GoZ to Daz3D crashes due to missing files?

apparently, me and everyone else can GoZ a model from Daz to Zbrush but they cant GoZ it back to Daz again at least with the latest iteration of Zbrush 2019.1.  my crash log says it's due to missing an image?

Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x1] Library missing

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: @rpath/libdzcore.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/Shared/*/GoZBrushToDAZStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/GoZBrushToDAZStudio
  Reason: image not found

is there a way to put this library back? is it something on Daz's end? is it something Zbrush forgot to give the app developer?  how can we fix this? 

Comments

• Hello, same here!

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
    Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
    Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x1] Library missing

Dyld Error Message:
      Referenced from: /Users/Shared/*/GoZBrushToDAZStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/GoZBrushToDAZStudio

• wonder if this is a mac only issue or if windows users of zbrush and daz have a similar thing.

wonder how it can be fixed. could we dig into older versions of GoZ and transplant those files?

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
    edited August 2019

I have a Help Center ticket open on this subject. They are checking if they can duplicate the problem. This shouldn't be too difficult as it seems that the current version of DS4.12 is particularly prone to this issue.

(I should point out that I don't see any error messages. GoZ just does not send back to DS from ZB. This is a random but not infrequent error and to me seems to be worse the more objects/figures that are conformed/parented to the main figure. However, once the error occurs it is permanent until I uninstall and reinstall DS)

Post edited by IsaacNewton on
  • DS4.12 is out now or this is just beta?  wonder what changed between versions.  I know the GoZ for Maya had texture transfer and polygroups importing as selection sets as well as automatic n-gone fixing so it had a lot of stuff that went beyond simple mesh import/export.

could you import morphs as sculpt layers? have subdivisions built-in? something fancier than the standard mesh import/export.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674

I don't get any DS or ZB crashes, but just about everytime I try to use GoZ to tweak something, Goz from DS works right, GoZ back into DS does nothing at all. I end up having to close DS and ZB, uninstall then reinstall GoZ with DIM, then it will work for the rest of the day. But the next time I need it, it's usually the same thing. I am on win7

• this is the latest GoZ for Zbrush 2019 right? or older? wonder if it's a dynamic thing where said files have to be updated continually or something.

Exactly the same issue I have, ThKD. It apparently does not depend on the windows version either, since I use Win 10.

israelteich, it does not depend on the ZB version. I am using 2019 now but the problem was also present with 4R7.

The fact that when the error occurs, it is persistant until DS is uninstalled and reinstalled points squarely at this being a DS problem or GoZ is corrupting something in DS.

• oh i was talking about the version of GoZ itself not Zbrush, the actual transfer app. like as I understand it DAZ3D updated their version of the transfer app and I guess it has bugs in it.  like if I somehow downgraded to an older app like the GoZ for Zbrush 2018 would it work?  I know my GoZ to and from Carrara still works despite it being long out of date. 

i doubt it's DAZStudio itself making the transfer app weird.

Probably the software causing the problem is GoZ itself, however, since a reinstall of DS is required to solve the problem once it does occur, then clearly DS is involved, even if only as a recipient of collateral damage.

• Hi to everyone, i'm trying some morphing on genesis 8 male by using ZBrush 2018-2019 (windows 7), when from Daz studio i send to Zbrush with GOZ, it open Zbrush but this always crashes.
    I tried to reinstall GOZ (windows 64), reinstalled DAZ3D 4.11, reinstalled Zbrush, but it always crashes. I checked for a while on Daz Forum discussions, but i didn't find any useful suggestion. I posted my problem in "New Users" forum category, but nobody gave me suggestions. After this i tried to make morphs with "Morph Loader Pro" inside Daz studio and Zbrush, everything works fine if i use base figure Genesis 8, but with a different character the morphing came out deformed as you can see in pictures.
    image 1: Genesis 8 Male
    image 2: Genesis 8 Male with morphing process made in Zbrush
    image 3: Character before Morph Loader
    image 4: Character before Morph Loader 2nd step
    image 5: Character base resolution imported in Zbrush
    image 6: Character higher resolution improved in Zbrush
    image 7: Morphing on character, only ears
    image 8: Restore base resolution on morphed character
    image 9: Character imported in Daz Studio with morphing slider
    image 10: Character morphing incorrect, it increase a lot the character dimensions and deform all the face, not only ears.
    Someone have suggestions please? Thanks.

