Problem with daz Studio 4.11 update (mac)

edited December 2019 in New Users

hello everyone guys. can someone help me ? I made the daz update via DIM but then I tried to render in iray and it suggests that it is not possible( my pc is mac os x yosemite)

20190822_120808.jpg
4032 x 3024 - 3M
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,014

Do you have an nvidia card or do you usually render using the CPU? If you have an nvidia card try updating the drivers.

• edited August 2019
    Leana said:

Do you have an nvidia card or do you usually render using the CPU? If you have an nvidia card try updaing the drivers.

I think this is'nt a nvidia card...right? 

20190823_095042.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Peter_DAPeter_DA Posts: 47
    edited August 2019

Did you render before in IRAY on your IMac?

Post edited by Peter_DA on
  • Peter_DA said:

Did you render before in IRAY on your IMac?

• Peter_DAPeter_DA Posts: 47

Did you check the boxes "Photoreal Devices" - CPU and "Interctive Devices" - CPU in the advanced render settings? (Shift + CMD + R - Advanced) ? 

Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-31 um 15.20.04.png
    850 x 1216 - 73K
  • Yes i did...i see no solution, all this is strange
  • Is there an entry in your logfile about the error? 

• In another thread I have seen, that soemone had the same problem. He solved it by deleting DAZ Studio and reinstalling it. 

• I have the same issue. On a mac pro 2013 model, running Yosemite. I was able to render in iray until a DAZ tech asked me to upgrade from daz 4.10 to the new 4.12 beta to solve a different issue (problem with Keymate). After the install no more iray with the same error  message. I tried deleting / uninstalling the program and reinstalling. Did not work. 

Also, where I select my photoreal devices, none are shown. The 2013 mac pro comes with a AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB graphics card. It can not be replaced as far as I know.

Now I'm trying completely deleting the folders with my DIM and DAZ software and reinstalling from complete scratch.

• Strangest part is no photoreal devices showing at all. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-05 at 11.22.24 AM.png
    534 x 806 - 59K