DSON for Genesis in Poser? Your experience?

FetitoFetito Posts: 481
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I also own Poser 2014 Pro, but never used Genesis in Poser, because I ended "falling in love" with DS 4.6.

I am curious. What about your experience with Genesis 1 and Genesis 2 in Poser?

Comments

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

I love it myself. I use Genesis 1 or 2 or both in most of my renders now, not that I've abandoned Generation 4. I think that knowing DS 4.6 and being able to use it in your workflow really helps with using Genesis in Poser. I'm not a DS user per se, but I have become familiar enough with it to convert content for use with the Genesis line in Poser, including things that didn't include duf files. All conversions haven't been perfect because of the textures, but I haven't had any problems with the items themselves.

• edited December 1969

No problems using Genesis 2 Male inside 64-bit Poser Pro 2014 (all updates applied) on an up-to-date 64-bit Windows 8 system. See the Michael 6 render thread at DAZ3D for my renders done withh PP2014.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

I often have crowded scenes with lots of fully dressed figures, and I just find genesis too slow to be useful in poser.
    I like poser better for lots of reasons, but especially the toon pluggin i use by semidieu at rdna and also for dynamic clothes.
    Love esther

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

esther said:
    I often have crowded scenes with lots of fully dressed figures, and I just find genesis too slow to be useful in poser.
    I like poser better for lots of reasons, but especially the toon pluggin i use by semidieu at rdna and also for dynamic clothes.
    Love esther

Have you used the latest version of the importer? I loaded Genesis 2 in Poser several days ago and it is much faster than it was months ago.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

no, I have not tried. I will take it for a spin. thanks.