1.jpg
    2560 x 1040 - 260K
    2.jpg
    2560 x 1042 - 259K
    3.jpg
    2560 x 1042 - 291K
    4.jpg
    2560 x 1042 - 316K
    5.jpg
    2560 x 1080 - 222K
    6.jpg
    2560 x 1080 - 218K
    7.jpg
    2560 x 1080 - 218K
    8.jpg
    2560 x 1080 - 216K
    9.jpg
    2560 x 1040 - 291K
    10.jpg
    2560 x 1042 - 316K
  • i think the unwanted deformation comes from having the character morph already dialed in, like since you are adding in another iteration of the base shape it exaggerates the shape twice. thats just my experience with goZ anyway which just automates the morph loader anyway. i bet there are a few topics on loading original morphs out there already.

as for the original GoZ issue i think the GoZ app is missing the script that opens up morph loader. like when it's supposed to activate morph loader it just stops and doesnt do anything with the mesh.

i hope the issue is resolved soon. i wanna try new techniques, especially with the ZWrap for Zbrush.

• inary Images:
           0x100000000 -        0x100006fff +com.daz3d.carrara.GoZBrushToDAZStudio.macho.1.0.0.0 (1.0 - 1) <B32AA977-BCED-8865-87EB-48FF5C9E75F1> /Users/Shared/*/GoZBrushToDAZStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/GoZBrushToDAZStudio
           0x10736f000 -        0x1073d96ef  dyld (655.1.1) <D3E77331-ACE5-349D-A7CC-433D626D4A5B> /usr/lib/dyld

apparently this is the image it's missing?  I don't know what it means but the problem still persists. 

• got the new GoZ update and i still have the error

• i just tried it with Zbrush 2018 which i know worked before and i still have the same issue only i dont get a crash error.

this is all DAZ itself.

• I have the same trouble. And I think it's a program path problem
    I'm suffering from unsolved problems

• smaker1smaker1 Posts: 275

Hello

don't have any problem. Just made my update with last version of DS4 and Goz works with last version of Zbrush.

My update process:

• update DS4
    • install plug-ins (GOZ,...) . You must have the associated plug-in version to DS4 version
    • Load a clothe (for testing) in DS4 and then goz
    • In zbrush/preference : redefine the DS4 link (even if you reinstalled DS4 in the same folder).
    • Goz back to DS4. It must works   
  • woom I want to try your suggestion.

But   Dose "the associated plug-in version to DS4 version" mean    Goz for DAZ 4.12+(Mac 64-bit)?

And Dose redefine the DS4 link mean "Force reinstall"?

I tried the above two points, but unfortunately it was also same rush.

By the way,Is your machine  Mac?

smaker1 said:

Hello

don't have any problem. Just made my update with last version of DS4 and Goz works with last version of Zbrush.

My update process:

• update DS4
    • install plug-ins (GOZ,...) . You must have the associated plug-in version to DS4 version
    • In zbrush/preference : redefine the DS4 link (even if you reinstalled DS4 in the same folder).

• macOS Mojave, 10.14.6

Daz 3d 4.12.0.86 Pro edition (64-bit)

zBrush 2019.1.2

Open Daz, Open zBrush, in Daz load item, File > Send to zBrush works

Goz results in message > File Saved to Disk Sucessfully

Daz 3d doesn't reload the item.

(If I switch zBrush Goz to Cinema 4D or Poser it exports to those)

If I make an object in zBrush and Goz I get the crash

Process:               GoZBrushToDAZStudio [1371]
    Path:                  /Users/Shared/*/GoZBrushToDAZStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/GoZBrushToDAZStudio
    Identifier:            com.daz3d.carrara.GoZBrushToDAZStudio.macho.1.0.0.0
    Version:               1.0 (1)
    Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
    Parent Process:        ??? [1]
    Responsible:           GoZBrushToDAZStudio [1371]
    User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2019-10-02 13:08:56.347 +1000
    OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.14.6 (18G95)
    Report Version:        12
    Anonymous UUID:        C5A4B1FA-F86F-9FF9-D827-3C350BC52167

Time Awake Since Boot: 5700 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
    Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
    Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x1] Library missing

Dyld Error Message:

Binary Images:
           0x100000000 -        0x100006fff +com.daz3d.carrara.GoZBrushToDAZStudio.macho.1.0.0.0 (1.0 - 1) <FF0E10A9-F43B-F4B2-35CF-31AC8B23081D> /Users/Shared/*/GoZBrushToDAZStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/GoZBrushToDAZStudio
           0x102892000 -        0x1028fc70f  dyld (655.1.1) <DFC3C4AF-6F97-3B34-B18D-7DCB23F2A83A> /usr/lib/dyld

Model: iMac13,2, BootROM 287.0.0.0.0, 4 processors, Intel Core i7, 3.4 GHz, 24 GB, SMC 2.11f14

• smaker1smaker1 Posts: 275
    tkawashi said:

woom I want to try your suggestion.

But   Dose "the associated plug-in version to DS4 version" mean    Goz for DAZ 4.12+(Mac 64-bit)?

