Anatomical Elements Issue

I 'm having an issue with the G8F anatamical elements - there is a distinct boundary between the anatomical elements and the torso.

I do the following steps:

1. Create a new project.
2. Add G8F basic female
3. Add G8F anatomical elements
4. Apply Victoria 8 skin all MATS

Sometimes this succesfully applies the skin to the anatomical elements, sometimes not. If it doesn't, I apply the specific V8 anatomical elements skin MAT.

In the Viewport, using Texture Shaded view, eveything looks ok. However, when I render using 3DL (cannot use iRay on my machine) there is a distinct boundary between the anatomical elements and the torso. The skin on the anatomical elements is slightly darker. I've attached a heavily cropped image to show what's happening.

The shaders for the anatomical elements and torso are both AoA_Subsurface and both have the same settings. I've made no changes to any other settings.

Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it? 

Thanks

anatomical_color_issue2.PNG
872 x 165 - 304K

Comments

• For any adult G8 F base having the anatomical elements added, you have to use the same skin set. You cannot, for example, use the Olympia 8 or Aiko 8 skin base on a character and use the anatomical elements skin textures from Victoria 8 and expect them to match. Also, some adult characters do not come with textures for the anatomical elements, in which case, you'll need to use a different skin set(from another character) that does have the anatomical elements textures.

Keep in mind that the anatomical elements is simply an added geograph to the character and requires its own texture separate from the torso. Some characters require you to either select the character or anatomical elements node in the scene tab and then double clicking on the genitals MAT found in the content pane under Materials --> 3Delight --> Feminine --> relevant character, if I recall correctly. You should also be able to go into your product library and find the texture options there.

I don't recall Victoria 8 having any issues with the gens & torso textures not matching up, but then again, I use Iray, so I can't say for sure.

• sirusssiruss Posts: 0

Thanks, magog.

I see this issue though when I use the Victoria 8 skin base with the Victoria 8 anatomical elements skin, so they're both from the same skin set.

As a work around I copied the torso surface to the anatomical elements and used a UV for G8F anatomical elements I found on renderosity. When I renedred this using 3DL there was no visible boundary between the torso and anatomical elements. That's ok, but I'd like to be able to use the actual V8 gens skin.I'll have another go with it later.

• sirusssiruss Posts: 0

I think I've narrowed the issue down to the specular color settings - possibly the specular color image maps. If I remove the specular color and specular2 color image maps from the gens and the torso then the rendered skin is the same color on both and there is no visible boundary between them. If I keep the specular image maps and increase the strength of the specular and specuar2 colors on the gens, then I can get a reasonable match in skin color with the torso, but the highlights on the gens' skin surface are too bright.

As they're both from the same skin set, shouldn't the Victoria 8 skin maps for the body/torso and the gens match without any tweaking? Any ideas what's going on?

Any help much appreciated, thanks.