My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,629
    Mystarra said:

eso huge update coming down the rubberbands

dont want to miss my daily reward, a 100k gold reward coming, catch is has to login in 25 days in august

only wanna lay down, red hot dogs heaving at my tummy tum  ughhh

...our Safeway stores here are giving away Hawai'ian vacations each day. Trick is you have to shop every day to get a new entry code during the promotion.

After all that's happened lately, could use a little beach time. 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,105
    Mystarra said:
    kyoto kid said:

...speaking of food what ever happened to the standard weight/liquid volume amounts we used to see at teh market?

For example "Half gallons" of orange juice are now 58 fl oz instead of 64. "Half Gallons" of ice creme are now 48 fl oz instead of 64 (there are no more quarts either). "Pints" of milk are 14 fl oz instead of 16.  A 2# bag of hash brown potatoes is now 28 oz. 1# of ground coffee is now 12 oz and a 2# tin is 30.5 Oz.   A "pint" of ale at a pub here is actually around 14 oz (or less if it's one of those thick walled "cheater pints" with a half inch or more glass at the bottom, those are usually about 12 oz.).

Meanwhile, Half gallons of milk are still 64 oz.

Imagine the uproar if petrol here was sold in 116 oz "gallons."

and yet the price doesnt adjust for the lesser quantity

Nope, it actually goes up!  angry

Dana

...tell me about it.  Really tough when you are on a fixed income.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,105
    kyoto kid said:

And the healthier a food is for you, the more expensive it becomes!

Dana

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Anne of a 1,000 dsys

ole girl narrly got 3.5 months from the deal?

Couldnt remember the name of the movie. Was swahbuckler. Robert shaw. 

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    Mystarra said:
    Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

Corgi smiley

a long clip

worth it to see the ducklings follow the momma cat

Not available in my country.

awww

why or how they senser like that?

IP address. But you can cheat them with a VPN.

edited August 2019
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

Dana

...indeed. I try to purchase as much natural/organic food as I can which makes it all that much tougher.  At my age with a condition like diabetes, eating nutritiously and healthy is imperative. 

I still have to check labels though as even in some "organic" brands there are "questionable" ingredients. For example, I looked at two organic brands of plain (not "frosted") mini shredded wheat, and respectively, they listed 8% and 14% "added sugar" while the lower cost "store brand" listed 0%. What I found even more bothersome though is the store brand frosted variety was 1$ less than the plain version.  Really dislike paying more for less.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743

kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

Dana

...indeed. I try to purchase as much natural/organic food as I can which makes it all that much tougher.  At my age with a condition like diabetes, eating nutritiously and healthy is imperative. 

I still have to check labels though as even in some "organic" brands there are "questionable" ingredients. For example, I looked at two organic brands of plain (not "frosted") mini shredded wheat, and respectively, they listed 8% and 14% "added sugar" while the lower cost "store brand" listed 0%. What I found even more bothersome though is the store brand frosted variety was 1$ less than the plain version.  Really dislike paying more for less.

Yes, if you buy organic whole wheat flour it costs almost twice as much as organic white flour, despite it's far easier to process (just grinding - making white flour takes both grinding and sifting plus there is a waste (the bran sifted off)).

I buy organic whole wheat directly from a farmer ($2 / kg) and grind it myself.

• apparently i started to comment (responding back to quotes) but never posted my comment.

that must mean it is Tuesday. the most useless day of the week...

• DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

Dana

This is not necessarily true.  Eating healthy on a budget is possible.

kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:
    DanaTA said:

i'venot complained about how long my render is taking in a couple of days... 

i'll avoid complaining today too... frown

Has it been going for a couple of days?

Dana

I don't remember now... I think the one I had going at the time only lasted around 10 hours. I stopped it because at 10 hours it looked about the same as it had at 1 hour. I was experimenting with lighting gave up on it.

Complaint: This just in... I forgot to save the render I just spent 11 hours on but I'm still half asleep and shut Daz Studio down... crying

I had a Bryce render go on for three days... and when it was done I noticed a section was cut off... for some reason the preview didn’t match the render.

Three days is probably not a record for other people though... for me it was though.

I had a 3Delight render go for 15 hours once on an older system. It was all due to a champagne glass, with champagne, and bubbles, and raytrace depth turned up to 6. From then on, I vowed to stay away from champagne and only render opaque liquids!

...I had one go 16.5 hours. 5 frames of motion blur with a character that had two instances of Bolina Hair using UE..

That's a great image!

But why is she driving on the wrong side of the road?  I mean, she can't be in the UK, or she would be following the law and wearing a helmet, right?  cheeky

Just kidding; I like the image a lot!

