Okay, Done with Poser, now with Daz Studio.... help?

AabhnormalAabhnormal Posts: 85

Poser has failed me for the last time... the fact that it won't work with IE 11 and their only solution was to buy Poser 10 just burns me to no end. But I have a massive Poser runtime that I've been using since 1999, that can't go away! Posette and Dork still make awesome stand-ins (And they are so fast to render!!!!) Besides there are still Posette and Dork jokes to be made!!! :)

Can that be imported in any way that won't take a week or two of tedious manual loading?

Also, I have some content that I purchased before I realized it would only work in P9 (I'm still on P8), but it WILL work with Genesis... Cool! New figures! :) the problem is when I click on the "Install" button in the store it says "Page not found" Okay, well then I manually download it.... but...um.... now what? I can't find a runtime in Daz Studio.... How in the world do I manually install something?

Thirdly... I have DAZ studio 4.0 Pro (I downloaded it a while back with the "Yeah... I'll do this at some point." Thing...) but there is a newer version? Does it upgrade straight? Did I purchase this version (Pro)? (Don't make fun of me, I've been buying things from DAZ at random whenever a sale comes up for years.... it's possible that I purchased the Pro version during a sale thinking I would try it...). Do I have to pay for the upgrade? (I'm unemployed at the moment, so no money can be spent on this project for a bit), is 4.0 going to be more of a pain to work with without an upgrade than P8?

Sorry to ask so many questions... This has been a frustrating week for me...

Comments

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 2013

Welcome to Daz and I'm sorry to hear about your week :-S

There'll be more experienced people who can give you far better advice than I ever could (I still consider myself a noob) but as far as I know you should be able to use most Poser content in Daz; the library is set up that way.

And the upgrade to D|S 4.6 should be free :)

Post edited by 3dLux on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

First download 4.6 the latest build and try DIM too for bought Daz stuff

in preferences there is an option under content management to add Poser formats, add your runtimes there and they will appear under Poser formats in content library.

I have Poser 7, 8 debut and PP12 and content directory in all work still so far so think there is a solution, there is a thread on it somewhere here.
    mine strategy so far is to not update adobe air. You can try rolling it back (Adobe Air) , if you have system backups you can with most programs.

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited December 1969

I had to add the Poser library 4 times. There's was the main library and the Download library added to both the DAZ and runtime formats. Actually the main library didn't have much DAZ specific, but the Download had quite a bit.

• AabhnormalAabhnormal Posts: 85
    edited December 1969

Thanks guys!

So.... Whenever I try to download Studio Pro from Daz, I go to "Products", click "Daz Studio Pro" and that takes me to a page which says "Register and get DAZ Studio Pro free" And below that there is "Already a member? Login here to get your DAZ Studio Pro". I click that (Since I've been a member here a long time) and it gives me two options: "Don't have install manager?" And "Already have Install Manager". It doesn't matter which one I click, the next page is "My Dashboard".... and the last order on it is 12/20/12 (Exactly a year ago... wow... I've been poor a while... :( ). Anyway, no downloads, just silence... Can someone tell me how to download Daz Studio 4.6?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

What version # are you trying to get

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

I don't use Install Manager, but in your Dashboard page you should be able to go into your Product Library and download Daz Studio 4.6 from there.