Installing Victoria 5 and Michael 5 in Poser 9

edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I have successfully installed Victoria and Michael 5 on my computer after purchasing them from the DAZ website
Unfortunately they don't show up in my Poser 9 figures Library

A big thank you for anyone who can clearly explain (for dummies) how I get these two figures into my Poser 9 figures library. Why does DAZ not give you clear explanations about this when you buy these products

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited December 2013

Where did you install them? the DSON Importer goes in the Poser program directory, but the contnet can't go there because that folder is by default not part of the Library, nor should it be under Windows Vista or higher. Also make sure you have installed the Genesis Starter Essentials and the Poser Content files for it anf Vicky and Mike. Most content has crappy documentation, but the DSON installation info is here...

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_installation_requirements/tutorials/dson_installation/start

Post edited by WandW on
  • PookPook Posts: 121
    edited January 2014

It took me two or three attempts to do it and in the end I gave in trying to install them manually and went with the Daz Install Manager. The process I went through to get it working is as follows: (Feel free to adjust depending on how you set up your runtime libraries!)

1) Create a new runtime for Genesis
    2) In Daz Install Manager, click on Settings then Installation
    3) Select "Install to Selected Path"
    4) Click on the "+" sign and browse to my Genesis runtime folder
    5) Give it an appropriate name - in my case "Genesis" - everything else gets installed manually.
    6) Select "Genesis" as "Current:"
    7) Click "Accept"
    8) Click on "Ready to Download"
    9) Tick "Install after downloaded"
    10) Find and tick the content you want in the list
    11) Click "Start Queue".

The important parts to be aware of - you need to make sure you select the Genesis Starter Essentials, and I'd also grab the Genesis 2 Essentials from the store as well. Once you've done that and you're going through the rest of the files you want to install, MAKE SURE YOU TICK EVERYTHING WITH "CF" AFTER THE NAME FOR VICTORIA, MICHEAL AND THE GENESIS ESSENTIALS. If you don't do this, they won't show up at all.

Once it's done with all the installs (you might want to check the queue once or twice) go back into Poser and add the new Genesis runtime to your library. Everything should then work :)

Post edited by Pook on
  • edited December 1969

"make sure you have installed the Genesis Starter Essentials and the Poser Content files"

I have spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to make this work.

Thank you, WandW and dj.pooka. I was finally able to import V5 and M5.

Time to have fun.