Uninstal Daz 3D

edited December 2013 in New Users

I want to uninstall Daz 3D on my laptop and install it on my desktop.

There is nothing in the Uninstall Programs list, nothing for uninstalling in the Daz 3D folder in the programs list.

There was an uninstall Content Manger so I ran that and it's still installed.

Is there is reason this has to be so convoluted to uninstall?

I want to remove the program from my laptop - so how the heck do I do this?

Thanks

Edit: The only uninstall info I've found so far states it is "old and shouldn't be used any more". I also tried to submit a ticket about it and the "submit" button doesn't submit my ticket.

Do I just have to delete the Daz 3D folder?

Edit 2: Checked the documentation - no uninstall information. Went to "Feedback" in the program and it came up "untrusted." Looked through the Support, FAQs and no uninstall information.

Are you kidding me?

Post edited by rqe3bc_fcdd3d4e7b on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What version of DAZ Studio do you have installed?

DAZ 3D is the name of the company, the software is called DAZ Studio. All of the versions of DAZ Studio that I have installed appear in the Uninstall area in the Control Panel in Windows. There are also uninstallers in Start > All Programs > DAZ 3D for each version as well, where are you looking?

There was an uninstall Content Manger so I ran that and it’s still installed.

There is an uninstaller for the Content Management Service, a process that runs in Windows, and it does uninstall that, but not the DAZ Studio Program.

What operating system are you using, what version of DAZ Studio, and where are you looking for an uninstaller?
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

OK, you don't mention what operating system you laptop is running, i.e., Windows (which version) or Mac.

With that in mind, I have Windows 7 Pro on my laptop, and when I go to the Control Panel > Programs and Features, Both my DAZ Studio versions, the DS Content Management System, and DAZ Install Manager are all listed in the Programs list.

As far as uninstallers go, in my DAZ Studio 3, there's a subfolder called Uninstallers within my DAZStudio3 folder, and the same is true in my DAZStudio4 folder.

It seems that, unlike a lot of other computer software, the uninstallers have their own subfolder, rather than residing directly in the main DAZStudio folder.

Hope that helps.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,151
    edited December 1969

If you installed with the Install Manager you should uninstall with that; there should be an uninstall option in Start>All Programs>DAZ 3D>Studio 4, assuming you mean DAZ Studio.