Any way to use dynamic clothes in DAZ Studio animations?

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I have been trying my hand at animations/movies with DAZ Studio. Every time I try to use a piece of dynamic clothing it reverts to the cleared state before rendering. Is there any way to use dynamic clothes/cloth in an animation?

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

You may have more luck with this question in the DAZ Studio forum or The Commons. This is the Carrara discussion forum, which is a completely different piece of software with different functionality.

Hopefully you'll get an answer that will help you. Good luck!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

I have been trying my hand at animations/movies with DAZ Studio. Every time I try to use a piece of dynamic clothing it reverts to the cleared state before rendering. Is there any way to use dynamic clothes/cloth in an animation?

you have to Freeze it after you drape - click on the box upper right hand

• edited December 1969

thanks .. just what I needed

• edited December 1969

OK .. that freezes the dynamic cloth .. but it freezes it for the entire animation. How do I get it to change or be able to re-drape for a different frame if the figure moves. It IS an animation. Once the item is frozen it doesn't move with the figure and there is no way to unfreeze it for the next frame.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

OK .. that freezes the dynamic cloth .. but it freezes it for the entire animation. How do I get it to change or be able to re-drape for a different frame if the figure moves. It IS an animation. Once the item is frozen it doesn't move with the figure and there is no way to unfreeze it for the next frame.

you can not unfreeze - you should save scene before .
    I don't get what you mean the freeze doesn't move with figure - works fine for me .
    how many frames are you doing ( I never do more then 300 to 350 at one time ) ?

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

In the Dynamic Clothing panel, you did change from Single Frame to Animated, right?
    I'm guessing you use Animate (Lite, 2) in that case, when the draping of all your frames is finished, don't forget to bake to Studio Keyframes.