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,033
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:
    McGyver said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:
    Tjohn said:
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:
    TigerAnne said:
    Mystarra said:

complaint  stop n shop didnt have fisherman friends

Ahhh, the lightbulb flickered on. Those aren't called Yodels here. At least I've never heard them call that.

Someone make me a delicious German Chocolate Cake... Who knew coconut was invented by Germans.

Coconuts weren’t invented by Germans, they were discovered by the French in 1682, but the Germans didn’t start mining them until the early 1800s... They discovered a rich vein of coconuts in the Saar-Warndt coal mining basin in 1823 and managed to break the coconut mining monopoly the French had on Europe... But eventually the coconuts ran out and by the early 20th century,  Germany’s chocolate cake industry was in jeopardy. Coconut mining was actually a huge factor in the start of World War One... that and the squirrel who antagonized Gavrilo Princip into shooting Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria.

I wrote a whole article on that squirrel and what really happened.

not to be confused with ho ho s which are an uncanny likeness ro yoh dels

addendum

the swiss roll

this is the brand we have where I live

Little Debbies packaged and shipped locally here (Chattanooga). Before diabetes Swiss Cake Rolls were my favorite. smiley

• i had two oreos for breakfast... chocolate filling kind.

Pending Complaint: some bimbo put a dynamic surface on a ponytail and hit simulate. this may break the spacetime continuum.

Heisenberg Compensators to full...

duck and cover...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

i had two oreos for breakfast... chocolate filling kind.

Pending Complaint: some bimbo put a dynamic surface on a ponytail and hit simulate. this may break the spacetime continuum.

Heisenberg Compensators to full...

duck and cover...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/9069276/Chocolate-cake-breakfast-could-help-you-lose-weight.html

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,781

I wonder if I start at 11 am or noon.

a non sugary tea biscuit recipe my hungarian grandma brought from the old countrysmiley

Boogs
    3 cups flour 
    1 tsp salt
    3 tsp baking powder 
    1/2 cup shortening 
    1/2 cup hot water 

Sift the flour mix the powder stuff. Knead in shortening then add water

Roll out cut in circles brush with egg yolk bake 350 until done

Mystarra said:

a non sugary tea biscuit recipe my hungarian grandma brought from the old countrysmiley

Boogs
    3 cups flour 
    1 tsp salt
    3 tsp baking powder 
    1/2 cup shortening 
    1/2 cup hot water 

no flavouring?    what's the point of the,    just   loads of carbs and fat and no goodness.

Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

Boogs
    3 cups flour 
    1 tsp salt
    3 tsp baking powder 
    1/2 cup shortening 
    1/2 cup hot water 

no flavouring?    what's the point of the,    just   loads of carbs and fat and no goodness.

the egg yolk wash on top is the flavoring.

it's basically a lump of flour to hold up a slab of butter. and something to chew with a plain cuppa tea.

not to be confused with pots.  plain ole telephone swidget

complaint workin with a couple a co workers who are basically beevis and butthead.

i think he has the as pergers.  hr should train us how to handle it in the workplace.

edited August 2019

he's just so nasty sometimes.  today is like his worst yet.

i know it's not his fault but is hard to cope with, my disabilities make this job harder on me than it was 17 years ago.

- this is my complaint today

this article is a help omg really

https://mailbag.penelopetrunk.com/2012/10/17/tips-for-working-with-someone-with-aspergers/

Post edited by Mistara on
    Mystarra said:

i know it's not his fault but is hard to cope with, my disabilities make this job harder on me than it was 17 years ago.

https://mailbag.penelopetrunk.com/2012/10/17/tips-for-working-with-someone-with-aspergers/

That first answer is terrible. People with Aspergers are not stupid  like she seems to be saying.  They are frequently very intelligent people.   Have you ever looked to see what famous people have/had Aspergers, including Steve Jobs and Bill Gates.amongst moder people  and Charles Darwin, Albert Eisten  and MichaelAngelo amongst the hitorical ones

Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

That first answer is terrible. People with Aspergers are not stupid  like she seems to be saying.  They are frequently very intelligent people.   Have you ever looked to see what famous people have/had Aspergers, including Steve Jobs and Bill Gates.amongst moder people  and Charles Darwin, Albert Eisten  and MichaelAngelo amongst the hitorical ones

yeah.  recognized Dan Akroyd.

reading more articles on it.  they get pretty volatile in the comments.  i think hr should give us training on it.  it's not usually such a problem,  oh well.  job goes on.

