The Bio Squad is here...

JoLabJoLab Posts: 327
edited December 1969 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Enter a new kind of elite soldiers; the Superhuman Bio Squad. Equipped with powerful bio-weapons, these soldiers are sure to give your renders a very organic look.
This soldier is Dragonfly, a female fighter design for stealth, speed and agility.

More Bio Squad characters to come...

Dragonfly_Personal_Promo03.jpg
1800 x 1578 - 394K

Comments

• JoLabJoLab Posts: 327
    edited December 1969

When I was creating this model I tried to make it look like a 80s cartoon series. You know, shows like; Biker Mice from Mars; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles; Thundercats or He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. I love this stuff and the full title of my product: The Superhuman Bio Squad, I think is quite reminiscent of that kind of shows.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Which figure is this beautiful product for?

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Got it and can't wait to use her :cheese:

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I like the concept very much but you missed a sale by two little things. I'm very much a NEED eyes type, the Eyeless concept plays in some things but not in all things. A Eyes morph in the helmet and I so would leap on this.

Lovely set as is. TY for your work even if I will have to think of a way to justify it as needed before I can purchase it.

edited December 1969

This is for Genesis 1 and it supports most female morphs Genesis has to offer.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I like the concept very much but you missed a sale by two little things. I'm very much a NEED eyes type, the Eyeless concept plays in some things but not in all things. A Eyes morph in the helmet and I so would leap on this.

Lovely set as is. TY for your work even if I will have to think of a way to justify it as needed before I can purchase it.

I thought about it while making the helmet but ultimately decided not to show the eyes. I thought this will make the sets more unique and more creepy. But I understand and respect that it will not please everyone.
    Maybe the helmet uses echolocation or some type of thermal images to guide the wearer.

edited December 1969

I’m currently working on a male bio squad character for Genesis 2 male, which I will post wips shortly, and will include two helmets; one with eyes and one without.
    Thanks to Jaderail for the suggestion.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Usually I am not buying Genesis items anymore (G2F / G2M almost solely), unless they got a good potential for autofitting correctly - and from the looks here this might be an Autofit nightmare due to the wings especially ;)

This item is one of the rare exceptions, because I simply like the concept and as the outfit hides a larger portion of the body anyway it is not that important on whether a G2F or Genesis is wearing it.

Thank you for making it and looking forward to more interesting concepts from you :)

edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:
    Usually I am not buying Genesis items anymore (G2F / G2M almost solely), unless they got a good potential for autofitting correctly - and from the looks here this might be an Autofit nightmare due to the wings especially ;)

This item is one of the rare exceptions, because I simply like the concept and as the outfit hides a larger portion of the body anyway it is not that important on whether a G2F or Genesis is wearing it.
    Thank you for making it and looking forward to more interesting concepts from you :)

Thanks Renpatsu. I started this project on Genesis 1 because I didn’t know I will eventually release it. It was just a personal project. Once I decided that it will make a good model to release I was too far out in the production to make it fit Genesis 2 female. Like you said it’s an Autofit nightmare. But be sure that I will not do the same mistake again. But I still think that Genesis 1 is a great figure that is not yet obsolete. I still use it all the time…

• DirewrathDirewrath Posts: 225
    edited December 1969

JoLab1985 said:

This is for Genesis 1 and it supports most female morphs Genesis has to offer.

Oh this is awesome! And it's for Genesis 1 so I can use it Yay! I cannot wait to see the others.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Looking forward to more along these lines, and I personally am very happy to see Genesis 1 back in the pipeline. To me G1 is under used these days. We need the Meta morph just as much as the others.

I'm currently playing with a plot line that would work DragonFly into my story down the road. Once I hash out a few more details I'm pretty sure it's going to hit my cart, eye's are fun to think up reasons for, now that I've started.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

JoLab1985 said:
    Enter a new kind of elite soldiers; the Superhuman Bio Squad. Equipped with powerful bio-weapons, these soldiers are sure to give your renders a very organic look.
    This soldier is Dragonfly, a female fighter design for stealth, speed and agility.

More Bio Squad characters to come...

Thank goodness this is for Genesis! Sold! SO SOLD! Please, I ask of you, keep making things for Genesis. :)

• tonymousetonymouse Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

It looks really awesome, anybody tried to use it in Poser??? looking forward to seeing the Male set upcoming too.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 2013

Am actually a fan of the Giger-like 'no eyes' look and an organic-looking helmet without them was precisely what I needed for a project - so, you actually gained a sale from me, precisely because of that. :)

While I've recently been able to move into Genesis 2 (thank you, periodic mass sales) I'm a big fan of Genesis 1, because I've got a lot of creature-related and other morphs already for it, which are always massively fun to combine with potential new stuff. And, of course, because that usually makes products properly value-for-money unisex!

