Tyrannosaurus Rex 3 Expansion [Commercial]

Post edited by Herschel Hoffmeyer on

Comments

• Romulus71Romulus71 Posts: 141

Another must buy! ETA?

• Romulus71 said:

Another must buy! ETA?

It's just waiting to receive a release date in PASS which I cannot share unfortunately. Very soon though.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

Damn fine work! I love the 3.1 morph, lots of detail!

• RbugRbug Posts: 166

Herschel you've been a very busy guy I see...... Eeeesh I am gonna go broke again.........:)

• maraichmaraich Posts: 489

EEEEEEEEE! So amazing.

• ArtbyphilArtbyphil Posts: 91
    edited July 2019

Just grabbed this looks great. One thing though for some reason the 8K green texture seems to be missing. Just says LOCK in the foulder and complains when i unzip It. I downloaded it a couple of times and did it both times so dont think the download went wrong.

Cheers.

Update: actually it seems to load even though the green 8K folder seesm to have no texture  in it so I'm a bit confused as to how thats happening ! :)

Post edited by Artbyphil on
  • Artbyphil said:

Just grabbed this looks great. One thing though for some reason the 8K green texture seems to be missing. Just says LOCK in the foulder and complains when i unzip It. I downloaded it a couple of times and did it both times so dont think the download went wrong.

Cheers.

Update: actually it seems to load even though the green 8K folder seesm to have no texture  in it so I'm a bit confused as to how thats happening ! :)

The 8K Color texture should be found in this path "Runtime/textures/HerschelHoffmeyer/Tyrannosaurus Rex 3/Expansion/8K Textures"

It shouldn't be in its own folder. I will get a fix submitted to Daz for this and should be an update for it soon to fix this. In the mean time I would suggest loading in the Green 8K base color texture manually after loading in its material then resaving the material preset.

Nice work Herschel!!

Funny, I was just trying an interactive VR title based off of the Jurassic World franchise. There I was, standing next to Blue, the raptor in VR and a T-Rex came into the scene (which almost made me wet my britches in VR) and afterwards, all I could think was how much cooler your model would have looked instead, LOL

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,308

Ohhh yeaaahhhh!!!  It just keeps getting better and better. 

• Nice work Herschel!!

Funny, I was just trying an interactive VR title based off of the Jurassic World franchise. There I was, standing next to Blue, the raptor in VR and a T-Rex came into the scene (which almost made me wet my britches in VR) and afterwards, all I could think was how much cooler your model would have looked instead, LOL

Haha, thanks for sharing that. Yes, I agree that most of the 3D world leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to dinosaurs. Especially Hollywood and documentaries. The Jurassic World movies do a decent job though. Even the toys can still be a LOT better. To this day ain't nothing come close to the days of Tyco and their attention to detail with the Dino-Riders toy line.

• cathan01_wwg1wgacathan01_wwg1wga Posts: 353
    edited July 2019
    Dino-Riders! Sweet Nostalgia. Wish I still had my kentrosaurus and brontosaurus... and shoulda grabbed the edmontonia when I had the opportunity. Any chance we'll see Rex armor similar to the HH Carnotaurus set? I'd love to render some Dino-Riders inspired images. Wishlisted the Rex3 expansion for now. Though Rex2 is a bit resource heavy, i still love the Alpha. Thanks again for such great dinos.
    Post edited by cathan01_wwg1wga on

yeah, Dino Riders came out right after my childhood, when I was in College. i do remember the cartoons though

here is a page on the toys http://www.toyarchive.com/DinoRiders/DinoRidersToys.html

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

While the alternative skin patterns and meat chunks were nice, what sold me were the vital array of partial poses. Any creature model like this with multiple feet joints requires those to enormously cut down on posing time. This is extremely helpful.

• While the alternative skin patterns and meat chunks were nice, what sold me were the vital array of partial poses. Any creature model like this with multiple feet joints requires those to enormously cut down on posing time. This is extremely helpful.

Yeah I found my self creating any pose I wanted very quickly and partial poses I will continue to do for future figures.

Any chance we'll see Rex armor similar to the HH Carnotaurus set?

Haha, I can't tell you how excited I am to create the ultimate Battle Rex armor set inspired from Dino-Riders but, as much as I love them and make sure they get the justice they deserve, dinosaurs are my weakest performing items in the store. Add-ons for them do even worse. A lot of time would go into creating the armor set and I don't think it would sell many copies. But then again, it's the T. rex of all dinosaurs so it possibly would be worth it... not sure. Any thoughts?

I have made plenty Battle Rex's in the past when I was new to modeling, including a miniature... here's a small taste.

• jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

Wow that looks amazing I would definately buy it

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Good Lord, if that came with smart-proped energy effects, too...

• RbugRbug Posts: 166

Hey really cool.... Nice Textures, one question though. The morphs, are they only for the male Trex, I thought it was for both male and female versions? Very cool though very cool

• cathan01_wwg1wgacathan01_wwg1wga Posts: 353
    edited July 2019
    I'm surprised your dinosaur models' sales are weak. You and Dinoraul are the only vendors currently providing dino models for Daz studio and poser, and thus among the few vendors I actively watch. Since the book Im currently working on features dinosaurs and prehistoric mammals, I tend to invest more on animal models and accessories than humans. The armored rex models look awesome. I grew up with Dino-Riders tv series and had a few of the toy kits, so I smile whenever i spot art clearly inspired by a classic franchise that has yet to be revived. If I didnt have a strict budget I'd definitely be begging for Rex battle armor.
    Post edited by cathan01_wwg1wga on
    I'm surprised your dinosaur models' sales are weak. You and Dinoraul are the only vendors currently providing dino models for Daz studio and poser, and thus among the few vendors I actively watch. Since the book Im currently working on features dinosaurs and prehistoric mammals, I tend to invest more on animal models and accessories than humans. The armored rex models look awesome. I grew up with Dino-Riders tv series and had a few of the toy kits, so I smile whenever i spot art clearly inspired by a classic franchise that has yet to be revived. If I didnt have a strict budget I'd definitely be begging for Rex battle armor.

probably because it's a niche group of users doing art with dinos. There is no doubt HH's dinos are top of the line in quality, we just need to get more imagery out there for other users to see what can be done and show off what is avaliable.