Taoz said:

kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

Dana

Yes, if you buy organic whole wheat flour it costs almost twice as much as organic white flour, despite it's far easier to process (just grinding - making white flour takes both grinding and sifting plus there is a waste (the bran sifted off)).

I buy organic whole wheat directly from a farmer ($2 / kg) and grind it myself.

...wish I could but don't I drive and don't have a flour grinder I have a very small kitchen, had to actually donate a bunch of things to Goodwill (like a couple large stockpots and my pasta maker) as I just don't have the cabinet or counter space.

DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

Dana

This is not necessarily true.  Eating healthy on a budget is possible.

kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:
    DanaTA said:

i'venot complained about how long my render is taking in a couple of days... 

i'll avoid complaining today too... frown

Has it been going for a couple of days?

Dana

I don't remember now... I think the one I had going at the time only lasted around 10 hours. I stopped it because at 10 hours it looked about the same as it had at 1 hour. I was experimenting with lighting gave up on it.

Complaint: This just in... I forgot to save the render I just spent 11 hours on but I'm still half asleep and shut Daz Studio down... crying

I had a Bryce render go on for three days... and when it was done I noticed a section was cut off... for some reason the preview didn’t match the render.

Three days is probably not a record for other people though... for me it was though.

I had a 3Delight render go for 15 hours once on an older system. It was all due to a champagne glass, with champagne, and bubbles, and raytrace depth turned up to 6. From then on, I vowed to stay away from champagne and only render opaque liquids!

...I had one go 16.5 hours. 5 frames of motion blur with a character that had two instances of Bolina Hair using UE..

That's a great image!

But why is she driving on the wrong side of the road?  I mean, she can't be in the UK, or she would be following the law and wearing a helmet, right?  cheeky

Just kidding; I like the image a lot!

...it's a modern day parody of the character Merida.  Over on DA a bit ago, I saw a number of illustrations of her as she would appear in today's world, so thought it would be fun to update and her "ride" Angus a little.

Tjohn said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:
    McGyver said:
    DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:
    Tjohn said:
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:
    TigerAnne said:
    Mystarra said:

complaint  stop n shop didnt have fisherman friends

Ahhh, the lightbulb flickered on. Those aren't called Yodels here. At least I've never heard them call that.

Someone make me a delicious German Chocolate Cake... Who knew coconut was invented by Germans.

Coconuts weren’t invented by Germans, they were discovered by the French in 1682, but the Germans didn’t start mining them until the early 1800s... They discovered a rich vein of coconuts in the Saar-Warndt coal mining basin in 1823 and managed to break the coconut mining monopoly the French had on Europe... But eventually the coconuts ran out and by the early 20th century,  Germany’s chocolate cake industry was in jeopardy. Coconut mining was actually a huge factor in the start of World War One... that and the squirrel who antagonized Gavrilo Princip into shooting Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria.

I wrote a whole article on that squirrel and what really happened.

not to be confused with ho ho s which are an uncanny likeness ro yoh dels

addendum

the swiss roll

this is the brand we have where I live

Little Debbies packaged and shipped locally here (Chattanooga). Before diabetes Swiss Cake Rolls were my favorite. smiley

..same here, I'd usually pack them in my lunch for work.

the corporate colours in my database starting to grow on me

is creamsickle colors.  need a treat after looking at it 

My computer battery is low complaint.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,234
    edited August 2019

Complaint:  My back slipped out of place again yesterday.  After nearly 3 weeks of relative normalcy I'm back to walking totteringly slowly with cane, trying not to bend a fraction of an inch the wrong way.  Woke up in bed this morning screaming.  Not fun. sad

Non-complaint: Thinking of all the money I'll be saving by not having a car.

'Nother non-complaint:  Spider immediately (1/4 inch) outside my kitchen window built a new web last night.  It's about 18 inches in diameter.  Top quality.yes  Will send photo if morning dew and lighting cooperates before web is ragged.  The spider is teeny tiny, about the size of a half a grain of rice.  It's like your grandma knitting a circus tent while pulling the yarn from her butt.surprise

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Feel better soonest

Lol lol lol 

lol they arguing who legolas who gimli

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WF1q9xMmTbM&list=PL-6J5KObL6iAh3qS6Z9eMGujl4c-AQbM9&index=98

Oop laying down dropped phone smack on face lol

man want to listen to lotr sound track now

i should grt the trilogy in blueray prolly worth it just for the sound track  last of mohicans had a great soundtrack too

What is worse; A female model who does not look like she has anything down there or a male model who obviously not have anything down there?

• What is worse; A female model who does not look like she has anything down there or a male model who obviously not have anything down there?

this is why i don't use male models... then again... i'm not interested in their junk

This discussion has been closed.