Troubles with D Force

RS-SRS-S Posts: 72
edited August 2019 in The Commons

Hey All

Me again., looking for some insights:

Any idea why this (see image) keeps happening everytime I use dforce anything?

The explosion is a basic plane 1foot by 2 feet with dforce added: you know, tutorial simple. What you see happens with ALL dforce objects, but I thought surely not with just a simple flat plane. I was mistaken. And, although it is an interesting object, what I wanted was a little towel dropped in someone's lap.

Any insights will be greatly appreciated

Thanks Muchly

Randall

why.png
1500 x 1875 - 3M
Post edited by RS-S on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,647

An item explodes when it can't distribute the energy (forces), and usually if vertexes gets trapped inside other mesh.

Why that happens for your simple plane, is hard to say.

My recommendation is always use a timeline. And then let the place start above so it it completely free and drops down on the target.

Then if it still explodes, it migth show where the problem occurs.

And if no luck then try to post your start scene.

• Dim ReaperDim Reaper Posts: 687

If anything is intersecting the plane then you will get effects like this.  I can just make out a figure in your scene - are you trying to drape the flat plane over them, or use it like a poncho?  As Felis said above, try moving the plane so it is above overything else before you start the simulation and see what effect you get.

• RS-SRS-S Posts: 72
    felis said:

An item explodes when it can't distribute the energy (forces), and usually if vertexes gets trapped inside other mesh.

Why that happens for your simple plane, is hard to say.

My recommendation is always use a timeline. And then let the place start above so it it completely free and drops down on the target.

Then if it still explodes, it migth show where the problem occurs.

And if no luck then try to post your start scene.

If anything is intersecting the plane then you will get effects like this.  I can just make out a figure in your scene - are you trying to drape the flat plane over them, or use it like a poncho?  As Felis said above, try moving the plane so it is above overything else before you start the simulation and see what effect you get.

Thank you both. The plane is above the figure, supposed to drop and lay across the lap. Before I started using Beta Piblic Build this was something I could do without any trouble at all. Could be a Public Build issue, don't know, although it coinsides with my installing it. As I said, this happens to ALL dforce objects, (those I bought here at Daz meant to drape and move), but I haven't as of yet tried using a timeline when simulating as I never did that previously, so I will definetly try it out.

Again, many thanks!