RESOLVED - Hexagon 2.5 install failure - Mac OS Mavericks

edited December 2013 in Hexagon Discussion

Wonder if anyone can help.

Downloaded Hexagon 2 to install on MBP running Mavericks. First it refused to install, the OS saying it couldn't trust the app. Sorted that out. Install worked.

Went to run the program, but it fails trying to create Hexagon Error - Directory '/users/me/Documents//Daz3d/Hexagon/' couldn't be created (error 13: Permission denied) ( note the '//' )

So I tried on my iMac ( running Snow Leopard - yes, I'm stuck with that cos Bryce won't run on anything newer - sort it out boys! ) and it installed and ran without a problem. Uninstalled and tried again on the MBP and once again it failed with the above error.

Any ideas?

I was aiming to run Hexagon on my MBP so I could build models on that whilst away from home but looks like there is a fault with the loader under Mavericks.

Thanks in advance...

Post edited by loonypuma_ec10015fd4 on

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,505
    edited December 1969

Did you install with Installer or with DIM?

• edited December 1969

On both iMac and MBP by running the app itself.

edited December 1969

The reason I asked is that DIM will create folders for you that the installer don't create.

• edited December 1969

Ah, I see. If only that was the cause.

Im puzzled by this, as the file structure for both iMac and MBP are as identical as can be ( given one is running Snow Leopard and the other is Mavericks )

Tried again this morning - iMac works a treat, MBP locks up when Hexagon is launched.

edited December 1969

Jedi23 said:

Im puzzled by this, as the file structure for both iMac and MBP are as identical as can be ( given one is running Snow Leopard and the other is Mavericks )

Tried again this morning - iMac works a treat, MBP locks up when Hexagon is launched.

The error you get is due to 10.9 has ha higher security setting which prevents Hexagon from creating its folders in the ~/Documents.
    If you install with DIM that folder will be created.
  • edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Jedi23 said:

The error you get is due to 10.9 has ha higher security setting which prevents Hexagon from creating its folders in the ~/Documents.
    If you install with DIM that folder will be created.

Well. Having created the Hexagon folder manually, it worked... :-)

Thanks, Totte!