Ghostblade for Genesis 8 Female(s) [Commercial]

Herschel HoffmeyerHerschel Hoffmeyer Posts: 586
edited August 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Ghostblade for Genesis 8 Female(s) [Commercial]

Get it Here!

Post edited by Herschel Hoffmeyer on

Comments

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Nice work! I will have to see If I can find some footwear to go with it but other than that totally awesome! I am seeing magazine pouches, does this imply perhaps some type of sidearm and if so will it live in some kind of holster?

Thanks for the great products!

• Sigurd said:

Nice work! I will have to see If I can find some footwear to go with it but other than that totally awesome! I am seeing magazine pouches, does this imply perhaps some type of sidearm and if so will it live in some kind of holster?

Thanks for the great products!

Thanks! The pouches on this product would be more leaning toward rifle magazines however there is a strong possibility of a side arm coming at you here soon with right equipment to go along with it.

• N3p3nth3N3p3nth3 Posts: 129

Your products are the main reason I'm making the switch to genesis 8, just FYI. :)

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,558

Nice, I want to see her and Quiet from MGS go at it, LOL

And to think some users complain about heels in fantasy armor sets, I don't see the issue, LOL

• N3p3nth3 said:

Your products are the main reason I'm making the switch to genesis 8, just FYI. :)

Haha thanks, that's a big compliment. I will be working on much more Genesis 8 stuff in the future as well.

Lol, yeap.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

And to think some users complain about heels in fantasy armor sets, I don't see the issue, LOL

There isn't anything wrong with them if that's what lights your rocket. :) I personally prefer not to, because of how impractical they'd be for my characters to run around in, much less fight in. Some artists just want a fantasy aesthetic, whereas others prefer realism. It's a personal choice, that's all.

• N3p3nth3N3p3nth3 Posts: 129

There isn't anything wrong with them if that's what lights your rocket. :) I personally prefer not to, because of how impractical they'd be for my characters to run around in, much less fight in. Some artists just want a fantasy aesthetic, whereas others prefer realism. It's a personal choice, that's all.

And the beauty of the system is that if both varieties are available, you can kitbash to your heart's content. I know I'm going to try this one out with a variety of footwear etc.

Btw. how lefty friendly is the sword going to be?

• N3p3nth3 said:

Btw. how lefty friendly is the sword going to be?

Righty only on this one.

Sigurd said:

I am seeing magazine pouches, does this imply perhaps some type of sidearm and if so will it live in some kind of holster?

A little something in the works...

A Machine Pistol that will include all the bells and whistles. Holster for either hand or both (dual weilding). Holster also houses a mag. I will be including some mag pouches as well tailored to these specific magazines (standard and extended). Will also come with poses, firing effects, texture varitions, etc. Going to follow up this weapon with at least one more... something beefy. Then porobably going to knock out the exo-suit.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Thank you. I would buy this for the sidearm and poses alone. Great job! The working slide is a great feature.

• A little tease of the upcoming Harbinger Machine Pistol (that will include add-ons and presets for the Ghostblade and ATLAS outfits or even as a stand-alone) and texture expansion for the Ghostblade outfit. The Ghostblade texture expansion will feature quite a few texture options and ranging in many styles. Weapon includes a holster, magazine pouches (for both standard and extended mags), add-on effects such as a laser, firing effects, shells ejectiong, opening slide, etc. Full body poses includede as well, not just partials. Oh yeah, 10 texture options ('factory stock black' seen in image below).

• Herschel HoffmeyerHerschel Hoffmeyer Posts: 586
    edited August 2019

So Texture Pack was declined due to being submitted past the products relase date. I don't want the work to go to waste so I will be either adding the texture expansion to the main product (as a free update) or releasing it on my own personal website I will be launching soon. Waiting to hear back from Daz before I let you know where I release it. Texture pack comes with over 40 material options btw, it's pretty hefty.

Update: It will be a free update to main product.

I've seen lots of texture expansion packs for existing products which were after they got released! Why have they changed this?

edited August 2019

I've seen lots of texture expansion packs for existing products which were after they got released! Why have they changed this?

Well they told me it has been a long existing policy but asked where this policy is written down for new PA's to find and be aware of (so weeks of work and time don't get wasted) and they said it's not. frown So only way to find out is to ask about a policy you have no idea exists or spend three weeks creating content and find out the hard way (and lose money). Hopefully Daz gets these hidden policies put up some where. I was told they will accept new texture packs that include add-ons post-release so maybe that's what you're thinking of but seems like a weird policy to have but I'm not running the show so I'm sure they have their reasons. I know many artist here create great content but textures are very lacking so only way for a artist to create a texture pack for another product is to add to it with new geometry as well.

This is a bizarre change. Guessing Dz Fire's recent UCMC add-ons for your Atlas product got around it due to the helmet prop? If so, maybe include a small additional prop to do similar?

Now I'm curious how Jack Tomalin has been able to make Iray update expansions for their older generation products.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

This is a bizarre change. Guessing Dz Fire's recent UCMC add-ons for your Atlas product got around it due to the helmet prop? If so, maybe include a small additional prop to do similar?

Now I'm curious how Jack Tomalin has been able to make Iray update expansions for their older generation products.

The most recent of these had some extra ivy. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Is the texture update still coming or has it been scrapped, either way love the outfit

edited August 2019
    jedijudd said:

Is the texture update still coming or has it been scrapped, either way love the outfit

I believe it came out today as the Ghostblade store page has been updated and displays the additional content. Have you checked your Intsall Manager to see if an update is ready to download?

Edit: I downloaded the product myself from the Daz Install Manager and the new textures are included so they should be there.

Double Edit: This could also be because I'm the content creator, so if it's not there for you, I imagine it will be in the next few days or so.

• JPiatJPiat Posts: 68

The size of the file is now 150 MB, the new textures are definitively here.

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Thank you for the texture update they look great