Building Environments, Interiors, and Exteriors From Scratch (I'm New)

Hello there, so I'm pretty new to everything 3D. I've played around with some stuff in the past but never taken it seriously. Now I want to get serious about it.

Basically what I want to do is Create, Dress, Pose, and possibly eventually Animate, Characters in Daz Studio and Render Images to be used to tell -a- story(s) using Ren'py. However I do not want to exclusively use other artists downloaded and or bought models, interiors, environments etc, to do this. I would like to learn to create and use my own unique models and such, to save on money for one, but also for more freedom of creativity in my Story's.

With that all said and out of the way, I have begun learning blender which I intend to use to create said interiors, exteriors, clothing, etc. And from there export/import to Daz to be used in my final renders.

My first question is simply is this the right move/am I on the right path to doing what I'm trying to do? As long as it will work when I learn how to do everything that's all that matters. Or is there other software I should be using to do this.

I have exported a few tutorial models, and test models from blender and tried to import to Daz, and had some unexpected and undesired results. As I said at the start, I am very new to this and could very well have done something wrong. Will creations in Blender be compatable and usable with Daz when I know what I'm doing? Or am I learning the wrong software?

Thank you in advance

Comments

• People do use Blender to make models for DS, but there are things you need to do and things you need to avoid. If you give soem examples of the oddness, and show the wirefames (the edges) of the model in Blender.

• glossedsfmglossedsfm Posts: 329
    tyjdu92 said:

With that all said and out of the way, I have begun learning blender which I intend to use to create said interiors, exteriors, clothing, etc. And from there export/import to Daz to be used in my final renders.

If you're learning Blender to create your stuff why not just use Blender to also make your pics and animations too?  Daz's animation tools are a bit lacking in some areas compared to Blenders.  You dont want to take all the time and effort to learn how to import your stuff to Daz only to learn that its limited in what you want to do there, and then end up having to relearn those things in Blender.