Modern Metro Bus

RakudaRakuda Posts: 931
edited July 2019 in Product Suggestions

An Urban Metro Bus resembling a Gillig model bus that is common in cities would be cool to add to the Daz Studio Store. Any other urban transportation or civil uniforms would be cool. So many of the alternatives are a bit outmoded.

36E39D35-38CA-4333-8FE2-02644B10D0CA.jpeg
640 x 365 - 70K
68F1680F-22B4-4999-A5C6-A1ABCD2E9962.png
900 x 674 - 887K
C036A0DC-8C40-43CF-8FA1-DD56F6CFAABA.jpeg
960 x 540 - 118K
Post edited by Rakuda on

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604

Quite a few in here https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-model/bus?max_price=100&min_price=1

if you wait for DAZ to come out with a model of anything you might need, chances are you will never get it.

• RakudaRakuda Posts: 931
    edited July 2019

@FSMCDesigns Yeah, I actually have one from there. Cost an arm and a leg too. Just would be cool to have something in the Daz Store. Also civil vehicles like modern police cars or fire trucks etc. it is nice when I can support the Daz Store versus other places. But I do get a lot of odd bits over there. I commission things on CGTrader too that I can’t get here as well. Suppose I could make it and package it for Daz. Still haven't Taken that leap yet.

:)

Post edited by Rakuda on
  • sjaammonssjaammons Posts: 185
    Rakuda said:

@FSMCDesigns Yeah, I actually have one from there. Cost an arm and a leg too. Just would be cool to have something in the Daz Store. Also civil vehicles like modern police cars or fire trucks etc. it is nice when I can support the Daz Store versus other places. But I do get a lot of odd bits over there. I commission things on CGTrader too that I can’t get here as well. Suppose I could make it and package it for Daz. Still haven't Taken that leap yet.

:)

They did come out with a bundle of modern police vehicles awhile back that look pretty nice:https://www.daz3d.com/police-vehicles-bundle

but as far as the main topic..it is BIZARRE that there hasn't been a SINGLE good modern transit bus model made for Daz...when this shop is littered with a half dozen bus stop sets and some bus stop poses. Like WTH? LOL

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604
    sjaammons said:

They did come out with a bundle of modern police vehicles awhile back that look pretty nice:https://www.daz3d.com/police-vehicles-bundle

but as far as the main topic..it is BIZARRE that there hasn't been a SINGLE good modern transit bus model made for Daz...when this shop is littered with a half dozen bus stop sets and some bus stop poses. Like WTH? LOL

LMAO, that is a good point.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,930

Stezza made a nice Carrara one

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

All those bus stops but no buses.  Talk about waiting for the bus to arrive.  The ultimate suspence.

edited August 2019
    Mattymanx said:

All those bus stops but no buses.  Talk about waiting for the bus to arrive.  The ultimate suspence.

Seriously, hell not even Rendo has good options. There's dozens of nice vintage buses, but like only 1 modern bus, and its like a Spain based one.

Whoever ends up making the first Greyhound parody modern bus for the Daz store will be rolling in BANK mark my words, (HINT...HINT...)

Post edited by sjaammons on
  • odasteinodastein Posts: 606
    edited August 2019
    sjaammons said:
    Mattymanx said:

Seriously, hell not even Rendo has good options. There's dozens of nice vintage buses, but like only 1 modern bus, and its like a Spain based one.

Whoever ends up making the first Greyhound parody modern bus for the Daz store will be rolling in BANK mark my words, (HINT...HINT...)

Why would you assume so? I'm European, so if I need a bus, I'll be if anything more likely to buy a version more familiar to me. And in fact, I'll probably buy any modern bus, because the exact look of the bus is unlikely to matter much.

In fact, I'm likely to buy what looks rather generic. Some assets are very typical of some countries, which might not fit your context, or, if it does it might not be reusable. For instance, there's a charming double-decker vintage bus product that I own, but I can hardly use it and pretend that the scene is anywhere else than in London around 1960. If greyhound buses screams "USA" too much, I probably won't have much use for one either. If, on the other hand, Greyhound buses aren't particularly notable (apart, say, for a color scheme), then there's no aprticular reason to pick them rather than the Spanish bus. So, I assume that the artist making the first Greyhound parody is only going to particularly appeal to a small subset of potential customers who absolutely want an American looking bus. The rest will either go with any kind of modern bus. or will avoid the Greyhound because it doesn't fit. I don't see it as a likely fortune-maker, especially since there probably aren't that many people wanting to buy a bus to begin with. 

