There's something wrong with displaying Valea's shop

cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
edited December 2013 in The Commons

Hello there,

I'd like to ask each of you interested in Valea's products, do you have similar problems with seeing her shop today? Some of her hairstyles vanished from her page and display under DAZ 3D's shop. Moreover, new sets designed for Olympia apparently moved through Michelle's hands - I recognize the textures she uses, I recognize the shape of the model. I'm sure that Persephone Hair for Gen2F is her own creation. But there's no mention of her.

What does it mean? Did she sell the rights to some of her products? Does it mean there will be DAZ Originals made by her?

Post edited by cecilia.robinson on

Comments

• ArvanorArvanor Posts: 47
    edited December 1969

These are DAZ Originals that were created by my fiance Valea.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

I've reported the missing artist credit on the Olympia hair pages, so hopefully this will be sorted out once DAZ is in the office.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Any item in the store with DAZ3D listed in the vendor line is a DAZ Original. The reality is, all (or nearly all) of the products sold in the store are made by various PA's. DAZ Originals are those products DAZ purchases outright. As in the purchase the full rights including the copyright to the product.

Most DAZ Originals still list the vendor who created them in the vendor line and they will show up in the vendor's store. However, there are exceptions.

Vendors who break off their relationship with DAZ for one reason or another may request to have their name removed from the vendor line or DAZ may decide to remove it.

Stonemason recently culled his catalog. He created a large number of products in the early days that DAZ purchased for the PC. When he culled his catalog, he asked DAZ to remove his name from the vendor line on these products.

And then there are the store glitches. The PC has had a recent run of disappearing PC items that the PC admins have to alert the IT's need to be added back to the catalog.

• ValeaValea Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

Hi there, :-)

yes, I've created Persephone and Thalia Hair. My name is missing from them because I have asked DAZ to remove the Originals from my store. There's nothing wrong between DAZ and me but I have done so many DAZ Originals lately that my "own" products were hardly visible between them. I will of course continue to do DAZ Originals in the future. But I suppose that as long as there is no other way for listing the PA who has created them, my name won't be visible anymore.
    I can see that this is a little difficult for someone who is trying to find a special model that was made by me and I'm very sorry for this. But it was the only way to keep my own stuff from drowning between them while still continuing to produce DAZ O's.

• cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Michelle, as you can see, your models and textures are very distinctive. I recognized them immediately despite not seeing your nick. However, is there a way for a normal user to subscribe to your shop so that I can see each time you release something, be it DAZ Original or your PA product? I know some shops have this feature (compare Rendo and DriveThruRPG for example). This would be great.

PS Does it mean I can grab those DAZ Originals with applicable promotions??? And is that ubergorgeous Spiderqueen Hair a DO or not? ;)

• ValeaValea Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

Thank you.:-)
    I'm not sure. I know that it was possible before the store was changed but I don't know if that feature is available anymore. I think I haven't seen it but that doesn't mean much.
    *lol* Yes, that should be possible - but unfortunately not on this one. The Spiderqueen is still mine.:-)