Help! Is there a quick way to remove everything Daz?

Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
edited December 2013 in The Commons

]Hello DAZ gurus - I know you are out there..... HELP!

When I installed my Daz stuff I opted to install uninstallers. I want to start fresh with everything. Looking at the list of uninstallers is spooky.

There has t be an easier way to uninstall all my daz stuff? I briefly gave some thought to remaking my entire computer. but I hope not to have to do it.

Can someone tell me how to wipe everything daz away?

Pretty please.....?

Thanks!

Post edited by Wiccan1 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,337
    edited December 1969

Are you wanting to be able to open your existing saved scenes? Assuming you are, are any of them in .daz format?

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Drag and drop to the recycle bin will work for both content and programs.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

That's a very bad way to uninstall a program because it puts thing in your registry, and having those things there without the program can sometimes cause problems.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Wiccan-
    Before you screw anything up, use an external hard drive and copy your files there!
    I saved all my 4.5 version files (Program Files, etc) when I went to version 4.6, and if you're trying to eliminate things, DO make a copy of whatever your fiddlin' with just in case your fiddles flop. (I'm in the mood for alliteration today.) Then you won't have a forever fiddle flop.
    (Okay, I'll stop with the fiddle flop.)

Seriously- if you're not sure what you're doing (which is often my case) then back it up before you do it.

• Wiccan1Wiccan1 Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the advise.

Blessings to you all ☺

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

That's a very bad way to uninstall a program because it puts thing in your registry, and having those things there without the program can sometimes cause problems.

CCleaner is free and removes any invalid registry entries. Don't know the equivalent for mac.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited January 2014

Zev0 said:
    Mattymanx said:

CCleaner is free and removes any invalid registry entries. Don't know the equivalent for mac.

Doesn't do anything for files that may get installed into the Windows system folders though. Using the proper uninstaller + ccleaner is better when it comes to programs.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited January 2014

Well either way I have deleted my Daz content folders without uninstalling many times and have had no issues:) Also this is why my content folders are never installed in windows and always on the root structure. So I can delete at will with no effect on windows.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited January 2014

Zev0 said:
    Well either way I have deleted my Daz content folders without uninstalling many times and have had no issues:)

The content is one thing, the app itself is another. :P
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited January 2014

True, however I think the focus was more on the removal of content instead of the app. For app removal then yes I agree, un-install:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited December 1969

Zev0 said:
    True, however I think the focus was more on the removal of content instead of the app. For app removal then yes I agree, un-install:)

Yea, probably. lol

I think I'm just more used to seeing the threads about wiping all daz stuff, including the app, so I just assumed. =/

edited January 2014

Lol, no worries:) The original post had a kinda double meaning, wasn't sure myself if it was app or just content:)

Post edited by Zev0 on