Preview Of New Metals Package For BRYCE!

Saul_RosenbergSaul_Rosenberg Posts: 0
edited December 2013 in Freebies

Hi guys, the metals are all done - now I am prepping the complete package that will SOON be posted at my SHARE CG gallery at :
http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=kopernicus
I have been working on this thing for about three weeks, and hopefully you guys will get this before xmas. There are 200 metals in the package.

dalek2.jpg
433 x 662 - 132K
dalek1.jpg
513 x 649 - 114K
ED209.jpg
536 x 594 - 222K
Terminator1.jpg
319 x 656 - 91K
Metals_Preview.jpg
476 x 421 - 68K
Post edited by Saul_Rosenberg on

Comments

• Saul_RosenbergSaul_Rosenberg Posts: 0
    edited December 2013

Here is more examples:

martianwalker.jpg
    602 x 686 - 344K
    Cylon.jpg
    288 x 668 - 80K
    edited December 2013

Two more examples for what I have tested thus far...:

R2D2.jpg
    480 x 586 - 110K
    C3PO.jpg
    384 x 674 - 103K
  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Very nice work! Looks like a well thought out collection of metals for all occasions. There's only one downside, though...I'm still trying to use up all your glass materials and have only scratched the surface. Now you come along with a whole bunch of new stuff! Oh, agony...there goes my Christmas vacation! And worse yet, with both packages there's unlimited combinations! I'll never get through these!

Seriously, this looks great. I've already have been having a blast with the glass and now I can look forward to hours more of entertainment from these. Thank you very much.

• Teresa TylloTeresa Tyllo Posts: 141
    edited December 1969

Beautiful work, Saul! I'm going to sharecg to download them after this replay.
    Thank you so much! :)

edited December 2013

Wait Teresa, they aren't posted there yet - but should be up within the next two weeks, still making Bryce scenes and objects for the package docs. Also - kudos to Lord Ganthor! You should like these. I like making metals so I'm sure that this isn't the last metals package that I will be making. And now - another Dalek (this time, an imperial Dalek - I just luuuuuv Daleks)! Lol. Oh - let me throw in a drone Dalek to :) !

Just to clarify - I did not actually create these models, but acquired them untextured - and in some cases - unmapped and ungrouped - from various sources throughout the internet. I am completely retexturing / recoloring them in Bryce with MY materials - just to demonstrate my materials. Some of these 3D .3ds, .obj., .lws, and .wrl models that I found and downloaded had meshes that were so torn up and damaged that I had to import them into WINGS3D and repair the meshes and eliminate the collapses, polywebs, and null polygons. I do model - and will also be submitting those as separate packages at some later date. I just like experimenting.

Dalek4.jpg
    463 x 652 - 47K
    imperialdalek1.jpg
    568 x 674 - 75K
    edited December 1969

I created 3 more mats that have been added to the mix, as a result - a vastly improved "ED209" test figure:

ED209.jpg
    703 x 682 - 91K
    edited December 2013

A few more mat tests:

Great_Lion.jpg
    403 x 625 - 68K
    RobbyTheRobot.jpg
    440 x 680 - 56K
    Liberty.jpg
    272 x 675 - 48K
    B9Robot.jpg
    371 x 689 - 59K
    edited December 2013

The goal for developing these mats is to enable Bryce to create more realistic scenes. It seems that Bryce has taken a back seat to DAZ Studio, I hope that this doesn't result in Bryce fading out completely because - from where I'm sitting - Bryce is an incredible program, and one of the big reasons, I believe, that it isn't as of yet more popular is that #1, the available materials are limited and of a very basic quality - and #2, the ability to model - and to both modify imported models of other formats, and to convert them to Bryce objects - has not really been highlighted. Popularity is all about the amount of the promotional and P.R. efforts in that more has to be shown concerning ALL of Bryce's capabilities, not about the capabilities of the app itself (in my opinion). I also believe that making materials importation backwards compatible is very important because the user may want to keep materials that they have made in the past for use in future versions, as it is easier to tweak them in the materials room than to create entirely new versions of them.

My reasoning is that the more good quality materials and other accessories become available - either free, included with the app, or sold at very reasonable prices - the more of a rebound Bryce gets. I feel that the scant amount of materials that Bryce comes with is simply not enough of a good beginning library.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Free materials are always good, but Have you seen the Pro content that come with Bryce 7 pro, all 670 MB of it? That is not really a scant amount.

edited December 2013

chohole said:
    Free materials are always good, but Have you seen the Pro content that come with Bryce 7 pro, all 670 MB of it? That is not really a scant amount.

Oh no - your right Clohole - it's certainly nothing to sneeze at. I have the version of Bryce Pro that was snagged during the big "multi program giveaway" a while back (I have Bryce 6 and 6.3, as well as Bryce 5.1 and Bryce 5.5) - I don't have the latest update on B7 Pro. I figure that the least I could do is make folks lots of free stuff so that - if I got Bryce 7 pro for free - at least EVERYBODY benefits in some way from that, lol :).

I'm just saying that DAZ could offer more materials packages and other stuff for Bryce - and promote it a little more - that's all.

I'm trying to expand Bryce for everybody - it's a lot of work - but I love doing it, lots of fun!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Well David B and Horo do keep churning things out. We could certainly do with some more Bryce PAs though.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Well David B and Horo do keep churning things out. We could certainly do with some more Bryce PAs though.

Agreed!