your My Daz install folder to track down all the instances listed in the zip file and delete.

Bunny is Long gone.  This happened AFTER I was able to get back to normal.

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

Well... 
    Not sure if you load your content via DIM... if so, open DIM and go to your installed products (sort by added recently)  and start unistalling Characters/Morphs until you find the culprit.

You said your checked your parameter pane for the currently used assets under your G8 Shapes tabs?  It should list everything that is influencing your G8 Base

PJWhoopie said:

Well... 
    Not sure if you load your content via DIM... if so, open DIM and go to your installed products (sort by added recently)  and start unistalling Characters/Morphs until you find the culprit.

You said your checked your parameter pane for the currently used assets under your G8 Shapes tabs?  It should list everything that is influencing your G8 Base

The "Currently used assets" doesn't necessarily show those that have non-zero default value = Maybe due to default value not being registered as "used".

When the figure is zeroed, these ill-behaving morphs will show in "Currently used" with zero value (white, non default value)

• Cocoa BerryCocoa Berry Posts: 3
    edited September 2020

Hello Everyone,

I don't usually comment here but I do read the threads in small hope of increasing my knowledge of Daz (everything spoken here is usually over my head). This was a big saver for me!!  It was my fault....the "read me" said it would change the shape of Gen F 8's base shape, but...I did not think it would change Gen F8's BASE shape (duh)! Thank you all for your wisdom and I especially thank PerttiA for the simple 4 step method...since I am not savy with computers or read me's obviously!

Post edited by Cocoa Berry on
  • New issue, same problem.

After it worked now it is happening again, but this time with no "Bunny"

G8F Deformed Again 01.png
    3090 x 3090 - 5M
  • rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

I remember having this kind of issue with Felldude's morphs... As far as I remember I deleted all Felldude folders from my data folders.

• Well, I don't have any of his stuff, but I will scan again...

• Also check for the free Ericka morph from DreamEscape if you have it. That one caused the same distortion issues.

Common problem, especially when one is using freeware assets from where ever.

Reinstallation of the Operating system and or Daz Studio does not help, because the problem is not with them. Reinstallation of the starter essentials usually doesn't help as the problem is not with those assets and no, the G8 base is not really altered.

What is the problem, is that some creator has saved their morphs when the morph (for example OneFootNose) was active, which means that anytime the user loads any G8F based figure, every one of them will have the OneFootNose activated, same when opening a previously saved scene with G8F based characters, they will all have OneFootNose.

If one tries to look at "Currently Used", the OneFootNose can't be found on the list because the list only shows dials that have their current value set at something other than default - The default value for OneFootNose is 100%, so at dial value 100%, it is not 'used'  in a sense that "Currently Used" looks at it.

One Can load the Genesis 8 Basic Female into an empty scene, and then "Zero the Figure" and check the "Currently Used" list, now the dial for OneFootNose should show up with a white zero value (white color is a sign of the value being something else than default)