Maclean Home One Products

MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
edited December 1969 in The Commons

For products like Home One Kitchen, or Home One Bathroom, etc. do they include the actual room, or just the props in the room?

Please advise.

-MJ

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 2013

the room itself was sold separate.

Post edited by Mistara on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

The Home One House that they go in is here: http://www.daz3d.com/home-one-house

There's a Home One Apartment as well but I'm not 100% on how it fits in.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 1969

Home One Apartment contains all 5 rooms, and each Home One Pack, (Living-room, Kitchen, Bathroom, Bedroom) contain furniture pre-posed and built to fit into the various rooms. Home One House is the exterior structure - walls, roof, etc - plus the loft, which is a separate upstairs area, and the entire apartment fits inside it.

Hope this helps.

mac

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

maclean said:
    Home One Apartment contains all 5 rooms, and each Home One Pack, (Living-room, Kitchen, Bathroom, Bedroom) contain furniture pre-posed and built to fit into the various rooms. Home One House is the exterior structure - walls, roof, etc - plus the loft, which is a separate upstairs area, and the entire apartment fits inside it.

Hope this helps.

mac

Very important clarification, thank you maclean!

I have some of these sets - the bathroom in particular I've used a lot - but I've tended to just throw in three walls from primitives rather than using the superstructures since they're generally close-in scenes.

edited December 1969

maclean said:

Hope this helps.

mac

Very important clarification, thank you maclean!

I have some of these sets - the bathroom in particular I've used a lot - but I've tended to just throw in three walls from primitives rather than using the superstructures since they're generally close-in scenes.

Remember that you don't need to load the whole apartment. You can load each room individually. It would be quicker to load the bathroom than create walls from primitives. ANd of course, it loads with all the textures already on it.

mac

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

Thanks Maclean.

-MJ

edited December 2013

That brings me to another question. In Home One Apartment, can the rooms be reorganized?
    Can rooms be duplicated? For example, if i want to add another "bathroom" (upper left hand corner room i assume), and place it in the living room where the stairs to the attic (again, i assume) is to make another smaller bedroom; is that doable?
    And there is mentioning of a "Utility Room", where is it?

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on
    edited December 2013

MJ007 said:
    That brings me to another question. In Home One Apartment, can the rooms be reorganized?
    Can rooms be duplicated? For example, if i want to add another "bathroom" (upper left hand corner room i assume), and place it in the living room where the stairs to the attic (again, i assume) is to make another smaller bedroom; is that doable?
    And there is mentioning of a "Utility Room", where is it?

-MJ

Yes, you can add rooms (within reason). Here's a quick render of a 2nd bathroom added to the living room. Actually, in this position, all you need to add is a wall, but you'd probably want a different setup from the one I used. (After I did the render and closed DS, I noticed I'd used a wall with no door. I should have used the opposite wall. Doh!)

Here's the deal. Most of the pieces from Home One and Room Creator are interchangable (including wall textures). I used the same measurements for both sets. When I added that bathroom in the render, all I did was load it and use the RC toolbar poses to move it into position. (Each 'jump' is a step of 170cm, so even if you don't have RC, it's not difficult to do. Just use multiples of 170). If you have RC and wanted a room shape that isn't in Home One, it's possible to create it, and it'll fit into the apartment.

The Utility Room is really just an empty area in the kitchen. When the 2nd kitchen wall is switched on, that area behind it, (bottom left of the render) is the utility area.

mac

01.jpg
    800 x 787 - 151K
    Post edited by maclean on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

My main question is why I didn't pounce on some of these when your store was 30 or 40% off in last day or so! ;)

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I love these sets. Very versatile.

One problem I have though, is that the toolbar that you can add to make moving things easier has changed to text. Anyone know why, and how can I get it back to icons.

Home_One_toolbar.jpg
    1091 x 719 - 252K
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

maclean said:

Hope this helps.

mac

AH! This helps so much! I actually avoided the Home One stuff, because I had no clear idea how it all hung together, despite having the Bungalow, Suburban House, and a ton of your other interiors.

-- Morgan

edited December 1969

Awesome! Thanks again Maclean!

-MJ

edited December 1969

wilmap said:

One problem I have though, is that the toolbar that you can add to make moving things easier has changed to text. Anyone know why, and how can I get it back to icons.

What's happened is that the paths to the icons have changed. I suspect it's because you may have moved the Toolbar folder after installing the toolbar. It should be in this folder

daz studio/content/Maclean/Room Creator/Room Creator 2/Toolbar

If you press F3 in Daz Studio to get the Customise dialog, and expand 'Custom' in the left-hand pane, you'll see the toolbar actions. Right-click on one and choose 'Edit custom Action' from the menu. In the new dialog, you'll see the file path to the action. If it doesn't correspond to the file location, you have 2 choices. Either move the folder to the correct place, or edit each action to match the new location, so they find the icons. Do that by pressing the Browse button (with the dots .....) and find the correct file for that action.