In the users defense, with 3 versions of trex being released it's hard for a user to justify the cost. I passed on the 2hd one because I already had the first one, despite new design ideas and innovations. I highly doubt a 4th version would do well unless you include unless you include the full Jurassic World park scene along with it, LOL

I hope that dimished sales on dinos hasn't affected you coming out with more, we are in desperate need of more variety. TRex has got to eat ya know.

• I will certainly make more dinosaurs and creatures and I probably will produce a Battle Rex armor set (sometime in the future) but I'm currently taking a break from dinosaurs because of they do underperform compared to more common products you see in the store. I'm sure my dinosaurs sell very well compared to other dinosaurs but I believe the crowd needing/wanting these products are much smaller. T. rex does the best on sales compared to other dinosaurs and that explains the multiple versions.

Rbug said:

Hey really cool.... Nice Textures, one question though. The morphs, are they only for the male Trex, I thought it was for both male and female versions? Very cool though very cool

Just for the Male 3.1 morph.

• LintonLinton Posts: 541

I'll be picking this up tomorrow after payday. I love the poses, and the textures are awesome. 

If I may offer some feedback here for further expansions based on your statement about dinos underperforming. As a purchaser, I look for any product that offers poses with the creature. You have added some here, and further expansions definitely make it into my art if I can expand the library with new poses.

If an item has expansions that add geografted extras (like a set of rex arms that are longer, making it more like a different dinosaur, while still being a biped), or a different snout shaping, teeth variety (like serrated shark-like teeth. or even a removed arm stump from a fight, a gouge out of a jaw with teeth missing, or an eye gone etc.

Your sets that  match with the environments made purchasing dino Rex from version 1 to version 3 just further increased my purchasing desires with products you release. 

Is there any advertising done outside of DAZ to promote your dinos? I'd be happy to share it to my deviantart pages and tumblr when you launch a new product if you like.

• Linton said:

I'll be picking this up tomorrow after payday. I love the poses, and the textures are awesome. 

If I may offer some feedback here for further expansions based on your statement about dinos underperforming. As a purchaser, I look for any product that offers poses with the creature. You have added some here, and further expansions definitely make it into my art if I can expand the library with new poses.

If an item has expansions that add geografted extras (like a set of rex arms that are longer, making it more like a different dinosaur, while still being a biped), or a different snout shaping, teeth variety (like serrated shark-like teeth. or even a removed arm stump from a fight, a gouge out of a jaw with teeth missing, or an eye gone etc.

Your sets that  match with the environments made purchasing dino Rex from version 1 to version 3 just further increased my purchasing desires with products you release. 

Is there any advertising done outside of DAZ to promote your dinos? I'd be happy to share it to my deviantart pages and tumblr when you launch a new product if you like.

Those are excellent ideas to expand on the available options for a dinosaur and never thought about that since each dinoosaur, of the same species, would look a bit different from each other (much like us humans). As far as advertising, the only real thing to help make a significant difference would be for Daz to promote other things besides their latest character releases and work on making official releases other things besides human characters. How about some offical Daz Dinosaurs... made by me or not, it wouldn't matter and only help the situation because then they would be promoting dinosaurs.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

I would love to see a good pterosaur.

I mean, it’s an iconic creature.

And hey, maybe it’d sell better — it’s not a dinosaur!

edited August 2019
    Oso3D said:

I would love to see a good pterosaur.

I mean, it’s an iconic creature.

And hey, maybe it’d sell better — it’s not a dinosaur!

+1
    Throw in some saddle gear and I'd be ALL OVER THAT! (I'd be on it even without a saddle, but the saddle would ROCK!)

Post edited by Gogger on
  • LestatLestat Posts: 20

I look forward to the promised Allosaurus. I even paint art in my head with this predator that won't disappoint you, Herschel.

I look forward to the promised Allosaurus. I even paint art in my head with this predator that won't disappoint you, Herschel.

I would love that as well as the Pterosaur, or a Mosasaur plus underwater environment, or a Styracosaurus, or a prey package with a few Hadrosauroid like Parasaurolophus, Shantungosaurus and Edmontosaurus

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009
    Gogger said:
    Oso3D said:
    +1

Throw in some saddle gear and I'd be ALL OVER THAT! (I'd be on it even without a saddle, but the saddle would ROCK!)

If you were on it without a saddle, you'd soon fall off: then watch out for those ROCKS!

• Thanks for this and Hell Creek, link below.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/871521

jash147 said:

If you were on it without a saddle, you'd soon fall off: then watch out for those ROCKS!

Oh, man!  "Someone" should do a T-Rex Rodeo scene!  Can you imagine being a Rodeo Clown for THAT rodeo?  There are some seriously cool images in this context.  HA HA!!  A T-Rex with bloody clown legs sticking out of his mouth while other clowns help the fallen cowboy out of the corral.  

Aaaaaaand..... GO!