Morph Loader Pro - Geometry Errors after Draping in Marvelous Designer

lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,234
edited August 2019 in Daz Studio Discussion

Maybe this question is more suited for Marvelous Designer forum. 

Does anyone know how to get consistent geometry out of Marvelous Designer?

Often my draping morphs from MD fail to load in Daz's Morph Loader Pro due to Incorrect Geometry error. I do not change my patterns when draping in MD, but i do change particle distance. (If I do change particle distance, ialways change it back before exporting).

Is there maybe some way, for a given pattern, to just remesh it so it always comes out the same geometry regardless of how much draping i did?

Post edited by lilweep on

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

If you are loading in Morph Loader Pro (MLP) then you are working on an existing piece?

1) You should be exporting the piece to drape at Base geometry if it isn't.

2) There should be nothing done that adds or removes geometry. Changing particle distance would change the geometry as it acts as subdivision.

3) Use MLP to import and make sure you have Reverse Deformation on.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,234
    edited August 2019

If you are loading in Morph Loader Pro (MLP) then you are working on an existing piece?

1) You should be exporting the piece to drape at Base geometry if it isn't.

2) There should be nothing done that adds or removes geometry. Changing particle distance would change the geometry as it acts as subdivision.

3) Use MLP to import and make sure you have Reverse Deformation on.

Hello. Yes i work on existing pieces - I make the clothes in MD and then import to Daz.  But sometimes I exoport Daz wardrobe items to MD to create morphs.

To do different morphs on MD clothing, I drape the original MD pattern in MD and export it as obj to act as new clothing morph.  Usually i would just export the new draped MD clothing as a new clothing item, rather than morph. However, I have some SBH items that rely on geometry being consistent so prefer to morph existing MD clothing via morph loader rather than make new SBH item for each pose.

I guess the most likely reason for non-consistent geometry is that I sometimes adjust particle distance in MD.  But i swear even during cases when i dont change particle distance then I also have issues with geometry.

Post edited by lilweep on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

And if it's a morph, use reverse deformation.

• dijituldijitul Posts: 146

You may wish to try using the alternate poly mesh in MD.  There is an option for the 2D patterns which allows you to change the mesh to quads rather than triangles.  This may give more consistent results when simulating and exporting (but it slower to simulate).  It may work better with the Morph Loader.  As was mentioned previously, editing the cloth (either by changing the particle distance or adding features, even internal lines) can prevent the morph loader from succeeding.  The geometry of the mesh must match for morphs to work.  

As an added benefit, I believe DAZ also smooths better with quads than with triangles when using thin meshes.  Still doesn't get along with unwelded thick meshes.