Let me know if this solves it for you.

mac

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    My main question is why I didn't pounce on some of these when your store was 30 or 40% off in last day or so! ;)

Heh. One thing about DAZ...... you always know there'll be another sale sooner or later.

mac

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

maclean said:
    SimonJM said:

Heh. One thing about DAZ...... you always know there'll be another sale sooner or later.

mac
    Yes, I think that both makes me happy and scares me in equal measure ;)

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

maclean said:
    wilmap said:

What's happened is that the paths to the icons have changed. I suspect it's because you may have moved the Toolbar folder after installing the toolbar. It should be in this folder

daz studio/content/Maclean/Room Creator/Room Creator 2/Toolbar

If you press F3 in Daz Studio to get the Customise dialog, and expand 'Custom' in the left-hand pane, you'll see the toolbar actions. Right-click on one and choose 'Edit custom Action' from the menu. In the new dialog, you'll see the file path to the action. If it doesn't correspond to the file location, you have 2 choices. Either move the folder to the correct place, or edit each action to match the new location, so they find the icons. Do that by pressing the Browse button (with the dots .....) and find the correct file for that action.

Let me know if this solves it for you.

mac

The Toolbar is in the place you have quoted! I have removed the toolbar using your script and then added it again several times before, but for some reason it changes back to text after a few days! No idea why. It's easy enough to remove/add but was just wondering why it was happening. Thanks anyway.

edited December 1969

there was some chat a few years back about making a Home One bundle?

edited December 2013

wilmap said:

The Toolbar is in the place you have quoted! I have removed the toolbar using your script and then added it again several times before, but for some reason it changes back to text after a few days! No idea why. It's easy enough to remove/add but was just wondering why it was happening. Thanks anyway.

That's weird. In fact, I'm baffled. The only hting I can think of to try editing one custom action to the right path (which will be correct anyway), and see if it holds. If it does, do all the others.

mac

edited December 1969

there was some chat a few years back about making a Home One bundle?

Yes, I haven't forgotten it. I just forgot to ask DAZ about it - lol. I'll e-mail Kevin now and see what he says.

mac

edited December 1969

Update - we're going ahead with a Home One bundle and it should appear some time after christmas. The price is still to be decided, but the discount I've proposed is pretty substantial.

mac

edited December 1969

Kewl! :)

so far; i only have the Home One Bathroom, Home One Kitchen

edited December 1969

OK, the bundle won't appear as soon as I thought. Setting up the rpmos today, I suddenly remembered why I didn't get to this months ago. I have to make some changes to Home One Kitchen, and it'll end up being a complete update. I'll do that and upload it first, then the bundle. Hopefully within 2 weeks, but that's me being optimistic.

mac

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

maclean said:
    I have to make some changes to Home One Kitchen, and it'll end up being a complete update.

Is this to do with the furniture presets overlapping the room's living room hatch and hallway door? Been a while since I last used this set, I'd forgotten as well.
  • sfaa69sfaa69 Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

You are not alone, Wendy. I have had the same problem with the toolbar, and I use the same remedy that you have been using. No idea why it does what it does.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:

...same here.
    edited December 1969

maclean said:
    I have to make some changes to Home One Kitchen, and it'll end up being a complete update.

Is this to do with the furniture presets overlapping the room's living room hatch and hallway door? Been a while since I last used this set, I'd forgotten as well.

Yes, that's one issue, (whicht all came about because I updated the apartment and didn't take the presets into acount). I've spent the last 2 days looking at the whole thing, and I'm more or less rebuilding it. I've decided that one large unit is too awkward, so I'm going to split it into several units which can be either used as one piece, or moved around the kitchen individually. Right now, I've only tackled the main unit. No doubt when I get to the others, I'll see things I'd like to improve too.

mac

edited December 2013

sfaa69 said:
    You are not alone, Wendy. I have had the same problem with the toolbar, and I use the same remedy that you have been using. No idea why it does what it does.

This is weird. Can either of you try something for me?

Go to the content folder Maclean/Room Creator/Room Creator 2/Toolbar and right-click any one of the poses. Choose 'Create custom action'.
    Now go to F3 customise, select the action (it'll be at the bottom of the list in custom), and right-click it choosing 'change icon'. Browse to the Toolbar folder and select its .png.
    In the right-hand pane of Customise, click on the Tool Bars tab, expand RC QuickPose and drag the new action over onto it. Click OK on the Customise dialog, and the new action should appear on the toolbar with its icon. And hopefully stay there.

If it doesn't, then it must be some sort of bug in DS. You could also do the same as above with any other DS preset and a random icon to see if it works or not.

I don't think it's an issue with the Toolbar. It's a completely new version which was rewritten for DS 4. And anyway, losing icons isn't something it ever did, even in the old version.

mac

• sfaa69sfaa69 Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

I deleted your toolbar, which was still the icons, as it should be, and closed Studio. I then followed your directions until I got to the part about expanding RC QuickPose. The attached is what my screen looks like once I click on the Toolbars Tab. What do I do next?

Screenshot_(8).png
    1920 x 1080 - 303K
    edited December 2013

sfaa69 said:
    I deleted your toolbar, which was still the icons, as it should be, and closed Studio. I then followed your directions until I got to the part about expanding RC QuickPose. The attached is what my screen looks like once I click on the Toolbars Tab. What do I do next?

Ahhh... unfortunately, you shouldn't have deleted the toolbar. Because when you try to drag an action to it, it won't be there.

What you could do is just create a new toolbar and drag the action to it. Like this.

In the Tool Bars pane of Customise, right-click on any name (like Help, for example), and choose 'Add Toolbar'.
    Give it a name, then drag the custom action to it as described above. You can always delete the new toolbar later.

What I was trying to find out was if adding an action to the RC QuickPose toolbar directly from the content pane works properly and keeps the icon.

mac