Aspect ratio

SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
edited December 1969 in New Users

Does anyone know the aspect/ratio to use in DS for a standard comic book? Would it be the same I've been using for paperback book cover size?

Comments

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

When I copy/paste a part of your question into Google.
    Google comes up with this:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Size-Your-Comic-Books-for-Proper-Storage

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 2013

Its DPI to Render in Pixels. So at 72 DPI a render size of 144x144 = 2x2 inches. So it depends on DPI and Size in pixels for print.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
    edited December 1969

It's not for print (as I don't have a printer). Basically I want to do some renders in comic book style. The paperback ratio I was recommended to use in DS is 16:25, would that be similar?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,511
    edited December 1969

Why not measure an actual comic?

edited December 1969

The link Tjeb provided has measurements, I'm just not sure how to translate them into the ratio in DS, because I'm not as clever as I think I am.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2013

SteveM17 said:

The link Tjeb provided has measurements, I'm just not sure how to translate them into the ratio in DS, because I'm not as clever as I think I am.

17.5cm x 26.7cm is 496 pixels by 757 pixels. Does that help

or if you prefer a ratio of 0.655 to 1

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    SteveM17 said:

I'll try that later and see if it works, and post the result. I just need to sober up a little first (it's getting near Christmas and everyone wants to drink - not that I'm complaining!)

Oh, and thanks for the replies folks. Much appreciated.

edited December 1969

OH, you need a Standard Web Comic render size, sorry thought you were doing print. I'm working on a Web comic as time allows and this is the Default Page layout from my comic creator..

Page Render size FULL (thats not with clipper edges for panels) is 816x1086. Here is A old page from a old project. Click for Full Size.

Page_1.jpg
    816 x 1056 - 508K
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    SteveM17 said:

That looks right to me. Cheers!

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    OH, you need a Standard Web Comic render size, sorry thought you were doing print. I'm working on a Web comic as time allows and this is the Default Page layout from my comic creator..

Page Render size FULL (thats not with clipper edges for panels) is 816x1086. Here is A old page from a old project. Click for Full Size.

I probably should do full renders and clip off the bits I don't need, which is what I've done in the past. But I could do with some (free) comic creation software for putting the panels together. The ratio stuff will be best helpful for doing a cover that looks like a traditional comic cover.

edited December 1969

Can't help with the free part. I bought all the junk I use. LOL Well not junk but you know, nothing ever as easy as they make it look stuff.

edited December 1969

Now I know the measurements/ratio I can muddle through with powerpoint.

And yeah, nothing's ever as easy as they say it is!

Cheers for the info guys.