Missing files: genesis8female.dsf

wscottartwscottart Posts: 431
edited August 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion

Not exactly sure when this started happening, but today when I load Genesis 8 female I am getting a missing file dialogue .She still loads though. Genesis 8 male loads without the dialogue. I reinstalled from within Daz studio, and am still getting the error.

Capture.JPG
505 x 130 - 16K
Post edited by wscottart on

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling your Genesis 8 Starter Essentials?

• cm152335cm152335 Posts: 421

I think he try to load a character who is based on genesis 8 
    and genesis 8 starter kit is not installed

solution:
    check DIM if  Genesis 8 starter essential is on list and install it 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,059
    cm152335 said:

I think he try to load a character who is based on genesis 8 
    and genesis 8 starter kit is not installed

solution:
    check DIM if  Genesis 8 starter essential is on list and install it 

The character wouldn’t load at all (or rather would load as big grey cubes) if it wasn’t installed, but OP said the character loads anyway.

The path in the error message doesn’t look right to me, it lists “/studio/my library/people/....” while usually the “people” folder is at the top of the folder hierarchy in DS content directory...

Can you show us how your content directories are setup?

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851

The pathways in your images show the exact same buggered pathways from a set of freebies I recently looked at over at Renderosity.

If it is the same stuff then do yourself a favour and just delete them from your content directory.

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 431
    edited August 2019

All fixed up,

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 431
    edited August 2019
    Bejaymac said:

The pathways in your images show the exact same buggered pathways from a set of freebies I recently looked at over at Renderosity.

If it is the same stuff then do yourself a favour and just delete them from your content directory.

That is exactly what it was Bejaymac. Had to move some of their data files around to the correct placements. This is why I place all non-daz files into isolated directories, but its funny how it can mess up files exsisting outside of that particular directory.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851

If this is any of the freebie morphs by FellDude then take a big hint and delete them from your content directory, every one of them is badly done.

Either the mesh he is working from has moved, been mirrored or some such, as even dialing up one of the eye morphs causes the entire mesh to move, and that's bad news, to make things worse I think he is using a PoS 3rd party script/plugin on his modeler to create the DSF files.

• I solved this problem by deleting the package.
    Natural Breast Morphs for G8F by felldude
    H: \ Daz Content 3 \ Studio \ My Library \ data \ DAZ 3D \ Genesis 8 \ Female \ Morphs \ Felldude.
    There are many better packages than this crap.