Thought I better say hi....

PookPook Posts: 121
edited December 1969 in New Users

Since I've already posted a couple of times in the Poser forum ;)

So errr... Hi :D

My name is Pook and I'm something of a novice poserite. Well, not novice really, just abysmally bad at anything complicated with it. I first got into Poser way back years ago when it was Poser 2 (I think) and since then I've drifted in and out of the program, but when Smith Micro dropped the price of Poser 9 a month or so I thought I'd give it a go again and actually try and do something more with it.

At the moment I'm still at the "load a number of presets and hit the render button and see what comes out stage", but I'm slowly getting better and playing with it more. I'll keep trying to get better with it and see how I manage, but it's going to be a long, slow, job....

Right - I'm off to do some real life things before I sit down and start sorting out my runtime libraries into some semblence of order so I can find things easier in my library!

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Hello dj.pooka, and Welcome!

Sorting out Runtime folders is a life-long occupation I'm afraid, but it does get easier.

Have fun, and best wishes.

• PookPook Posts: 121
    edited December 1969

Thank you :)

It doesn't help that I do get a bit... OCD about organizing things on my computer - fortunately this time I've already been sort of organized with the runtimes, and I have separate runtimes for my base figures, I just need to get the clothing, characters, morphs and everything organized better than they are right now!

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684
    edited December 1969

*waves*
    Hi and welcome ^^
    This is a very helpful forum so don't be shy to ask if you need help!

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited December 1969

HI Pook, Welcome back to Posing! Just give us a shout if you run into any problems. We would love to see your work in the new Gallery!

• PookPook Posts: 121
    edited December 2013

Thanks guys - at the moment I've just been dumping my stuff up on my tumblr account because they're nothing really that impressive - I'm still a long way from the incredible images I've seen in other people's gallaries, and I know everyone has to start somewhere, but prefer not to embarrass myself too quickly!

Everyone's been helpful so far, and I'm glad to take part in a community where everyone seems to be so helpful. I'm going to have to try hard not to drift away from Poser this time, like I have done the other times in the past! At least this time my partner is helpfully poking me to carry on working at it!

Quick edit - I just added the fullsize version of my icon to the gallery. It's not too bad, but it was just me playing with the Aiko 5 set :)

Post edited by Pook on