And Dose redefine the DS4 link mean "Force reinstall"?

I tried the above two points, but unfortunately it was also same rush.

By the way,Is your machine  Mac?

smaker1 said:

Hello

My update process:

• update DS4

I would say yes: DS4.12 must have the GOZ plugin version for DS4.12

DS4 Link : I use "path to Dazstudio64.exe"  just under force reinstall in preference/goz in Zbrush) 

• i have been force reinstalling updating and everything but it is still missing that disk image whatever it is. i don't know what it means outside of it missing said files.

is it a directory issue? is it configuration? whatever it needs my Install manager does not download it.

• i think i know the problem 

. /Users/Shared/*/GoZBrushToDAZStudio.app/Contents/MacOS/GoZBrushToDAZStudio

this is the line i keep seeing and cant find the path to the app. i dont think i even have the app around.  Zbrush cant access the app or something.

• I had sent a help ticket into Daz regarding this error specifically on a Mac. The windows versions seems to work fine so it seems it's just a mac issue. After several go rounds with installing and reinstalling and talking to the help center at daz they finally were able to reproduce the error. (I guess they had to find a mac) They did not give any specifics as to how or when it well get fixed. It's super frustrating. So I try every new beta so far have seen no love for the Mac GoZ. I keep hoping they get it fixed before I pull the nuclear option and decide to go to PC.

• I did my own investigation and I found the error is that it lacks the "libdzcore.dylib" file in the actual app of the plugin where it was calling it from.
    it is found in Frameworks folder in the Daz Studio folder.   i tried copying the file in there and it still didnt work.

i think some sort of weird recall error is causing it. like it cant call that framework library.

• Anyone had any luck with getting GoZ to work with DS 4.12 on Mac? This seems to be a problem with certain program's interoperability after upgrades. Allegorithmic and Pixologic seem to break with certain programs and it usually is an issue from the other software's side. I don't think that this is something Zbrush can fix and I hope that Daz will try to resolve this soon. I've tried a lot of the fixes suggested so far and nothing seems to work. While displacement and bump maps sometimes suffice, the process is much simpler and more reliable with GoZ and being able to go back and forth directly is something that makes Zbrush far easier to use with DS.

• I have this same problem and it's so frustrating. I just got a new macbook pro and i'd been waiting till i got it to upgrade DS from 4.8. Here I was thinking I'm going to go nuts creating morphs to share and apparently GoZ has been broken for some time and nobody has a clue if/when it will be fixed. Of course I can still sculpt morphs in Zbrush and import with morph loader but it's kind of a pain not to mention even more of a pain if I want to add complimenary morphs to dialed up or posed characters. I've tried going through the forums to find answers if they are there and I missed them, I apologize but is there any mention that DAZ is working on this? I remember there was a time when they actually had a contact number on the site and you could call and talk to someone there. They would maybe even look into a question and call you back. Yeah.. I'm that old.  :P

• ThorThor Posts: 43
    edited January 2020

Well, I guess it's not just me... sad

Same issue here. GoZ from DS to Zbrush works fine -- but cannot send anything back to Studio.

What's really frustrating is it was working fine in DS 4.9 (I still have my 4.9 installation), but the newer GoZ installer broke 4.9 as well as 4.12. This should NEVER happen.

DS 4.12
    Zbrush 2019
    Mac OS X 10.11.6

I suspect this is a problem with dzcoreutil and the latest libdzgoz.dylib which should be linking/loading libraries but is failing to load libdzcore.dylib via GoZBrushToDAZStudio.app for some reason.

EDIT: Good news... I was able to get GoZ to work properly with 4.12 by replacing the contents of /Users/Shared/Pixologic/GoZApps/DAZStudio64/ with an old version (from 2015).

EDIT 2: Bad news... this fix doesn't seem to work consistently. Sometimes it works perfectly, other times when trying to send back to Studio, GoZBrushToDAZStudio.app crashes silently:

1/11/20 11:19:53.930 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.daz3d.carrara.GoZBrushToDAZStudio.macho.1.0.0.0.855392[10163]) Service exited with abnormal code: 1

I have not been able to figure out how to get it to work consistently.

Post edited by Thor on
  • I'm having this issue too. Reeeeally frustrated.

That is all.

• Having same problem to.

Very Frustrating

• jpetersen1jpetersen1 Posts: 148

I have the same problem. I can go from DS to Zbrush, but the bridge crashes instantly when I try to send back to DS.

• Exact same problem, on Mac. From Daz to ZBrush no problem, sending back I get "GoZBrushToDAZStudio cannot be opened because of a problem." This is an app in Shared/Pixologic/DAZStudio64 folder. Report says Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x1] Library missing. I've uninstalled/reinstalled everything I could find and nothing has worked so far.