For the record, I'm in fact a potential bus-buyer (any public transportation system, really : bus, subway, train...)

ETA : after googling for images, Greyhound buses seem to come in all sorts of shapes and forms, and don't seem particularly notable, apart indeed for the color scheme and the brand. So, I guess that a PA's best bet would be to provide several color schemes for his bus, including a Greyhound copycat one if he thinks there might be a sizable market for such, and another more generic one. I don't think there's any European bus company with a large enough share of the market to be really notable (like Greyhound in the USA) and would deserve a specific makeup. Maybe Eurolines, that is *relatively* well known, but I doubt anybody would want specifically an *Eurolines* bus asset, and nothing else, so I guess that generic would be perfectly fine for Europe. .

Post edited by odastein on
    odastein said:
    sjaammons said:
    Mattymanx said:

Why would you assume so? I'm European, so if I need a bus, I'll be if anything more likely to buy a version more familiar to me. And in fact, I'll probably buy any modern bus, because the exact look of the bus is unlikely to matter much.

In fact, I'm likely to buy what looks rather generic. Some assets are very typical of some countries, which might not fit your context, or, if it does it might not be reusable. For instance, there's a charming double-decker vintage bus product that I own, but I can hardly use it and pretend that the scene is anywhere else than in London around 1960. If greyhound buses screams "USA" too much, I probably won't have much use for one either. If, on the other hand, Greyhound buses aren't particularly notable (apart, say, for a color scheme), then there's no aprticular reason to pick them rather than the Spanish bus. So, I assume that the artist making the first Greyhound parody is only going to particularly appeal to a small subset of potential customers who absolutely want an American looking bus. The rest will either go with any kind of modern bus. or will avoid the Greyhound because it doesn't fit. I don't see it as a likely fortune-maker, especially since there probably aren't that many people wanting to buy a bus to begin with. 

For the record, I'm in fact a potential bus-buyer (any public transportation system, really : bus, subway, train...)

ETA : after googling for images, Greyhound buses seem to come in all sorts of shapes and forms, and don't seem particularly notable, apart indeed for the color scheme and the brand. So, I guess that a PA's best bet would be to provide several color schemes for his bus, including a Greyhound copycat one if he thinks there might be a sizable market for such, and another more generic one. I don't think there's any European bus company with a large enough share of the market to be really notable (like Greyhound in the USA) and would deserve a specific makeup. Maybe Eurolines, that is *relatively* well known, but I doubt anybody would want specifically an *Eurolines* bus asset, and nothing else, so I guess that generic would be perfectly fine for Europe. .

Well I used Greyhound as just an example. the point is there isn't any Daz friendly American modern transit buses. Like there's historical busses, specific busses like the London double decker, but no decent generic modern bus.

• I get a feeling that, except for wardrobe, there seems to be a lot of props based on pre-1970s culture.  There is no modern amusement park, - just a vintage carnival set.  There are not very many modern vehicles - mostly those from prior to 1980, possibly (though I did find at least two Chevrolet vehicles on Renderosity that could be classified "modern", assuming modern refers to "2000 and beyond".

It seems as if the creators are more interested in replicating older and antique items and not modern stuff, but do you suppose copyright issues could be the reason for the lack of content based on modern-day pop culture?

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

There's a new bus over at Rendo that looks interesting: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/modjo-citybus/139234/

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495
    edited September 2019

Quite a few in here https://www.turbosquid.com/3d-model/bus?max_price=100&min_price=1

if you wait for DAZ to come out with a model of anything you might need, chances are you will never get it.

Daz in a nutshell.

You want something useful and original? Never going to happen.

You want a another set of pair of panties or a cute white girl who looks like any one of a billion others? Don't worry, PAs have you covered.

Post edited by Psyckosama on
  • There are a bunch of buses for sale on ShareCG I see now

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    edited September 2019

There are a bunch of buses for sale on ShareCG I see now

Those have been there for a while, but nothing specifically for Daz, which is what one would prefer.  I can understand why PAs aren't excited to make them, since they'd be a lot of work for uncertain return.  City buses are part of my daily life and I like contemporary everyday stuff, so I'd buy a good one, but I'm not sure I'm typical.

Update: I got a tip from a PA about a serviceable bus someone else made with Iray mats just posted you-know-where.  Exterior is kind of plain, but the interior's nice enough.

Post edited by Sevrin on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

One JUST dropped at Rendo today! :)

• RKane_1 said:

oooh, whats it called :)

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    sjaammons said:
    RKane_1 said:

oooh, whats it called :)

Modjo_ citybus.  It's on the first page.