Limited Camera Rotate

SkelchSkelch Posts: 275
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Need help I can no longer orbit around when using the Camera ball in the top right corner. When I Left mouse click and drag it has limited motion. I can rotate for a limited distance left and right.

If I click on the icons to see top, left, right, and such it will pop to those views but I can not longer just rotate the mouse around.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

If I click on the icons to see top, left, right, and such it will pop to those views but I can not longer just rotate the mouse around.

You can't rotate around in these views anyway, and never could. The only time you can rotate the camera is in Perspective view or with the Default camera, or one you created yourself. The other views, top, left, right etc, are static views (as far as rotation is concerned).
  • SkelchSkelch Posts: 275
    edited December 2013

This is on the default perspective view, I am not choosing a right. left, back or any view from the drop down list I mean on the default Perspective view I can no longer rotate the camera unlimited.

So I created a new camera and I can no longer control that either. :(

I have been rotating around unstopped for more than 2 years now and it just stopped working on me yesterday. in the middle of positioning a figure. I used to be able to click on the box an drag my mouse and go from the front view all the way around, now I can only rotate partial right and when going left I can get to a slight back or rear view of the model.

in fact before if I clicked and held the mouse it did not jump to a particular view it just let me drag it now as soon as I click on the camera orbit tool it snaps to start where ever I click on first front side angle then I start rotating from there.

mouse_limited.jpg
    761 x 667 - 71K
    Post edited by Skelch on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Try the original controls instead.

camera.png
    410 x 289 - 56K
    edited December 1969

Original controls still have same issue limited mouse movement

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

With the left mouse button held down lift your mouse and then set it back down and continue to drag. I do it that way all the time.

edited December 1969

Thanks all but so far not working. It is not that I can't drag the mouse any more it stops when I move the mouse just a couple inches right left up or down. I move the mouse 12 inches, but the program only rotates the camera as though I moved it an inch or two. It is clearly the software stopping the rotation but can not find a setting to fix that.

edited December 2013

Have you by any chance set limits to Rotate? That would be in Window>Panes(Tabs)>Tool Settings and from the Drop Down at the TOP the Rotate tool. Other than that I know of nothing that can limit the funtion.
    This is a Default setting...

Capture-001.png
    356 x 556 - 22K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 2013

That looks fine Jaderail can you show me your settings under the universal tool?

Post edited by Skelch on
    edited December 1969

Skelch said:
    That looks fine Jaderail can you show me your settings under the universal tool?
    Sorry it took so long but I'm on nights more than days... here is my Default Universal Tool.
    Capture-001.png
    401 x 691 - 30K
    edited December 1969

Thanks but setting my universal tool to look exactly like yours made no change at all.

Another thing I noticed when I put my mouse on the camera Rotation tool in the top right corner and click and hold just before I am about to move the mouse the image jumps to what I am pointing at Front, left or whatever. It used to not jump there unless you clicked and released.

edited December 1969

Hate to say this but you might need to reset DAZ Studio back to Defaults. It sure sounds to me like some obscure command has been set, and finding just that one can be a big PITA.

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    edited December 1969

Skelch, before you try Jaderail's last suggestion, make sure you're not chasing a Windows mouse and/or accessibility setting...

Open Control Panel
    Open the Mouse control applet
    On the Pointer tab, make sure the Snap To checkbox is unchecked
    On the Activities tab, check the double-click speed; Also make sure Clicklock is unchecked.

Next open the Ease of Access center
    Click on the "Make the mouse easier to use" link and make sure that both the "Turn on Mouse Keys" and "Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse" checkboxes are unchecked

edited December 2013

Thanks I looked at the windows mouse settings and they were all set as you suggested so I did the Reset to default and still limited movement. I put a ticket in with Daz on the 21st maybe after the Holidays someone will come and figure it out. Sad and frustrated. Thanks so much. If you have any other ideas push them out can't hurt to look.

Thanks

Roy aka Skelch

Post edited by Skelch on
    edited December 1969

Sorry we could not help. Hope the issue gets resolved for you.

edited December 1969

Thank you so much Jaderail, I do hope to find the answer, but I appreciate you taking the time to try and help troubleshoot it. It was so weird I was rotating the camera like always then my screen flashed for a second and poof limited mouse rotation and camera positioning.

edited December 1969

Wow last night Daz Studio started working as normal! I am glad but am really afraid the strange glitch will return. I made not changes, have not even rebooted my PC in days, but suddenly it started working. Thankful but scared! :)

edited December 1969

Happy for you but also a bit fearful, I hate when glitches can not be hunted down. Fingers crossed for you.

edited December 1969

Thanks so much Jaderail, whatever don't uncross them even for a second. :D

• This is happening to me too!  It was like this at first but i thought it was normal.  It started randomly working but now it's back.  I can't rotate to the right at all.  My mouse won't do it and normal tools won't do it either.  Anyone solve this yet?

• This is happening to me too!  It was like this at first but i thought it was normal.  It started randomly working but now it's back.  I can't rotate to the right at all.  My mouse won't do it and normal tools won't do it either.  Anyone solve this yet?

I have a similar problem when I have the program maximized on my 4k monitor  (also disables the ability to turn morph dials to the right  as well).  Finally figured out that as long as I don't have the program maximized (at least on that monitor) things work fine.  On an additional note, the 3D mouse I got later appears to be completely unaffected by the glitch even in 4K maximized (though dials still get stuck).