Any other insect/arachnid-inspired sets on the way?

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 2013

Well ... I'll be damned ... Autofit turns the outfit into a mess of course, but using the Transfer Utility you get actually something out that can be used :)

Small picture of a test to transfer the clothing item to G2F. The bones are all working (applied a wing pose preset) and the only really troublesome area appears to be the gloves, especially since the smoothing modifier also affects the blades if it gets turned on.

G2F_BioSquad.jpg
    400 x 565 - 73K
    Post edited by Renpatsu on
    edited December 1969

Thank you for all your inputs guys, they are very useful to me. For my next Bio Squad character I will try to make it for both Genesis and Genesis 2 male…

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,256
    edited December 1969

my image

BioSquad.jpg
    800 x 608 - 299K
    edited December 1969

JoLab1985 said:
    Thank you for all your inputs guys, they are very useful to me. For my next Bio Squad character I will try to make it for both Genesis and Genesis 2 male…

Good! I love Genesis stuff. ;)

Keep them coming. :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Hi. the product page doesn't list the headgear as separate.

Is it?

Can i load up the headgear without the suit? or the suit without the headgear?

Thanks.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,303
    edited December 1969

JoLab1985 said:
    Jaderail said:

I thought about it while making the helmet but ultimately decided not to show the eyes. I thought this will make the sets more unique and more creepy. But I understand and respect that it will not please everyone.
    Maybe the helmet uses echolocation or some type of thermal images to guide the wearer.

I too would have bought it without hesitation if it had a 'with dragonfly eyes' helmet. The large, many-lens faceted black eyes would have been really, REALLY cool!!! I'd rather not have to postwork them in all the time. It wouldn't detract from the model in any fashion to add them as an OPTION would it?? That way everybody can be happy no matter what their preference. I'd buy it in a heart beat with those eyes! Without the eyes, I will think about it.

Could you offer the eyes in an update, or even an add on pack???

edited March 2014

JoLab1985 said:

Yayyy!!! Keep supporting Genesis please!

Post edited by Gogger on
    edited December 1969

Gogger said:
    JoLab1985 said:

Yayyy!!! Keep supporting Genesis please!

I second this. :)

edited December 1969

Hi. the product page doesn't list the headgear as separate.

Is it?

Can i load up the headgear without the suit? or the suit without the headgear?

Thanks.

I don't have the product myself, but it looks like it loads all in one. I could be wrong. You can always trans map the helmet away if you don't want it. Sorry I can't be more help. :)

• NadinoNadino Posts: 258
    edited December 1969

Bought them both this morning - I'm very impressed by the amount of detail on these. Great job!
    Huge thanks for making a MALE version :)

edited December 1969

Nadino said:
    Bought them both this morning - I'm very impressed by the amount of detail on these. Great job!
    Huge thanks for making a MALE version :)

Maybe you can answer the question: Can the helmet for Bio Squad Dragonfly be loaded alone, or only attached to the body outfit?

• NadinoNadino Posts: 258
    edited December 1969

Gogger said:

Maybe you can answer the question: Can the helmet for Bio Squad Dragonfly be loaded alone, or only attached to the body outfit?

The helmet on the Dragonfly outfit is attached to the wings/tail thing - so no loading alone.

The Blaster outfit has two helmets and can be loaded separately.

:)

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120
    edited December 1969

I would wish the Bio Squad Blaster Suit would have alternative shoulder pads without the blasters...

edited December 1969

You can hide Dragonfly's helmet by tweaking the opacity of the material.

edited December 1969

JoLab1985 said:
    You can hide Dragonfly's helmet by tweaking the opacity of the material.

I was looking to use just the helmet sometimes - just the suit other times.

These comments are NOT meant as criticisms, but rather suggestions for ways that you could add value to your products to please a wider span of people with differing skills, ideas and desires. :)

Also, not everyone is comfortable, or skilled at, fiddling with shaders, functions, nodes, whatever. They may get there eventually, or they may never go deeper than the simplest use: load, pose, render. It's nice when a product can be used by the novice as well as a highly skilled modeller. Quite often I have a deadline or simply don't have the proper clue where to start and so can't "Simply invert the X-Factor feed into the flux capacitor while maintaining a Quantum thread to the chrono-synchronizer. It's all smooth sailing after that!" Yeah. Right. :bug: