Windows updates making DAZ Sluggish

It seems that every time Windows makes updates my DAZ gets more and more sluggish and unresponsive!
I started off with up to 5 Characthers in one scene and now i am struggling with 2. And G8 figures are
really hard in a Scene with lots of unresponsive time between Iray preview and Rendering!

Any Advise - I hate these updates it just fills upp your computer with crap!

Thinking of resetting the whole computer to Zero and some how disabling Updates!

Comments

• I'm assuming you have an Nvidia card?

Check your graphics card driver. I've noticed that Windows updates likes to replace the Nvidia driver with it's own default driver.

I've more than once had to go the Nvidia site and re-download the Nvidia driver for my card.

There is a way to diable automatic updates of device drivers, (you can also use jiggery pokery to diable Windows automatic updates).you can Google it, but I believe it involves going into device manager and right clicking on your graphics card.

I've got the instructions saved somewhere, I'll look for it and post if I find it from my home PC.

• My 3D SpinMy 3D Spin Posts: 600

I have Navida geforce GTX - How do i check what Driver it uses?

• Right-click on the desktop and select nVidia Control panel, that should show the current driver version.

I just tells me: Driver Version 384.76

• That's a really old version - certainly too old for Iray in the current builds of DS.

That's a really old version - certainly too old for Iray in the current builds of DS.

So i should Download a newer driver from nVidia? And it will work with my card?

Actually DAZ became harder to work with also when i updated to 4.11 from 4.10
                     so maybe this is the reason.

Is Version 3.10.0.95 OK?

• Yes, update your drivers and see if that helps. Your current version would not have supported Iray GPU in 4.11 either (that requires 418.63 as I recall).

Yes, update your drivers and see if that helps. Your current version would not have supported Iray GPU in 4.11 either (that requires 418.63 as I recall).

Is Yes to Version 3.10.0.95 or do i have to go higher?
                         I clicked the NVIDIA GE Force Experience and it started the udate to  3.10.0.95!

• I'm not sure how to translate that into the standard version numbers that appear in the nVidia Control panel (xxx.xx)

I clicked it again and now its 3.19.0.107 

• Is this from the nVidia Control Panel?

edited August 2019

Is this from the nVidia Control Panel?

But i saw now in Nvidia control panel that nothing had changed and
                     the Version is the same.

So maybe time to download the latest Version!

Post edited by My 3D Spin on

I have the Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M

Is this the right Driver i should get and the correct settings? See image

Nvidia.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 214K

I Updated to Version 436,15 But there is no difference and also even more sluggish now.
    What could be wrong?

Is there anyway of Reinstalling DAZ without erasing the Folders with all the content i own?

Or even go back to 4.10 Because it seems that with 4.11 Everything is more sluggish and
    DAZ gets unresponsive with everything i do!

• Do you have Display Optimisation set to Best in the Interface tab of Edit>Preferences.

Do you have Display Optimisation set to Best in the Interface tab of Edit>Preferences.

Yes it is set to best!