I opened a scene in another version of DAZ, and now my figures' eyes are white?

RecktozRecktoz Posts: 18
edited August 2019 in New Users

[I opened a scene in another version of DAZ, and now my figures' eyes are white?] What caused this, and how can I fix it? It looks so strange.

Looks like this:

link removed

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• I've had to remove the image link as we don't allow nude figures on the forum - you could zoom in to show only the head of the figure. I've also copied the bulk of the question from the subject line and added it to the body of the post.

How did you bring the figure in - as a .duf file, or dod you export as OBJ and import that? OBJ would behave as you show - it loses the transparency from the eyes (and eyelashes, which is also evident in your image).

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

@Recktoz, I see your image/link is gone. Nudity isn't allowed in the forums or galleries. (Check this post about nudity.) Slap a swimsuit on that figure, render, and upload the new image.

Or add a camera and just render the face.

Also, we could use more info about the issue: Is this an Iray or 3Delight render? Which two versions of Daz? (4.11 and 4.12 Beta, perhaps?) And anything else you can think of that will help us help you figure out what's going on.

• RecktozRecktoz Posts: 18

@Richard Haseltine

I opened Daz, and double clicked on the Smart Content > Figures > Genesis 8 Basic Female to bring it into the scene, and then built it. Then I tried getting my hands on another version of Daz, but then when I opened the scene in that program, the eyes bugged out, and are now white.

@L'Adair

I rendered it with the "NVIDIA Iray" engine setting. Version of Daz is "DAZ Studio 4.10 Pro". I don't know how to slap a swimsuit on it, but I can paint over the delicate parts.

http://prnt.sc/onypcu

Recktoz said:

@Richard Haseltine

I opened Daz, and double clicked on the Smart Content > Figures > Genesis 8 Basic Female to bring it into the scene, and then built it. Then I tried getting my hands on another version of Daz, but then when I opened the scene in that program, the eyes bugged out, and are now white.

@L'Adair

I rendered it with the "NVIDIA Iray" engine setting. Version of Daz is "DAZ Studio 4.10 Pro". I don't know how to slap a swimsuit on it, but I can paint over the delicate parts.

http://prnt.sc/onypcu

LOL I meant dress her in a swimsuit. I don't think the G8F starter bundle included a swimsuit, but it does include some basic underwear.

Regardless, it looks like you may have applied a shader to the eyes and eyelashes. Not saying you did, only that without getting closer, to her face, that's what it looks like. I suggest you try applying the materials to the eyes and eyelashes.

In Smart Content, open the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials, (Click on the Products tab, type Starter in the filter field on the right, and select All Products on the left.) With the starter essentials open, in the left column click on Materials and drill-down to Iray > Feminine. There will be four H.Material(s) presets on the right. Double-click on Base MAT All Maps. This should apply all the materials including the skin, eyes and eyelashes. If the eyes look correct, you know what the problem is.

If you'd like to keep the current skin settings, you can now use Ctrl+Z to remove the change and then apply both eyes and eyelashes using presets from any G8 Female character you own:

With your figure selected, open Surfaces > Presets. Make sure the Filter by Context option in the lower left is enabled, and drill-down to Materials >Iray > Feminine. You will now see a list of all your G8 female characters. Look through these characters for a set of eyes you like and apply. Same with eyelashes.

Let us know whether or not this solves your problem.

• RecktozRecktoz Posts: 18
    edited August 2019

@LAdair

That worked! Thanks a lot dude!

Thank you for being very guiding and eloquent in your advice. I appreciate it

Post edited by Recktoz on
    Recktoz said:

@LAdair

That worked! Thanks a lot dude!

Thank you for being very guiding and eloquent in your advice. I appreciate it

You're welcome.

-L'Adair, (a dudette!)
    angel