Why do eyes in DS look completely lifeless?

edited December 1969 in New Users

I've tried all sorts of settings for iris, cornea, etc in DS and every render produces the same result...completely dead looking eyes with no reflection, no sparkle, nothing except a lifeless texture. In poser you simply load the eye texture preset and straight away the eyes reflect and look alive. Why can DS not achieve this by default, rather than by default giving you flat, lifeless eyes?

Is there a preset or set of params anyone knows that can be saved and reloaded? BTW I have tried rendering on every setting available, high, medium, low, open GL, delight etc etc.

Thanks very much for any advice.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

If you are using real reflections, is there anything in the scene for the eyes to reflect?

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

Is there anything in the scene for the eyes to reflect, or do the eyes have built in reflections.

• edited December 2013

I worked it out: I see I have to first load the basic head presets on Genesis figures. Then if I load an eye preset it does reflect even without setting lights and looks fine now. What is missing however is the effect of ambience. Ambience should work on the eye whites to compensate if the scene is very dark and you want the eye whites to glow a little. But setting ambient colour even to plain white, switching it on then slider to maximum, no ambience!

What am I doing wrong? BTW I am applying this to the sclera which is the DS equivalent to "eye white" in Poser.

EDIT: I see now. Ambience seems only to appear in a full render. Pity it won't show in preview. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Post edited by rob-young_652bf24516 on
  • TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

All of them are Norwegian models. (trust me)
    One of them though, has no brains. (you know what I mean)
    Try to pick that one.

NorgeModels.jpg
    880 x 640 - 143K
  • efron_24efron_24 Posts: 473
    edited December 2013

I would say 5, but it proberbly is 6.

Post edited by efron_24 on
  • Leo ChenLeo Chen Posts: 697
    edited December 2013

1 or 4 ?

Proberly 10! ;-P

Post edited by Leo Chen on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,846
    edited December 1969

Number 6

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,313
    edited December 1969

Bejaymac said:
    Number 6

Agree

• efron_24efron_24 Posts: 473
    edited December 1969

when will you let us know. I lean towards 6 even more

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

It is number 6.
    Kara Norge Elegance by Phoenix1966, bought on Rendo couple of years ago.
    The other eight images were found on Google Images yesterday with norwegian models as search item.
    All cropped and resized of course.

My point is: there is no such thing as lifeless eyes in DAZ is there?
    It is a combination of: experience, creativity, what you have in your content folder, it is what you make of it.

Kara.jpg
    800 x 675 - 84K