Is it possible to make a long exposure image with blurred animation?

winduptoywinduptoy Posts: 59
edited August 2019 in New Users
Post edited by winduptoy on

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    winduptoy said:

3Delight has built in motion blur. You can adjust the blurriness and quality (samples) in the advanced rendersettings tab. IRay does not have that option in DS, so if you use IRay I'm afraid you will need to do it in postwork.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

You'd have to render the stills needed to create the movement and then use translucency on all the still images in the animation but the last one. You would probably only want to render the moving object(s) in all stills but the very last one in which you'd render the moving object(s) and the non-moving objects both. Then you'd use layer and put the last image at the bottom of the image stack and work backwards with the 1st rendered image being on top. 

• punkypunky Posts: 25

If you don’t want to do this manually, there’s this script here 

https://www.daz3d.com/motion-blur-for-iray

I don’t own it, so no idea about the quality or ease of use.

• winduptoy said:

3Delight has built in motion blur. You can adjust the blurriness and quality (samples) in the advanced rendersettings tab. IRay does not have that option in DS, so if you use IRay I'm afraid you will need to do it in postwork.

Thanks so much, I think that answers my question.  I wouldn't want to attempt it in post, I think it'd just look choppy and bad.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    winduptoy said:
    winduptoy said:

Thanks so much, I think that answers my question.  I wouldn't want to attempt it in post, I think it'd just look choppy and bad.

Naw, lots of motion blur is done in post.  You can render your moving figure and background separately and then do your blurring and compositing in Ps or whatever.