Is there a way to get my GPU to pick up the workload?

So I got a little crazy with my lights... now the render never hits 1%. Is there a sweet spot or idea method for # of lights and color or lights? Thinking that the lights were the issue I got a new RTX... but still no GPU action. Sorry, I'm a new guy. 

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

First, congrats on the RTX. I'm green with envy. Now down to the brass tacks:

Daz Studio needs to be told which video card to use. One could have more than one video card and want to reserve one for other applications, for example.

Here's how:

1. Open Daz Studio.
    2. Open the Render Settings pane. If it isn't docked, you can find it from the main menu under, Window > Panes(Tabs).
    3. Across the top of the pane are three tabs: Presets, Editor and Advanced. Click on Advanced.
    4. The render Engine should be NVIDIA Iray by default, but if you've changed it for any reason, change it back.
    5. You should see a tab labeled Hardware and it should be selected. Below that are two sections, Photoreal Devices and Interactive Devices, and both sections should have the same devices listed. You will see CPU and each of your Nvidia video card(s) listed.
    6. Deselected CPU.
    7. Select your video card.
    8. Close Daz Studio.
    9. Reopen, and you're done.
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313

Make sure you have the latest Nvidia drivers.